Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Feature Requests

Development::Feature Requests Post suggestions/feature requests here.

Old 09-13-2013, 02:25 PM
dew1960
Sarnak

Default Bazaar offline sellers for players

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone has code I can implement on my own private server for offline player bazaar sellers like I have seen on EQTitan.com.

Basically it works with a #seller series of commands for seller status, add item, etc.

EQTitan apparently has it working but I don't think they want to share the code so I am asking if anyone has code like this that they will share.

Is this possibly something in development already for a future release?

If not for a future release, maybe for a non-official release that I can grab and implement on my own server?

For now I can just create NPC merchants to sell stuff like potions, defiant gear, etc but I would love to be able to get the economy going on my server with something like this as it is sorely lacking from all servers I have played on for EQEMU, except EQ Titan.

I love EQ Titan but there are no bots or mercs and it only supports Titanium Client fully so I made my own server but it is lacking this one thing that I really want to add to it!

I would code it myself if I knew how, LOL.

Any help please?

Adventure Unlimted - Underfoot!
Old 09-13-2013, 03:35 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

No, Varlyndria attempted this, however, the coder couldn't get it working, EQTitan is currently the only server with such a thing.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:10 PM
Tabasco
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingly_Krab View Post
No, Varlyndria attempted this, however, the coder couldn't get it working, EQTitan is currently the only server with such a thing.
Dungeon Crawl has had an offline AH for a while now, but we use a web interface instead of chat commands.

This is not a trivial thing to implement and what I have is not a one-size-fits-all solution.
I can provide item validation scripts and some of the database functions I use, but ultimately mine is integrated with forum accounts. Players tie login accounts to one forum account and then access the same inventory and plat across accounts.

This might get you started, but you need to figure out storage and interface.
http://dungeoncrawl.us.to/auctioneer.pl.txt
Old 09-13-2013, 05:16 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

I guess you could do it that way, too, but like you said, that's not "one-size-fits-all" due to them having to have a website set up. I haven't seen your server's Auction House, maybe I need to check it out.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:46 PM
Tabasco
Discordant

You could just as easily do it all with saylinks by single login account if you wanted to, I just felt like that was too clunky and a lot of players buy, sell, and list while on breaks at work. You could even do both.
We use auctioneer NPC's to handle in-game transactions, but you could also let players spawn thier own NPC like a lot of those Korean MMO's do. If you look at the use of plugin calls in the script I posted you'll see that you can hook that up to about any interface you like.

Websites are trivial to setup and you can use the in-game browser on newer clients. There are quite a few advantages to it, which is why I chose to take that route.
In any implementation you will need to figure out what level of association you will use as well as storage.
If we decided on such a thing as a community, we could implement an offline AH system that anyone could use that goes along with standard server setup. That's probably out of the scope of the project though.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:02 PM
Bandor
Hill Giant

Hate necroing a old post but is there any newer info on this especially with us being able to use rof2?
Old 03-26-2015, 07:07 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

As far as I know, Trevius has been working on the Bazaar. But as for the offline sellers, we don't have that functionality, even now.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:39 AM
Bandor
Hill Giant

I see. Wish I knew c++ id give it a go lol