Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > OpenZone > Simple Client

Old 07-28-2007, 04:07 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

That's really wierd, I used your account to login and I saw both of your guys. They are both alright in the db. This may be a client bug. Could you try a different account and make new toons?
Old 07-28-2007, 04:16 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Ok just created a new toon (Elizah - my g/f's ol cleric hee hee). Something else I noticed, whenever I first make a toon and Enter World, I get bounced back to the char select once. then I can enter ok. but, I am under the world still.

Oddly, this time I couldn't type, so I quit the client and logged back in as johna2 (new account), no Elizah. :(

I'll see if I cannot figure out the irc stuff, and jump in channel.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:37 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Fie... I haven't used mIRC in so long, since Al Gore first invented the internet. Trying to follow the instructions on the front page, I cannot connect to irc.eqemulator.net.

I have to work a bit, but I'll check back later today.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:40 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

So far am very impressed with the client - easily exceeded expectations - but again,WC programing prowess is nothing short of amazing.

I scored 2 kills and a pair of pants and a cloth shirt and a few coin. Still fighting bare handed

I did notice and can confirm the combat bugs - the npc's size change before and during combat. Corpses need to lie down after they get beat down

Movement is jerky as described before.

Framerate appears to be ok on my laptop (Dual Core 1.8Ghz, Gforce 7900)

Zones look awsome

I think in time this can and will replace the eq client, but my concern is the closed source - perhaps a few devs could work on the project to assist - but that's only an opinion..

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 07-28-2007, 04:44 AM
Amra
Hill Giant

Is there link to download the client?
Old 07-28-2007, 10:02 AM
Teppen
Banned

They said its closed beta. So, you have to wait til its out of closed beta...
Old 08-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

cavedude: you have mail

I uploaded SC several times to your FTP as I fixed things. Sit/crouch should look okay now, and F10 hides the GUI (as well as prevents all mouse interaction with it). The GUI will always be re-shown when you log out. It also has an enhancement that people will definitely need once OpenZone 7.7 comes out if they wish to use some of the new mob models.

Last edited by Windcatcher; 08-05-2007 at 11:00 PM..
Old 08-06-2007, 08:59 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention: F11 turns attack on/off. I'm sure we all agree that "A" is bad, bad, bad, and so I had to pick a key...

You're right that the attack button doesn't depress. I suppose I might be able to do that as I *think* I allowed for toggle buttons in the GUI, but when you have attack on you should see your player window change (I know it's subtle).

Last edited by Windcatcher; 08-06-2007 at 05:02 PM..
Old 08-07-2007, 02:54 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Anyone know if the character list is fixed yet? Last I checked, I still had no chars listed on 2 accounts (johnadams and jadams2). If I make a new char, the other ones pop up. But, when I enter the game I am under the world and falling and cannot even type anymore.

Maybe it's time for a new d/l I'll grab the new client and try today if I get time.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:28 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Some fixes coming down the pike:
- Fix for doors...part of this turned out to be an OpenZone 7.6 bug. I've fixed it for OpenZone 7.7, but it means that I have to re-export the Veldona and Lelembeth zones. Until I release OpenZone 7.7 you don't want to export any zones to .XWF/.XWA that contain doors. Part of this bug was also in the client and that is fixed also.
- Fix for some mobs appearing as robed humans if the model isn't found (the robed part is wrong)
- Fix for not being able to click on things when running in full screen mode
- Slight change to the bounding volume around the player. I made it just a little wider which should help a little with movement (while not making it so wide that you have trouble with doors). It doesn't completely solve the jerky movement problem but it should help a little.
- Added a druid ring and some other things to the Lelembeth zone (you'll have to explore to find out what). Part of this involves a change to the DB (just the data, not the structure), which is where I have a question: cavedude, are you able to accept DB updates? Now that doors are fixed I'm going to be filling out Lelembeth a lot more, hopefully, which will mean more DB changes as the zone gets populated.

I'll *try* to get everything uploaded perhaps at the end of the week, but no guarantees on OpenZone 7.7 yet. I still have to rig and animate two more skeleton models and make one more code change before it's ready.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:10 PM
sesmar
I built it I will Support it!

I just wanted to let you know. I have tested out Simple Client on Vista but have been unable to get it to run. I will post a more detailed error message later tonight when I am at home. However, I was able to get it running under Windows XP and I have to say excellent work. Thank you for everything that you have put into this client. It really is a huge achievement, and a huge step toward complete customization of the game. I cannot wait to see the final product. Thank you once again.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:26 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by maudigan View Post
there are goblins to kill in peshara, a camp near one of the zone lines.
There are also quite a lot of things to kill in the Canyons of Gur: bandits, gnolls, and wights, for instance, and there are several goblin camps in Peshara Highlands (some of them are hard to find, you'll have to do some exploring)