Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:04 PM
KingMort
Banned

Default Issues with loot tables

I thought I had posted this before but couldn't find my original.. Anyway lets take for example the frost event it drops molds 5% of the time but according to the players it's more like .05 % drop rate so I'm not sure how to put that back to what it use to be.. I know there was work done on loot tables new fields added and maybe there is a fix out there?

As always I appreciate any assistance with this it's driving people nuts and thats the last thing I want are unhappy players.

Morty
Old 02-14-2013, 03:33 PM
Tabasco
Discordant

There is now probability in loottable_entries, which should be 100 for most purposes, but would ultimately be used to roll on whether or not that loottable entry even tries to drop.
Each lootdrop entry has chance, so for your 5% you would probably want a 100% loottable entry with a lootdrop that has your item in it with a chance of 5%.

It's not especially complicated, so just look for the two relevant chance/probability fields and do the math.

As an aside, I think it's good to investigate any player concerns, but when it comes to RNG complaints I usually find that people expect some kind of coherent noise generator and lack any real understanding of what 'random' is.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:20 PM
KingMort
Banned

Is there some query I can run to make it back to why it was ?
Old 02-15-2013, 12:25 AM
Aonelyn
Hill Giant

first two waves had a low drop %.

The 3rd wave, the giant on the right had a 100% chance to drop 1 mold.

The last wave, Charissa had a 100% chance to drop 2 molds.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:49 PM
KingMort
Banned

Bump, Please folks I need a query to put my loot tables back to normal here.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:22 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Man figure with all your years of experience running emu servers you wouldn't need help with something this simple.

Last edited by trevius; 02-20-2013 at 02:45 AM.. Reason: Removed Malicious SQL
Old 02-19-2013, 01:36 PM
Demi-God

This is speaking to the old design of the loot tables not sure if you are using the new one:

Typically you would expect it to be probability * chance for each item (to get a percentage of how often it 'should' drop). This isn't always true though.

When probability (p/100) is matched we make one pass on all the items in that loot table (the start point of which is randomly selected). The total value used in the item random is determined by the sum of all items chance on that table, if the chance of a specific item is less than the randomed result it will drop that item. If the item chance is 100 the item will auto drop despite the random.

You really will just have to test it out thats the point of the #repop command.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:21 PM
Dabloon
Sarnak

Would this work?
UPDATE lootdrop_entries SET chance=chance*1;
UPDATE lootdrop_entries SET chance=100 WHERE chance>100;
Old 02-19-2013, 11:12 PM
Tabasco
Discordant

Quote:
Would this work?
UPDATE lootdrop_entries SET chance=chance*1;
UPDATE lootdrop_entries SET chance=100 WHERE chance>100;
No. This would basically do nothing. If you were to increase the multiplier in such a way as to actually alter the original value, it would apply to every drop on the server. You would need a WHERE clause in there for it to be effective, and I think it's safe to say that if Mort had the knowledge or the inclination to produce that data, he wouldn't be here asking how to do trivial tasks.

This is a case of examining the loot tables/drops and determining what drop chance you want. It is the simplest form of server modification: Database editing.

Now I'm not opposed to answering simple questions, everyone has to start somewhere, but there isn't enough information provided to do that.
Aonelyn seems to be privy to Mort's setup and has probably already provided more than enough information for him to take care of this.

What NPC's are involved? What are their loot table ID's? What probabilities and item chances are associated with those drop entries and drop lists?
Old 02-20-2013, 08:05 PM
Dabloon
Sarnak

There deffinately is a lack of info in their question
Old 02-20-2013, 08:17 PM
Zamthos
Discordant

If the players are complaining about it being a low drop rate, the first thing I would do is look to see if they're just wanting a drop up, also, you could run a query, but with the information you've provided, I don't know exactly what you're looking for, you have to inform to be re-informed.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:53 PM
KingMort
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfwalkereci View Post
Man figure with all your years of experience running emu servers you wouldn't need help with something this simple.
It is simple, but I have thousands of loot tables on thousands of npc's and I work full time and I am not willing to go through them one by one and fix them. ( I SIMPLY DO NOT HAVE TIME , PS I haven't run eqemu servers, I have run one server, Raid Addicts.. )

Appreciate all of your help folks, I want to say whoever created this feature is awesome because always wanted to add loots that were you know .2 percent drop chance or whatever so this is certainly a great fix I just need to find a way to smooth it out for all my old mobs the players are used to me not changing old content , and that is what this is doing.

Morty
Old 02-20-2013, 10:24 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

There was a thread discussing this when the change was made. You should go read it as it had information on possibly how to fix your problem.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:48 PM
KingMort
Banned

Really awesome, will try and find it , any idea what the thread was called?
Old 02-21-2013, 08:02 PM
Burningsoul
Discordant

At or around here is what I imagine you're looking for.