Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-04-2019, 04:17 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

Default Updating old server

So I know the old install method pretty much is out the window now. When I try and compile with a new Git pull. All I get are export_client_files import_client_files and the loginserver.exe. Where we use to get world ucs queryserv ect for the release or debug. So my question is how do I update my server since im using the old method for compiling updates ect?
Old 03-04-2019, 05:52 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Did you look for compile errors ? That source code from github compiles fine, I just updated yesterday. "16 succeeded 0 Failed" (using windows)
Old 03-04-2019, 07:57 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

Yeah said 10 succeeded and 0 errors. So im not sure what im doing wrong at this point. It's the same compiler i've used before and never had an issue with it. I did see something about unknown compiler version. I have a feeling that might be the cause.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:53 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Not sure how old of apps you're using, but have you checked out this page for "current" emu req's ? (vs2017, etc) https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/wiki...indows-Install
Old 03-04-2019, 11:31 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

I feel like pulling my hair out, got the compile to work finally. Then it started to error when trying to convert the xml file to json. Got that fixed, now anytime I try and launch the server i get error from reader line 1, column 1. and the world.exe just keeps deleting and installing the eqemu_server.pl file and gets stuck on that
Old 03-04-2019, 11:56 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Did you try running that update script by itself ? (eqemu_server.pl) without launching server ? Then running all updates/assets available through that script ?
Old 03-05-2019, 11:34 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

Won't run, same thing If I try and run the update script it just loops removing and install the eqemu_server.pl
Old 03-06-2019, 11:09 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

I've been desperately trying to remember, from way back, I had that same issue, but for the life of me, I don't recall what was causing it. It was long ago, but I will continue to pick my memory for it, lol
Old 03-07-2019, 07:14 AM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

Does the eqemu_server.pl file need to be run in a folder named EQEmuServer? I dont know that this is a requirement but whenever I make a new server using this file I make a folder with that name.. but I honestly only do that because that was the name giving in the manual install years ago.... EQEmuServer, Installs, SQL and Build folders.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:35 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomghost View Post
Does the eqemu_server.pl file need to be run in a folder named EQEmuServer? I dont know that this is a requirement but whenever I make a new server using this file I make a folder with that name.. but I honestly only do that because that was the name giving in the manual install years ago.... EQEmuServer, Installs, SQL and Build folders.
That eqemu_server.pl file needs to be in your main server folder. But that folder can be anything you choose to name it, as long it can be found. I have one called emutest that I use for testing purposes. Common practice for installs is C:/eqemu but I have mutiple drives/partitions to play with, so the main server folder can go anywhere.