Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 11-16-2017, 12:34 AM
WarAngel
Sarnak

Default Bot trade, partial stacked item; Just a question...

Back in 03/09/2017, Uleat made a fix to Bot inventorygive(per the changelog). And the fix was definitely called for. Excellent work by the way.

My situation...I like, and have made almost every item in the database stackable. It is nice to not run out of room while camping and looting items such as swords and armor. But, I came across the inability to equip my bots (just started to play with them). I receive a "Splintering Club is only a partially stacked item - Trade Cancelled!!"

QUESTION...Does anyone have a technique or idea get around the preventive measure implemented by Uleat. Other than the obvious that (1) I need to go back to UNstacking items. Or (2)getting into the SQL and forcing the equipment on the Bots (which take away from the interactive play/fun)?

DISCLAIMER...I am not in any way asking to have the Devs "fix" or-what-not this situation. I see the need for what was done. I am just curious as to my situation before I undo my work. Cheers!!

Thank you.

-Eric
Old 11-16-2017, 01:20 PM
Uleat
Developer

I do apologize for that inconvenience!

The code that handled bot trading at the time was in real need of an update to wring out many, many bugs.

I had 3-4 server admins providing feedback on certain behaviors and I tried to get those fixed as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately, partial stack trading is an area that requires more tracking and coordination between the client and bot to alleviate problems with duping and disappearing items.

I had not anticipated your particular situation..the stack issue was more of a full stack of ammunition enforcement clause.

Currently, I am inactive and do not have any eta for returning from my hiatus.

I don't think there is any way to bypass this in the database (with what you want to do)..only some code changes or for the implementation to be finalized.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 11-16-2017, 02:22 PM
WarAngel
Sarnak

You and your peers need NEVER apologize!! What you folks have done for us is incalculable. Through you folks I have been given a gift, a wish come true. And this situation does nothing more than challenge me to look for alternative ways to sate my desire. I just needed clarification. And you have provided, thank you. I can see (figuratively speaking) how the stacking was an issue. By the way, the BOTS have even provided a means to kinda feel like my wife is still grouped with me (she moved on to EQ2). By making and naming her old characters. Tis nice to bring back the moments...this time I am taking screen shots!!

I am going to look at making a spell to cast that pops in a chest or something. That allows me to bank, not the AA one. That will solve a few issues (just like I did in Skyrim). And this is another opportunity to see how I can "fix" my mistakes with the database...without reinstalling the whole shebang (I am a master at it now...a lot of mistakes have been made). And then there is always the proven method of two-boxing a mule. I just wish I knew enough coding to fix the NPCs that walk/run like ninjas...makes me chuckle every time I see a giant walk, Lol.

So please enjoy the hiatus, you deserve it...I pray it is for good reasons and not some sort of emergency. And again thank you for the response, the knowledge you folks provide is wonderful and is the reason the wife and I are inspired at making our own game (she is eating up Unreal and the online classes). Cheers!

-Eric
Old 11-17-2017, 12:59 PM
WarAngel
Sarnak

Reading this the fourth time after a day sleep. I realize my first sentence is a bit strong, I am just passionate and happy about Eqemu. Also, I realize now that this post should be in bots forum. I am still learning...it just seemed more of a server issue (sort of issue, as it is working as intended) to me at the time. If anyone knows how a Fire Beetle can move its own post (could not find it anywhere) please let me know. Cheers!

-Eric
Old 02-28-2018, 11:34 PM
lordnivek1
Sarnak

Did you happen to ever find a good fix for this? I also have made all my items stack able and am unable to give any items to my bots now.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:16 PM
WarAngel
Sarnak

Lordnivek1, I apologize for replying so late. I poked around in the code and have seen where the DevGods have done some coding. Waaaay beyond my skills. What I ended up doing is to set all the armor and weapons to no stack. But the other items such as ore, I made stackable. Working out ok. And to address my desire to be able to camp for long periods and gather loot to satisfy my brain pleasure center, I just fixed the AA ability to cast in the banker with a 30 second timer. Hope this helps a bit, Cheers!!

-Eric
Old 04-12-2018, 01:05 AM
migli
Fire Beetle

Default Same issue with a small difference

I have the same issue as the OP except I haven't changed anything on my 4 day old ez-install server. I have noticed if I try to trade a non-stackable item to a bot, I crash to desktop... kills the client all the back to login. If it's stackable, I get "a water flask is only a partially stacked item - Trade Cancelled!!". One interesting exception is when trading to pets of bots I can give them junk weapons to make them hit harder without issue. I've verified this issue on a SoD client and 2 Titanium clients.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:01 PM
migli
Fire Beetle

I reinstalled client and issue is resolved. I'm using SoD client, fwiw.

Tags
bot, inventorygive, item, partially, stacked