Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:43 AM
Fenchu19
Fire Beetle

Default Please help, stuck at last step i think...

Hello all-

I have been working on getting my first EQEMU Windows server up and have followed a few of the different guides and am stuck now.

I am getting stuck when I try and launch my shortcut for EQ and login, it just says "Logging into Server, please wait..."

My EQEmu login server window is showing that I am trying to connect:
New Titanium client connection from 127.0.0.1:3562
Application packet received from client (size 14)
Session ready received from client

My World.exe seems to have started just fine, no errors.

the Launcher Window (0:Sleep) shows the last entry as starting zone dynamic_05

I have worked through many issues and finally got everything to start without errors but for the life of me, and pouring through these forums, I have not had any luck actually connecting the EQ client to the login server.

I have created a Login and World Server account at eqemulator.org

I downloaded the client from Steam...I see people saying things about Underfoot, Titanium, SoD etc but I do not know which version I have...I assume Titanium.

Can anyone provide some feedback please or request information that i can provide that may shed some light...

Thank you!!!
Old 06-24-2011, 02:54 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

If you downloaded the client recently from Steam then it is Underfoot. You can identify the client using the instructions here: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...ClientVersions

Are you able to connect to any other server?

Is your client on the same machine as your server?
Old 06-24-2011, 10:46 AM
Fenchu19
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the reply.

It is the Underfoot client.

My server is running on the same machine that I am trying play on and I have not tried to connect to any other servers yet.

Thank you very much, is Underfoot not going to work then? Is there something I need to do be able to play on the same machine as my server?

Thanks!
Old 06-24-2011, 04:09 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Underfoot is fine, and having the client on the same machine as the server is fine. These are just troubleshooting steps. You need to try and connect to a different server because right now there's no way of knowing if your client is broken or if your server is broken.

Your Underfoot client will need some work to make it complete. You can play with it without these steps, but you are missing files that may impact you. You'll need to copy files from a different client if you have one, or a live install. The list and instructions are here: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...ssingFilesList
Old 06-24-2011, 06:34 PM
Fenchu19
Fire Beetle

Thanks again for your help.

So in order to connect to another server, I created a loginserver account with EQEMU and changed my eqhosts file to eqemulator.net:5998

When I try and run eq I still get stuck on the logging in screen, I dont get to a list of servers.

This indicates that there is something wrong with my client?

Thanks!

When it says that i can get the files I need for Underfoot from Live, does it mean if I launch the UF client and patch from the EQ servers, those files will be what I need to copy to patch UF with the missing files?
Old 06-24-2011, 06:50 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

You need to use port 5999 for Underfoot.

If you have an active live account then you can patch a copy of the game and use those files. Make sure you have an untouched backup copy of the client since patching it will make it unable to be used on the emulator. You need to be very careful to always keep them separate.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:56 PM
Fenchu19
Fire Beetle

I thought it was 5998...

When I use 5999 it gives the server cannot be found error.

I think I am going to try and Amazon a copy of Titanium or dig through my old stuff.

I will come back to this thread when I find that and see if using that client works for me but I imagine that i will still have the same trouble.

If you can think of anything else I can try while that happens please let me know, and again thanks for taking the time!
Old 06-24-2011, 07:29 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

It is 5999 for Underfoot. http://www.eqemulator.org/wiki/wikka...akka=PlayGuide

Make sure the client isn't under the Program Files folder, something like C:\EQ works.

If you're not connecting properly then your firewall may be blocking it. You could try adding an exception for it.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:04 PM
Fenchu19
Fire Beetle

Ok so progress!

I found my old CD's...and some keychains and my FV figurine, woot!

I installed it and I can now get the other servers, at least to the login server and see all the eqemu servers.

When I switch my host file to 127.0.0.1:5999 and I log in it says that the username doesnt exist.

I have done :
INSERT INTO tblLoginServerAccounts (AccountName, AccountPassword, AccountEmail, LastLoginDate, LastIPAddress) VALUES('Admin', sha('password'), 'admin@somewhere.com', now(), '127.0.0.1');

changing the user and pass in peqlogindb...ran it about 5 times with different usernames and all said created, but none of them will work.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:30 PM
Fenchu19
Fire Beetle

Ok I am now able to login...

My login.ini was pointing to PEQ for some reason and not peqlogindb

Now I can get to the server select screen but it is blank. I have seen some of these posts so I will look through them.

Thanks again for helping this far!
Old 06-24-2011, 09:30 PM
irhall93
Fire Beetle

I am having the exact same problem, I used Duxas complete install. thats all i did got the appropriate driver for my graphics card then when i go to log in I use the log and password that i just created about a half hour ago on this website and it stops at the logging onto server box... just like you said yours did but i got lost when you folks started talking about underfoot and switching your host file. Did i miss a step that i need to do?
Old 06-24-2011, 09:55 PM
Fenchu19
Fire Beetle

My problem was that i was using a client that didnt seem to be working, which was the Underfoot client I downloaded from Steam.

I found some old disks with I believe Titanium or retail and when I changed the eqgame shortcut to the new install then I got passed that screen.

When you try and connect to the login server does your eqemulogin box show that your client has connected? If so then i imagine that your hosts file is setup correctly. The eqhosts file should have your IP address of the server and a port of 5999 if using UF and 5998 if using Titanium.

I have looked through many pages of posts and I cannot seem to find a consistent answer for why I do not see my server. Most posts say that you just need to log in and out a few times but that doesnt work.

I still have a blank server select screen.

I can log into and play other servers just cant see mine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 06-24-2011, 10:03 PM
irhall93
Fire Beetle

where would it show if its connected or not?
Old 06-24-2011, 10:04 PM
irhall93
Fire Beetle

I am using Titanium that was previously installed on my computer, I use the Eqp99 shortcut right not the old shortcut that i had?
Old 06-24-2011, 10:14 PM
Fenchu19
Fire Beetle

I am not 100% certain but if you used that install to play Live you may have some issues..

I just created a shortcut to eqgame.exe and added the patchme to it.

From my very limited experience I would say reinstall Titanium to a different directory and make a new shortcut with patchme in it..

That is if you used that install to play on Live...I may be giving bad info but I havent played on Live in years so this was a brand new install for me. But when I installed fresh Titanium in new directory, I got past the problem of the Logging in hang.