Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > OpenZone > Simple Client

Old 01-06-2008, 03:56 PM
krusher
Sarnak

Default Hosting

Hi Wind

I would be glad to host for you. Drop me a PM and we can discuss.

Krusher
Old 01-07-2008, 11:53 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windcatcher View Post
Bear in mind that your DB would require some rework as the item icons and spell icons don't carry over and only a small subset of the NPC models exist. The items work would go pretty quickly, though.
True enough. But with our server you get a lot of bug fixes, augments (we also have custom augment pools), and if you want there is also player merchants, growing spells (spells that get stronger as your level gets higher) and stargates among other things.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

An added note: Sakrateri and I are working on the s2k custom zones and putting some new ones together for SC...
Old 01-18-2008, 05:26 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

DING!

I haven't yet landed hosting for this yet, so in the meantime I'm fixing bugs and adding content.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:34 AM
mattmeck

Keep it on topic, and take the drama elsewhere.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

WOW!! What did I miss?

I've been suffering from some burnout lately and haven't done much on SC in the past couple of months. I'm toying with the idea of releasing it as-is, though not all spells are there for all classes. Does anyone have any thoughts?
Old 03-20-2008, 04:13 PM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windcatcher View Post
WOW!! What did I miss?

I've been suffering from some burnout lately and haven't done much on SC in the past couple of months. I'm toying with the idea of releasing it as-is, though not all spells are there for all classes. Does anyone have any thoughts?
PM sent about the drama (dont start it again!)

Wind, some of us have been waiting for years for this!

If you think its good enough to hand out then it is.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:27 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Alright, maybe tomorrow I'll start packaging it up. I just need to place a necro spell merchant somewhere in a zone (there are spells for druids, wizards, and necros up to level 20, and a handful for some other classes--the community can add more to their heart's content with OpenSpell). I definitely think we need to set up a private SVN server somewhere so I'm not the only one with the source code, too. I think we need to have that discussion ASAP. (and it's in Delphi, so I suppose certain coders in California will be thrilled to learn that they've been Delphi experts for the last ten years -- and that's all I need to say about that, LOL -- I've been coding Pascal since before some of them were likely even glints in their parents' eyes).

Last edited by Windcatcher; 03-21-2008 at 08:34 PM..
Old 03-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Just a small update...I probably won't release until next weekend. I've got the necro spell dealer in and the necro guildmaster, but I'm in bed with a cold and I just can't get it all done yet. Once I kick this I'll put it all together and upload it somewhere. In the meantime, are there any thoughts on source code management?
Old 03-25-2008, 09:10 PM
Darkriderone
Fire Beetle

I just wanted to say Thank You for this, hopefully it will make it easier to access my 400+ custom zones. Also I was wondering about how it would handle custom models and other content?
Old 03-27-2008, 02:19 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I'm for releasing it also, and it would be good to see how certain things were done/coded - but I guess I'm too "young" to be what you call an expert in Pascal

I can host a copy of the source on my end as the server (like me) has been around for ages.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 04-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Thanks, George. I may be hitting you up for hosting very soon I'm just adding some guildmasters so people in different classes can at least train. At this point, I recommend the following races:

Human male
Wood elf male
Wood elf female
Dark elf male
Dark elf female

I haven't modeled any other player classes so anything else will show as the human male model. As for classes, I recommend the following:

Warrior
Wizard
Necromancer
Druid

There are some spells for other classes where there is overlap, and a handful of cleric spells, but I haven't put any real effort into building spell sets for all the other classes yet. As for the ones above, I stopped at level 20 so anything else will have to be done by the community. With OpenSpell out there, everything people need is available. I'll be releasing another version of the Admin Tool shortly as I've fixed a couple of bugs and I have the items tab showing miniature item icons in the item list. I'm finding that this is very helpful when building items from scratch (especially spells).

NOT all skills are in yet, but some are (e.g. bash). They aren't hard to add, but it depends on what the server can support. I can build a list of what's implemented if people ask for it. At this time, there are no specialized buttons for anything, but you can assign "/" slash commands to the programmable buttons in the bottom left to implement any supported command (e.g. /bash, /cast 1, etc.)