Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-27-2015, 05:43 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Default Legacy of FrostStone

We are in testing right now, a small group of us are getting the bugs out of the game by actually leveling and correcting things that are not in era. We are in continuous development, players are asked to help improve the server by reporting out of era differences. No server reset will be happening.

The server is actually in a locked state mainly because we are testing, this is why you will not see a population just yet. I have let certain people play on the server that are honest about reporting bugs and helping do the research needed. Opening will be July 1 at 8am.
  • Content up to velious (day before luclin release)
  • Max level of 60
  • Single server connection (no boxing, ever)
  • No MQ2 or other third party programs
  • No: bots, no mercs
  • No: AAs, corpse summoners, rezzers, translocators, spell scribers, bazaar, xtarget
  • Soulbinders and Shared Bank
  • Experience rates closer to classic EQ
  • No donation system
  • Extremely robust server & extremely high up-time
  • Login through either EqEmu or separate login server
  • Working boats!
  • Compatible with Titanium, SoF, UF, RoF and RoF2 clients
  • Fixed ruleset, little to no room for discussion
  • Looking to build up a friendly player community

Before you get started please read our server rules and how to connect guide. You will need our file pack, which will include our spell file. Also please join our forum and introduce yourself.
Old 06-28-2015, 03:14 PM
phorest
Sarnak

Will there be classic items like the goblin loot in Butcherblock that was good for plat at low levels and rat tails selling for a few plat a piece?
Old 06-28-2015, 03:21 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Well the cut off for anything is the day before Luclin release. If it existed then it will be added if needed. Many things have been put back in like Bone Chip quest, Gnoll Fang, Froglock Tadpole Fleshies, Fire Beetle eyes. It will take time to get everything right but I am working diligently.
Old 06-28-2015, 04:01 PM
provocating
Demi-God

But to answer your question, yes. The Green Goblin blood was changed in 2006, so we will have the pre-nerfed price.

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?entryid=710082
Old 06-29-2015, 07:27 PM
phorest
Sarnak

i'll definitely be trying it out.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:47 PM
nalbikk
Fire Beetle

Sounds interesting. I will try it out.

Is there are preferred client?
Also, what timezone at 8am?
Old 06-30-2015, 02:52 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Sorry, I thought I posted the time zone.

8am CST, but it will probably be closer to 7am. I just need time to run some queries when I wake up.
Old 06-30-2015, 04:44 PM
Khokon
Fire Beetle

I've been helping some with testing on this server and have played on Chronicles of Norrath before, which is another server of Provocating. I've always been happy with how things are being handled. But guess, else he wouldnt have invited me for testing

Hopefully we can get a reasonable playerbase established and keep the drama low. The people that were testing so far are all nice and helpful. Yet also selfish, stubborn and weird.

BR,
Nedush
Old 07-01-2015, 07:50 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Open for business.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:57 AM
phorest
Sarnak

I can't remember whwn it opened. I know itbwas before PoPn but is jaggedpine and the warrens open on that server? It will make a difference on what race I choose and where I begin. Thanks.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:57 AM
provocating
Demi-God

We are the day before Luclin was released, so Warrens is in, but not Jaggedpine.

Quote:
The Warrens - March 14, 2001.
Stonebrunt Mountains - August 29, 2001.
The Warrens was a huge decision maker on the cut off point for this server. It is such a well designed zone, I wanted to leave it in.
Old 07-01-2015, 03:05 PM
nalbikk
Fire Beetle

Been having a great time on this server. A nice challenge.

Thanks so much.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:33 PM
phorest
Sarnak

yeah. this server is a great old school style server without the militant p99 mindset
Old 07-02-2015, 04:41 PM
nalbikk
Fire Beetle

I am surprised at the number of people who have logged in and did not even get through level 1. They gave up because it was too difficult. It only takes 4 bone chips to go from 1 to 2 (or other newbie quest).

Old world is hard. Old world thrives on grouping. There are no twinks, because those items have yet to be discovered. Is the server perfect? No, of course not. But, it needs people to give it a real chance.

Today, we have had two main groups of characters. Crushbone is a popular spot. The Iskar invasion has begun.

Global OOC was enabled yesterday afternoon. If you are looking for a challenging and social experience this server is it.
Old 07-02-2015, 04:59 PM
phorest
Sarnak

Yeah it is a ton of fun. not fast exp. No one using MQ . It's just a fun old school style server with everything open to velious. .. Get a few bonechips and do a turn in , you'll be level 4 in an hour or so. It's challenging. it's about enjoying old school EQ without the p99 militant mindset.. (like i said before)