Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-10-2006, 04:28 AM
arew264
Fire Beetle

Default Quite Humorous

Well, I was reading the EULA topic on here, the one where it was decided that a clause of the Sony EULA could be struck down according to
Quote:
Title 15, Chapter 1, Section 14. - Sale, etc., on agreement not to use goods of competitor

It shall be unlawful for any person engaged in commerce, in the course of such commerce, to lease or make a sale or contract for sale of goods, wares, merchandise, machinery, supplies, or other commodities, whether patented or unpatented, for use, consumption, or resale within the United States or any Territory thereof or the District of Columbia or any insular possession or other place under the jurisdiction of the United States, or fix a price charged therefor, or discount from, or rebate upon, such price, on the condition, agreement, or understanding that the lessee or purchaser thereof shall not use or deal in the goods, wares, merchandise, machinery, supplies, or other commodities of a competitor or competitors of the lessor or seller, where the effect of such lease, sale, or contract for sale or such condition, agreement, or understanding may be to substantially lessen competition or tend to create a monopoly in any line of commerce
and I noticed this in the Guild Wars Rules:
Quote:
20. You will not create, use, or provide any server emulator or other site where Guild Wars may be played, and you will not post or distribute any utilities, emulators or other software tools related to Guild Wars without the express written permission of NC Interactive.
I was feeling adventurous, so I submitted a tech support question telling them that that is illegal and quoting the law, wonder what they'll do (didn't give them my last name).
Old 09-10-2006, 05:30 AM
CrabClaw
Hill Giant

Quote:
...other software tools related to Guild Wars...
Golly, the Guildwars EULA is so broad putting instant messaging info on a Guildwars fansite, paint programs to edit screenshots, or even hosting ventrillio is illegal.

Who would want a GWEmu anyways, when the game is freely open for anyone to play? Mods i suppose, but bleh, the game is too instanced and shallow.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:30 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

If someone made a GWEmu, it would need to be written in GW BASIC because that's about as good as that game gets.