Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-25-2019, 09:33 AM
micah
Fire Beetle

Default Loginserver.exe not found after every reboot

i'm running on windows 7 home X64 the server ran fine for months but now every time i restart my computer when my EQEMU server goes to load up it cant find loginserver.exe i can fix this problem by running the setup_loginserver command and it runs fine until i restart my computer again then i have to do it all over again no clue whats going on with it any help would be great. it would be nice to not have to worry about my server restarting every time my computer updates
Old 06-25-2019, 12:28 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

Not sure about the issue with the server not finding loginserver.exe but I changed my update settings on my server to not install them automatically so it doesn't restart on its own. That ended up fixing alot of problems on the server itself. Also after your done doing the setup_loginserver command just manually restart your pc at that point. It's possible when it goes to do the update it doesn't save the info when it forces the pc to restart while the server is running.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:57 PM
micah
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightrider84 View Post
Not sure about the issue with the server not finding loginserver.exe but I changed my update settings on my server to not install them automatically so it doesn't restart on its own. That ended up fixing alot of problems on the server itself. Also after your done doing the setup_loginserver command just manually restart your pc at that point. It's possible when it goes to do the update it doesn't save the info when it forces the pc to restart while the server is running.

i don't have any problems with the actual Server it's self and it used to boot just fine and auto start the eqemu server with no problems but the past few weeks anytime i restart the PC it cant find the loginserver.exe file afterwards and i have also tried after doing the setup_loginserver command shutting down the server myself and waiting until its actually shut all the way down then restarting the Computer myself i have /exit out of eq to many times and lost all my UI changes not to have thought of that possibility, and it don't make a difference it still loses that file for some reason
Old 06-25-2019, 06:10 PM
Uleat
Developer

The loginserver executable should be located in the same directory as all of your other server executables.

Given that, it shouldn't be a pathing issue if the rest of your server is working.

I would look at your av and see if the program was quarantined for some reason.

Compilin' Dirty