Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 12:47 AM
luleren
Fire Beetle

Default image

you might want to take a look at this thread.

http://p083.ezboard.com/fsolinvictus...tart=1&stop=20
Old 07-06-2004, 01:04 AM
Jezebell
Discordant

Wow, thats scary how they can get all of that information.
The First Age Website

Running on: Asus A7N8X-Deluxe, AMD Athlon XP 2100+, Geil 1024MB PC3200 Ultra DDR RAM,
WD 40GB 7200rpm ATA-100 HDD, Visiontek 128MB Geforce4 TI 4400, Windows XP Pro SP2
Old 07-06-2004, 01:34 AM
Raznax
Fire Beetle

Default ...

Oh my, that person is meticulous. Names, phone numbers, great grand mom's maiden name from the 1400s... (not really...) but jeez... this person is ready to lop off some heads... I hope this thing gets cleared up really soon...

-Raz

Reading the first page alone these people are fired up...
Old 07-06-2004, 01:49 AM
RexChaos
Dragon

Personally I had to laugh. Stupid EQ people take the game way to seriously. It's a fucking game you jerkoffs. OH NOZ!!!! HE STEALD MY UBER CARTOON GEARZ!!11!!

What he did was wrong, but these people take that shit way too seriously.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:52 AM
Jezebell
Discordant

I can just imagine an angry mob of Everquest players at Images door with torchs and pitchforks, lol.
The First Age Website

Running on: Asus A7N8X-Deluxe, AMD Athlon XP 2100+, Geil 1024MB PC3200 Ultra DDR RAM,
WD 40GB 7200rpm ATA-100 HDD, Visiontek 128MB Geforce4 TI 4400, Windows XP Pro SP2
Old 07-06-2004, 01:55 AM
Mongrel
Hill Giant

When you invest 3+ years and like 360+ $ (monthly fees for EQ) it's more than just "OH NOZ!!!! HE STEALD MY UBER CARTOON GEARZ!!11!! ". It's an actual time investment that's stolen and time is property.

EQEMu files

Winter's Roar spell database
Old 07-06-2004, 02:00 AM
RexChaos
Dragon

For real man. That's way too scary, because I could see all these pasty mofos camped out around his house "regening their mana" until he comes out, then their big fat fighter guy (with dorito stains on his used-to-be-white t shirt) would run up and try to pull him from his house.

The fat chick (who thinks she's a hawt elven ranja (with much huffing and puffing) would pull herself up off the ground and then promptly die of cardiac arrest...well the ranger has to die somehow.

Meanwhile image is like "WTF are you pasty fat bastards doing out here?" (because he doesn't see the pencil thin uber-geeks behind the fatties who begin casting manaburn...except they can't cast anything and just end up wetting themselves from straining too hard)

Turns out that as soon as image comes out with a bat, the lawn clears off pretty quick and the nerds go home and farm some more plat and cyber with their toons...
Old 07-06-2004, 02:19 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Quote:
I would involve the Police in Az with this
Say, um, anybody heard from image in the past couple days?

Help get Image out of jail!!
Hurry, I don't think Bubba can resist his urges much longer
Old 07-06-2004, 03:57 AM
JohnRev
Hill Giant

That's quite odd. Anyone actually think it was Image? And my god, can that bitch stalk...
Old 07-06-2004, 04:09 AM
JohnRev
Hill Giant

Reading through the posts, it seems ALOT like Image. I'm scared...
Old 07-06-2004, 04:26 AM
Raznax
Fire Beetle

Default ...

I think it is pretty much confirmed it was him selling the accounts... but he does have a good defense... he said he was selling them for someone else... which means he didn't steal them... he only sold them... not too much of a crime... I just can't believe the amount of work that one person is doing to hunt him down... I think they are on the verge of really going to his house... but after the lady said she called Image she sorta cooled down... dunno... would be nice to hear from Image, though :P
Old 07-06-2004, 04:59 AM
rizzen04
Hill Giant

Quote:
I think it is pretty much confirmed it was him selling the accounts... but he does have a good defense... he said he was selling them for someone else... which means he didn't steal them... he only sold them... not too much of a crime... I just can't believe the amount of work that one person is doing to hunt him down... I think they are on the verge of really going to his house... but after the lady said she called Image she sorta cooled down... dunno... would be nice to hear from Image, though
The courts dont care if he knew they were stolen or not, its like driving around in a stolen car that was given to you by a friend to borrow. Probably a bad analogy but same point I guess.

I am not 100% sure on that but as far as I know thats how it works.
If it doesn
Old 07-06-2004, 05:02 AM
govtcheeze
Hill Giant

He's lucky he didnt have a record. I saw a post similar to this, where the guy stealing/selling accounts was a convicted child molester. Once that info was posted, the server went nuts. Wish I still had the link.

The lesson here...you are not anonymous on the internet, no matter how hard you try.

Developer of the original (circa 2004):
Loots v2.0, bitch!
Faction v1.0, bitch!
Magelo-like clone v0.3, bitch!
Zone geometry and spawn/path viewer, bitch!
Old 07-06-2004, 05:04 AM
devn00b
Demi-God

Hate to inform anyone here that has been following that.

1) Cant goto jail for selling EQ accounts, Stolen or not. Origanal owner would have to prove the acct is his. If he did, be hard to sell the account in the 1st place right?

2) image is fine I speak with him daily.

3) I think we all know how anti hacker image is. nuff said right there.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" Club
Most Senior EQEMu Member.

Current Work: EverQuest 2 Emulator. Zeklabs Server
Old 07-06-2004, 05:13 AM
Xabob
Discordant

All i got to say if holy shit this guy needs a life and image be scared be very very scared :P
[12:38] <RangerDown> I watched Napoleon Dynamite the other day
[12:39] <Xabob> omg
[12:39] <Xabob> want me to shoot you now?
[12:39] <RangerDown> and the first words out of my mouth at the start were:
[12:39] <RangerDown> Hey I bet Rog looks like that

Closed Thread