Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 08:10 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

I've uploaded two videos that I made in Sebilis.

Nothing spectacular at all... just showing the bots and a very bad pull in the 2nd video..

As you can see the bots (the casters atleast) stay packed. I will try to find a way to make them split once they stop. You can also see that the mage pets dosn't attack some time, that will be fixed very soon as I'm actually working on the bot pets AI.

Videos:
Sebilis 1
Sebilis 2

Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 05-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Arex
Hill Giant

wow, very nice videos, congrats magoth. I only would change a thing, his position, they are all stucked
Old 05-02-2007, 08:09 PM
number6
Sarnak

Just wanted to say, I love this idea and really hope it comes to fruition.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Yes I have to make them split when they stop to move.
Shouldn't be too hard to do.. Will check.
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 05-03-2007, 08:06 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Ahh, I knew if I procrastinated long enough, someone far more brilliant than I would come up with my dream; the 1-man raid army Excellent, indeed. I cannot wait to try it out.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:02 AM
dudeman123
Fire Beetle

This is the best thing to happen to eqemu in my opinion. I say this because people in most servers behave in the same way... everyone solos until 65 then they become high level arrogant Mobo's...

I'm the type of person that wont level up unless i have group... but like i said, nobody wants to group in the lower levels or it may just be that i am some sort of megan00b without mad skills and nobody wants to group with me...
(either that ^ or my bad jokes)

But that's just my take in it...
Finally... I can enjoy this game with a full group all the time!
I can't wait until Magoth78's creation is complete!

Thanks Magoth78 for giving this game a second chance!
Old 05-03-2007, 09:57 PM
Arex
Hill Giant

Smile

it is the best idea from eqemu community since the idea of create a emu for eq, i cant wait a new update, i hold checking u webpage Magoth
Old 05-05-2007, 04:39 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Hello,

The pets AI is finished and working fine. Every bot that uses pets can now cast their pets correctly.

Now, the mobs split around you so they are not packet anymore.
But, it may cause somes issues in closed places if you're really too near of a wall. One of the bot can go though the wall and if you're aggro'd it will not you assist you. I've experienced this while I was fighting in SolB. Now that I know that, I pay attention and it doesn't happen anymore as long as I stay in the middle of a closed place.

As I'm talking about issues, what doesn't work for the moment:
- Bard bots
- Group buffs (if they're casted by bots.. that's why bards bots re also broken)
- Crow Control by bots

Mag
-- EQoffline/bots

Last edited by Magoth78; 05-05-2007 at 12:43 PM..
Old 05-06-2007, 10:20 PM
Arex
Hill Giant

hey Magoth, i have checked u webpage, and i think that it is a good idea release code, then more people can test bots and see code, and the bugs should to be corrected before.

The links to code looks broken on u webpage, then i ll wait that u have it available. Thank you!
Old 05-07-2007, 03:54 AM
ArChron
Fire Beetle

Hi Magoth78, I checked out your web page, and it seems like your AI is at least as good as some of the HI (human intelligence) I've played with in groups... Sounds like a very cool set of functionality you're adding.

Quote:
" There were some majors issues like the bots were aggro'ing everyone in the dungeon, running everywhere, not assisting etc.."
Old 05-07-2007, 04:45 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

hehe, that's true the bots re working correctly now though... it becomes easy to do certain pulls that are riskys with a real group.

Concerning the sources, I'm making them cleans, commenting everything and pointing out the lines where I think I've made mistakes.

They will be soon available.

Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 05-07-2007, 08:52 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

You can see three source files (the most importants) in the Open sources section. Don't hesitate to give advise, be rude if the code is really too sucky (it's the best way to learn :p ), give your ideas..

I will release a beta version soon so you guys can try the bots. I would really like to finish all the things that are group related so we can start to focus on raids.

Just a little resume of the actual features:

1) Commands:
#bot help / #bot help create = shows the help
#bot create [name] [class] [race] [gender] = create your bot
#bot list = show the list of all the available bots
#bot spawn [Bot ID] = spawn yours bots (you can have the IDs with #bot list)
#bot group add [target] = make your targetted bot joining the group
#bot group remove [target] = remove the targetted bot from your group
#bot inventory list [target] = show the inventory of your targetted bot
#bot inventory remove [slotid] [target] = remove an item in the given slot of your targetted bot
#bot update [target] = update your bot (necessary once you've gained a level)

2) In-game
Since the start, you are able to create your bots and make them joining your group. Actually, the exp rate isn't based on the number of bots you have. So, you can set it to 0.3 (variable table) wich is fair.

3) After a level
Target all your bots and "#bot update" them so they will also gain power/spells.

4) Fighting in a closed place
As the bots don't stay packed and split, be careful to not stay too near of a wall. Else, if there is a bot in a wall, it will not assist you if you have the aggro.

5) If you want to play a CC, don't be surprised if the bots break your mezz's yes, the CC'ing isn't implemented yet and, in the actual state, the bots will always attack the mob that has the most aggro on you. That will be changed as I would like to make the bots always assist the main tank of the group. This way, it will be easier to CC or to make a bot able to do some CC.

to be continued,
Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 05-07-2007, 09:49 AM
dudeman123
Fire Beetle

Just a quick question to Magoth78, but before that, let me bow before you. (/bows) Well, how would a novice like me implement this beauty and work of art that you created to a guide like this
eqemu 0.7.0 guide
Old 05-07-2007, 06:13 PM
Arex
Hill Giant

I have any questions Magoth, my char is lvl65, then i would like create 5 bots lvl65, is it possible using command #bot update, or i need use SQL scripting? and other question, bots belong to database (any player can use any bot) or bots belong to players (each player have his own set of bots)?

Thank you!
Old 05-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Dudeman, nothing special about installing Eqoffline as it's an eqemu server. You can just use your guide then paste the eqoff binaries (when they will be released) into your eqemu dir. You will have 3 things to add into the database also, nothing else.

Arex, you can create your bot when you want to. If you create them at 65, they will be 65 but use "#bot update" to be sure their stats are upgraded.

Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Closed Thread