Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:03 AM
Demi-God

I am not going to restore the restrictions of user limits; the server would have to be down for 6 hours total after losing connection. This will be reconsidered later on but not right now.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:58 AM
Demi-God

If it ever came to me going poof I'd give it out, either way I want it the way it is now for testing reasons. If you really get bugged that much you can disassemble it. But in the end won't make much difference
Old 04-03-2009, 10:07 AM
Aldest
Sarnak

Thank you for putting this together! We've been using leaf and mini-login but it isn't a stellar solution.

I need to ask this though. I'm, we'll say, of average competency when it comes to this.

If I used PEQ installer and I'm running mini-login can I "upgrade" to this service or do I need to do a new install without the mini-login option and essentially "install" this fresh?
Old 04-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldest View Post
Thank you for putting this together! We've been using leaf and mini-login but it isn't a stellar solution.

I need to ask this though. I'm, we'll say, of average competency when it comes to this.

If I used PEQ installer and I'm running mini-login can I "upgrade" to this service or do I need to do a new install without the mini-login option and essentially "install" this fresh?
quite a few people have been converting their database, you just need to make the new accounts you setup to match the previous login id's that is in the character_ table, I suggest reading our forums and post questions should you have any problems.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Aldest
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by image View Post
quite a few people have been converting their database, you just need to make the new accounts you setup to match the previous login id's that is in the character_ table, I suggest reading our forums and post questions should you have any problems.
OKay Image, thank you kindly.

I'll do that. I did post an issue on the old thread. I've been working on this with some success. I'll hop over to your forums as well.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldest View Post

Old 04-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Demi-God

Sorry about the double post, sometimes the iphone posts and times out kinda dumb.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:43 PM
neiv2
Hill Giant

Quote:
I too am coming from a PEQ environment and am of medium technical competence, and I'm still having an issue getting this set up. Image has been patient through it, but I may be at an impasse. It allows me to log in, but never reaches the character select screen. If I can't get this resolved this weekend I will likely just restore my original settings and use the EQEMU login (when it is up, that is).
Old 04-03-2009, 07:30 PM
Aldest
Sarnak

Neiv

I figured it out (at least for my server). It was mentioned before but I didn't pick up on it.

Find your account table with navicat or mysql query browser. Look for the column Isaccount_id. Fill that field with the ID # from login_accounts that you want it to be associated with.

That worked perfectly for us and we didn't even have to muck around with the characters. They were simply there. I hope it works for you!
Old 04-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Aldest
Sarnak

And a new question.

When using PEQ you run a single file that launches minilogin, world and zone. I can get my server working just fine by doing that manually.

Now, PEQ launches zone and world will load as many zones as I tell the DB to. With me doing it separate I have to launch zone over and over again. One per zone. How do I get "X zones in one window?"
Old 04-03-2009, 08:20 PM
neiv2
Hill Giant

Thanks Aldest, but those settings were already there, and it continues to fail to hit the character screen. It's frustrating to say the least. So close, but no cigar.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:31 PM
neiv2
Hill Giant

Aldest, would you mind posting the contents of your eqemu_config.xml file please?
Old 04-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Aldest
Sarnak

Not at all. Here you are:

Quote:
<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
<world>
<shortname>shadowrealm</shortname>
<longname>Shadow Realm</longname>

<!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. -->
<address>5.2.52.138</address>
<localaddress>5.2.52.138</localaddress>

<!-- Loginserver information. -->
<loginserver>
<host>5.2.52.138</host>
<port>5999</port>
<account>xxxx</account>
<password>xxxx</password>
</loginserver>

<!-- Sets the shared key used by zone/launcher to connect to world -->
<key>some long random string</key>

<!-- Enable and set the port for the HTTP service. -->
<http port="9080" enabled="true" mimefile="mime.types" />
</world>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini. -->
<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>xxxx</username>
<password>xxxx</password>
<db>xxxx</db>
</database>
</server>
Old 04-04-2009, 10:45 AM
neiv2
Hill Giant

Can you elaborate on your host? <host>5.2.52.138</host>

Is this a static IP address? All the instructions I have seen specify the use of 127.0.0.1 as the host.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:16 AM
neiv2
Hill Giant

Thank you , Aldest; my world is now working. The only two variations that existed between your eqemu_config.xml file and mine were:

(1) there were a lot of extraneous settings in my version regarding chat servers, mail servers, zone default status, launcher configuration, file locations, and directory locations that apparently just do not apply to PEQ. I was attempting to use the eqemu_config.xml file that an AX user posted earlier. I assumed that may have been part of the problem, so I deleted all of those lines.

(2) There are explicit instructions in that eqemu_config.xml file regarding the World address and localaddress; to wit, "<!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. (read: You don't) -->." But I noticed that you had populate these fields, so I did as well (with 127.0.0.1).

Now my world works.

Image, you may want to make a sticky note on your forum for PEQ db users, and post Aldest's eqemu_config.xml file as a template to use.

You may also want to include the fact that you must use the INSERT command to populate the login_accounts table with the md5 password, and not use a manual db population process (that tripped me up). That, I think, will save tons in support hours.