Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 01-15-2008, 06:11 PM
AiliaMorisato
Sarnak

Default Spell Editor by Bleh, Ailia

Project coded by bleh, spell definitions by me, data derived from trial and error, lucy, and a majority directly from eqemulator code.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EE055TMF
Old 01-25-2008, 02:47 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Please note if you get an error when loading the spell_us file (as in mismatched fields) it may be due to using an old spell editor (or Openzone)that did not fully support titanium. You will need to therefore get the file from your disks.

Tried it and it works great.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 01-25-2008, 04:09 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Rar archive mirror:
http://theedgeserver.com/spelleditor.rar
Zip archive mirror:
http://theedgeserver.com/spelleditor.zip
Old 01-25-2008, 04:49 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

starting to play with new spell editor

first thing I must say - love the interface - very clean - everthing very nicely looking

few coments:

1) please add spell ID in a separate collum next to spell name, and make it sortable by both ID or alphabeticly

2) a picture of an actual spell icon?

3) description of how spell effect looks like in game?

4) spell descriptions - i know they stored in a separate file which is PAIN to edit (using anything other but shell editor instantly corrupts its) - but at least seeing which description is attached to which ID number would be nice

5) the "effect" drop down box needs to be made a bit wider as some effect description rather long and do not complitly fit in =)
Old 01-25-2008, 06:30 PM
AiliaMorisato
Sarnak

Ill work on 1 and 5 ASAP, mabye 4 in the near future.

Also worth noting, Ive managed to fix the XML parsing engine and am taking over coding on this editor.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:35 PM
moydock
Discordant

Wow great editor, thanks a lot for making it. One thing that would be really nice:

Descriptions of Duration formula and Buff duration. Of course, I may be the only one that doesn't know how they work...
Old 01-25-2008, 06:47 PM
AiliaMorisato
Sarnak

Ill switch buff duration to a menu pull down similar to the ones in the effects list with the formulas listed k? ^^
Old 01-25-2008, 06:50 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

the buff duration is shown in ticks I belive.
so duration of 30 means 30 ticks which are 180 seconds, which are 3 min.
So easy way to calcualte them X ticks/10= X minutes

the duration formula - thats a hard one =)
I know this has to do something with stacking, but i let devs explain this one in detail =)

Otherwise - great work right of the first atempt! Keep it up!

on 2 and 3 - perhaps you want to to take a look at the "german" editor for the icons?
Old 01-25-2008, 07:37 PM
AiliaMorisato
Sarnak

Problem with looking at other editors is every one of em is in a different language.

As for duration formulas, they're not always in tics, sometimes in seconds, sometimes giving an infinite duration.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:46 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

no you see, I was refering to Buff Duration, not Duration formulas - the formulas are complite mystery to me. But I guess based on duration formula the meanign of Buff Duration may vary.

as far as other editors go I mentioned it simply as a source for geting the icon graphics out of it
Old 01-25-2008, 08:15 PM
moydock
Discordant

Hah, okay i changed plague's buff duration to "20", trying to restore it to it's original duration and upon trying to save the file, I got an error and now my spell file is very small in size and has a few lines of what appears to be Japanese. (luckily i have a backup). This is on Vista btw.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:30 PM
moydock
Discordant

I wasn't able to recreate the error, not sure how I did it. Make sure to backup your spells though.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:36 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

yes i got this error too by simply clicking random spells
this seem to be IDENTICAL to the error in the my "german" editor

usualy the effect of such error woudl be that file gets corrupted, huge number of values become lost/cut off (file would loose 50% of its data at random) and atempt to use it in game result in some HIDEOUS effects up to the spell castign freeze or client crash.

basicly in my "german" editor I NEVER used the saved file. Once new spell was added, I woudl go into file with a Notepad, copy the line for new spell only and paste into original version fo the spell file and then sve it manualy in Notepad. This was the ONLY way to prevent file corruption

my BEST guess is that thre are VERY FEW very specific spells in the spell file that have extra UNIQUE fields which most spells do not have and when editor tries to save those fields which are not accounted for - you get the error
Old 01-25-2008, 08:48 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

ok i managed to replicate the error with certantity now.

load default Titenium spells and fidn spell "Blaze" and click on it a few items. Here is what you will get:

http://www.herbhealer.com/personal/error.jpg
Old 01-26-2008, 08:50 AM
AiliaMorisato
Sarnak

Any time you happen to load a spell that has parts that arent properly defined you will corrupt your spell file unless you restart the application.

If you find any more "broken" spells post the names and ill fix the missing definitions.