Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 09:30 PM
Valdaor
Sarnak

Default Spreading the Word

Now, if you get new users signing up, then they download the EQEmu Patcher 1.01 or whatever it is then extract it, they can't run it.. Why? "Because it's screwed." How long is this going to take to get this thing fixed so I can run it and install the missing files for EQEmu so I can select a server from EQEmu? This is pathetic, or another option is what you can do is make zip with all the files needed for EQEmu to work, like so you can choose a server from EQEmu. In the mean time someone tell me why it is always saying "Cannot Connect to Patch Server" - Then - "Operation Terminated" (Oviously this mean new users are unable to play EQEmu)...
Old 04-17-2003, 01:24 AM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

Jeez, Valdaor, you need to take a reality pill. I haven't been able to use patcher for 3 months. Relax! Before patcher, you had to wait until the next eqemu. You've only waited a little over a month. Don't upset people, and don't post this thread twice again, and like I wrote in your other thread, post these in their forum, general support.
Old 04-17-2003, 01:27 AM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

Quote:
Now, if you get new users signing up, then they download the EQEmu Patcher 1.01 or whatever it is then extract it, they can't run it.. Why? "Because it's screwed." How long is this going to take to get this thing fixed so I can run it and install the missing files for EQEmu so I can select a server from EQEmu? This is pathetic, or another option is what you can do is make zip with all the files needed for EQEmu to work, like so you can choose a server from EQEmu.
What's pathetic is your attitude. Your post makes it sound like we owe you something, which we do not. Why dont you ask someone who got it to work to walk you through how to set it up?
Old 04-17-2003, 01:42 AM
ishap
Fire Beetle

Funny thing is I only started on EQEMu a week ago and have had NO trouble with the patcher. I've been able to play just fine and I've been able to setup my own local server on my LAN.
Old 04-17-2003, 08:36 AM
zaq
Fire Beetle

When are people going to learn to back up their EQ folder?
Old 04-17-2003, 09:12 AM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

Now, zaq I agree with you now.
Old 04-17-2003, 11:46 AM
BLOOD_kane
Discordant

I will be able to when my 2.8GHz Processor, 1Ghz RAM, 128mb GFX Card, and 120gig HD computer comes in tommorrow
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."
Old 04-17-2003, 01:03 PM
Valdaor
Sarnak

Um, your posts are not helping, now tell me what to do please...
Old 04-17-2003, 01:56 PM
Nira
Hill Giant

Default Newbs

Alrighty

1) Install EQ
2) If you play Live make a copy of your Everquest folder to something like EQEmu where you will play from
3) Patch to the latest Live version
4) Run the EQEmu patcher

Lets elaborate of 4 because you seem to be unable to get it to work.

Unzip the files into your EQEmu folder (or your Everquest folder, depending on what you use to play on the emu servers)
Now, it probably put it in a folder named "patcher" or something like that. THIS IS BAD, take all the files out of the "patcher" folder and put them in your EQ directory. Then run the patcher from there. It should work, if it still doesn't you probably need some sort of Service pack for your version of windows, I don't remember where the link is. Just post if it doesn't work.

Readme and Ultimate Info Link
Old 04-17-2003, 06:25 PM
Valdaor
Sarnak

Alright, I uninstalled EverQuest and removed the folder. I reinstalled EverQuest and ran the live patch update. Then I installed EQEmu to my EverQuest folder and checked to see if the patcher folder was there, it wasn't. I ran the EQEmu Patcher, but still it said, Cannot Connect to Patch Server.
Old 04-18-2003, 02:37 AM
BLOOD_kane
Discordant

*puts hand over eyes* oh jesus christ! Man setting up EQEMU should take the brain capacity of a 20 year old retarded chimp! Obviously you dont meet the standards
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."
Old 04-18-2003, 03:27 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

Lets look at something.

I just ran the usage log for the patch server. Here is something I noticed: Total KBytes 27396005

This is since we moved to the new server. I would say the patcher works fine. You are either behind a transparent proxy (in which case you are Shit out of luck) or your machine is retarded.
Old 04-18-2003, 04:08 AM
healthee
Fire Beetle

I money is on Retarded.

:lol:
Old 04-18-2003, 02:54 PM
Valdaor
Sarnak

I don't think it's my fault the patcher isn't working.. When you unzip the patcher you put it in your EverQuest directory don't you? I never use to have problems with it. I think the patch server is down or something, but I think they should have a zip file that you can download with all the files you need to have EQEmu working. Also the eqhost.txt download link isn't working so that isn't helping. x.x
Old 04-18-2003, 02:57 PM
Valdaor
Sarnak

My machine is, Pentium 3 760Mhz - 512Mgb SDR Ram - Geforce 2 Ti 64 mgb. Also, I built my machine. I'm currently low on money, so I can't upgrade. If I do, I'll have to get new motherboard, upgrade absolutely everything except graphics card, sound card, usp port card. :P
Closed Thread