Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:25 AM
zalemander14
Fire Beetle

Default About to cry...

Start off with specs.

Intel core2 Quad cpu. q9400@2.66ghz
6gb ram
Windows vista 64bit
Nvidia 9800gt video card.

Ok so here is the problem. After starting to play on eqemu servers again, and having the shards of dalya patched i uninstalled my titanium install, and reinstalled it. Now after installation i had no problems. So, today i decide im going to move my computer upstairs so i can play more comfortably, and once set up i ran a disk cleanup and went out for drinks. I came back, to play on my newly moved computer, only to freeze when first clicking on the eqgame.exe, that has already been modified with the patchme command. It literly takes me 1-2 minutes just to get to the eula screen. from there its instant to login, then to server select. Then another 2-3 minutes to character select. Now i have only ever tried to log in once, and as soon as i did, i completely froze. If i try to alt f4, i freeze. When i click decline at the eula, you got it....i freeze. WHYWHYWHYWHY. I had this problem about a year ago with this computer and gave up. I was so happy to have no issues this time around, and now its back. I NEED HELP. Tried every fix possible, even got a friend to search the internet for answers, and still...nothing works.

One more thing i will mention, is that previously (about 5 hours ago) the last time i logged into eqemu with no issues i was clicking a older icon, the blue crest one, modified with the patchme command, and after the disck cleanup that is now gone, and I am left with issues. Sorry for the long winded sentaces. I have been playing for the last week on a much older computer due to this problem, and would really like to be playing on my newer/faster computer. Please someone help me...

Forgot to mention, I have tried running it on single affinity. i have tried runfirst/eqw/wineq2/changed resolution/compatibility mode/undating drivers. I seriously, have run out of options.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:51 AM
Bellos
Hill Giant

Re-install titanium and start fresh
Old 08-26-2010, 12:54 AM
zalemander14
Fire Beetle

I have completely removed eq from my computer, and i am currently working with a fresh copy. The thing that truely confuses me is that EARLIER TODAY i was playing perfectly fine. So it is not a driver issue, It is not a reslution issue. What the hell is left? Is this magical icon that i KNOW is no longer on my desktop the missing link to me playing everquest? Im losing my mind here...
Old 08-26-2010, 08:07 AM
Mooshoo Pork
Fire Beetle

Wanted to chime in here to show appreciation for someone putting an "unknown" seemingly unanswerable question to the test, as I have been in many of these situations myself.

If it had happened to me in this way, I would have CLEANED the hell out of my computer during and after the uninstall process (down to the registry and deeper if possible rofl). Then upon to the point of reinstalling, there would be just cause for me to CLEANSE my precious discs with my eyeglass cleanser+eyeglass special wiping towelette, and PRAY for a good install oncet again.

Hope you get it figured out and running smooth!
Old 08-27-2010, 03:28 AM
zalemander14
Fire Beetle

UPDATE:

I just installed a fresh version of SoD, hoping that a chance in clients will fix my problem. No dice. I still have the long delay while loading the eula, and loading the login screen. With an added effect, i cannot get past the server select even if i tried now. So this got me to thinking, back when i first installed Ventrilo, anytime i would hit the setup button my computer...screen/video/mouse/audio would lock up for 15-20 seconds at a time. This is exactly what is happening with EQ. What fixed it in ventrilo was Clicking off the "Use Direct input to detect hotkey" option. Aftar that no issues. Im curious, is this somehow helpful to my everquest problem? Common computer techs/geeks out there, help a fellow eq lover out get this god forsaken game running smooth again :(
Old 08-27-2010, 04:23 AM
Ansley1
Sarnak

SoD requires port 5999 on your eqhost file.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:00 AM
zalemander14
Fire Beetle

Yes. And it has been modified as such. With the SoD client. I have also tried to open it with a single processor. I have tried it in each of the compatibility modes. My next step is.../sigh....install a multi operating software and install windows 7 in hopes of it working. If this final approach does not work my near top of the line gaming computer that I JUST built less then a year ago will be nothing more then a download bot....this sickens me even thinking about it.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:55 PM
r8n8
Fire Beetle

1. Have you had any problems with other programs since you moved the computer?

2. Have you tried installing EQ into a new folder?

If Yes to #1: you may have jostled the cpu, ram or video card enoughm while moving the computer to cause it to become unseated. (I actually had a cpu do this on a computer that had been sitting in the same spot for YEARS).

#2 is just a good idea, in case something in the registry isn't pointing in the right direction or to something bad.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:31 PM
trevius
Developer

Make sure you don't have port forwarding on your router set for the ports eqemu uses, or it may be messing you up and pointing to the wrong ip or something.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:04 PM
steve
Discordant

Things to try:
- Move your EQ folder out of the Program Files directory.
- Reinstall Windows. If this has happened in the past, then it's likely a problem with the OS. Install Windows 7 if you can. Vista is notorious for not working for no good reason.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:35 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Have you done a complete virus and malware scan ?

May want to run Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes on it before you give up.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:20 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Did you install directx9c?
Old 08-27-2010, 10:39 PM
zalemander14
Fire Beetle

Thanks for all the responses. I tried everything suggested and nothing worked, finally i went and got windows 7, and installed it. Game runs flawlessly now. God I hate vista...
Old 08-28-2010, 01:18 AM
Bellos
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalemander14 View Post
Thanks for all the responses. I tried everything suggested and nothing worked, finally i went and got windows 7, and installed it. Game runs flawlessly now. God I hate vista...

Hey i meant to tell you, do you have an overclocked CPU?

If so it stops you from connectiong. It happened to me and not even sony support could help me lol. I finally figured thats the only other thing i changed.