Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:49 AM
KingMort
Banned

Default New Problem

Hi folks,

Alright so there is some weird issue with only certain chars, where they will cast a spell and crash, I've tested the spells myself and they work fine I do not crash , nor does anyone else on the server but there is a handful of chars that has this issue.. At first I thought it was maybe their client, and had them switch to another client but the issue was still occurring. I'm really not sure what's going on with this or how to fix it, I know it's not crashing the actual zones, just the client itself.

Any ideas ?

Morty
Old 01-25-2013, 04:19 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Are they wearing a particular piece of focus gear that you were not when you tested the spell? What spell?
Old 01-25-2013, 07:09 AM
trevius
Developer

I don't know if it still exists, but there used to be a zone crash (or maybe client crash) from casting spells while using armor with focus effects with spell IDs that did not exist. I recall this issue happening on servers that had updated their items table with newer items that had focus effects that the Titanium spell file can not support. You might try searching your items table for any focus effects that are above spell ID 9999, since that is the Titanium spell file cut-off.

Also, if it is only the client that is crashing and not the zone, you should get the client version from the people experiencing the issue (I am guessing they are all on Titanium). I would also recommend that you try moving the characters to one of your accounts so you can test casting spells with their characters on different clients to see if it crashes for you as well.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:40 AM
Aonelyn
Hill Giant

It happened to me on both Titanium and Underfoot clients. The crash occurs when the said character receives a buff. It can be cast by or on the player for the crash to occur, and it does not matter which buff it is.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:15 PM
KingMort
Banned

OK but, do that test again, but take all your armor off and put it in the bank or in bags.. They think it's something to do with a focus effect your wearing. I sure hope it's something easily fixed like that

Morty
Old 01-25-2013, 03:47 PM
Aonelyn
Hill Giant

Completely naked on the tester of this theory. I still crashed once I received a buff. It seems once I receive 3 or more buffs it causes the crash for every buff including and after the third. When Mort copied my character over, he didn't crash upon receiving buffs.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:54 PM
KingMort
Banned

SO is it a client issue folks, or is there something wrong with my server so that it's not jiving with his client ? He's not the only one with this problem there are several others , so if it's something I'm doing wrong then let me know.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:41 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

If one version of Underfoot, as an example, gets disconnected and another doesn't then you should look for the differences between them.

If one of you generates a sfv file using something like http://rapidcrc.sourceforge.net/index.html the other one can use that to compare which files don't match it. Things like the spell file, maybe some UI files, zone files, etc. If it is only a client issue then something that's different between the two should be the problem.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:17 PM
Aonelyn
Hill Giant

To clarify, this only happens on this server. I can receive buffs just fine on other servers with their spell file.