Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:30 AM
jpyou127
Discordant

Default DB write errors

I just moved and updated a DB that was running on an older source. Everything looks to be working splendidly. One issue I am having and I cannot seem to figure it out but can recreate is that AAs that are bought will disappear after zoning and I am also seeing the inability to purchase AAs. Any ideas on if this is a DB or source issue? Also, it seems that this is new characters as well as older characters.

Celestial
Old 11-04-2015, 09:26 PM
jpyou127
Discordant

Update: Looks like its a mismatch between client and database. Not sure how to repair it yet.

Celestial
Old 11-04-2015, 10:18 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

What does DESCRIBE character_alternate_abilities; return?
Old 11-05-2015, 10:49 AM
jpyou127
Discordant

Here is whats returned: DESCRIBE character_alternate_abilities;

Code:
Field            Type                        Null       Key         Default         Extra
id               int(11) unsigned            NO         PRI           0
slot             smallint(11) unsigned       NO         PRI           0
aa_id            smallint(11) unsigned       NO                       0 
aa_value         smallint(11) unsigned       NO                       0
charges          smallint(11) unsigned       NO                       0
Thanks for the Code Block suggestion!

Last edited by jpyou127; 11-05-2015 at 11:40 AM.. Reason: Code block
Old 11-05-2015, 11:37 AM
Cilraaz
Sarnak

I'm no help on the issue at hand, but you can use a code block in place of a quote block to maintain formatting.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:43 PM
jpyou127
Discordant

I ran the query against a current DB and I see that the table column "slot" is not present.

I think it maybe safe to remove that column and readjust.

Celestial
Old 11-05-2015, 04:02 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

I guess this didn't happen?

Code:
RENAME TABLE `character_alternate_abilities` TO `character_alternate_abilities_old`;                                                                                                                                                     
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `character_alternate_abilities`;                                                                                                                                                                                    
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `character_alternate_abilities` (                                                                                                                                                                             
   `id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',                                                                                                                                                                                            
   `aa_id` smallint(11) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',                                                                                                                                                                                    
   `aa_value` smallint(11) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',                                                                                                                                                                                 
   `charges` smallint(11) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',                                                                                                                                                                                  
    PRIMARY KEY (`id`,`aa_id`)                                                                                                                                                                                                             
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;
Old 11-05-2015, 04:31 PM
jpyou127
Discordant

You are correct I do not have a 'character_alternate_abilities_old'

=)

Celestial
Old 11-05-2015, 04:32 PM
jpyou127
Discordant

I posted earlier, but I guess it didnt make it. But I deleted the column 'slot' and set primary keys to match the table in a newer DB.

Celestial