Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Old 11-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Default Bots start not full of mana?

At least on my server it appears that the change of the calculation for mana has also made the bots start with only the base amount.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Congdar
Developer

I'm not see this. I had a pc and a bot cleric both equipped identically and they had the same mana. Once they recieved buffs thier mana went up if the buff had +mana or +wis on it.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:35 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congdar View Post
I'm not see this. I had a pc and a bot cleric both equipped identically and they had the same mana. Once they recieved buffs thier mana went up if the buff had +mana or +wis on it.
Hmmm. I'm not doing anything differently. I spawn the bots, add to group, and my bots say they have 12% mana once they have buffed up and starting to med. It used to only drop to around 85%. Their gear is the same, buffs are the same. Only thing different is the rev I'm running. Did I possibly miss some rule that affects mana regen?
Old 11-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

Cleric bot: 85% is wrong. They're using Hand of Conviction, which costs 3200 mana. Your cleric bots would have to have 21000 mana for a cast of HoC to take 15%.

For them to drop down to 12% mana after buffing makes sense: Hand of Conviction + Blessing of Devotion + (Resist buffs? Is that in the cleric spell list).

What you're seeing is a change from bad calculations to accurate ones. I won't specifically run numbers from every class, but I'm betting that is what it is; bots previously used NPC mana calculations which gave them significantly more mana then a PC of the same or worse equippment. Now they use PC calculations, which means less mana.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:59 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Hmm. Maybe it is normal but my cleric has around 30k mana, I think. It just seems odd and something I'll have to get used to.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Congdar
Developer

The old calcs gave 3x the mana the new calcs give. the old calcs were from the npc methods and the new calcs are from the client methods. I see that npc's have quite a bonus over players. So yeah, bots now have much less mana to work with than before. If you have 30k mana, try equiping a like bot with your gear and see if it comes out the same. It should, at least my testing did.