Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:22 AM
3z3ki3l
Fire Beetle

Bane of Life has already fixed most (if not all) of the things VZTZ has failed to and has a stable financial (and emotional) backing. Greener pastures imo.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:58 AM
sasaluge
Sarnak

pvp in emu is impossible, GM favoritism runs rampant on every single emu server with pvp, the hackers donate to server and then server ops let the hakcers do whatever they please... happened on guildwars, lucid vision, vztz and all the other pvp emu servers that have been going on. GM favoritism destroyed vztz, they could of stopped the hackers and exploiters if they wanted to
Old 08-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Elysius
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3z3ki3l View Post
Bane of Life has already fixed most (if not all) of the things VZTZ has failed to and has a stable financial (and emotional) backing. Greener pastures imo.
Bane of Life looks sweet and all, but it's not even released yet. wait a few months after release before making comparisons to vz/tz.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:13 PM
nmts
Fire Beetle

Bane of Life isn't classic so it fails.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:46 PM
HurtinuDaily
Hill Giant

I am sorry to see VTZ go I was a casual player there and I am going to miss playing there. In my opinion management there was great, they worked hard for us to have a free server. There was a few hackers who ruined it for everyone... good job. As for Bane of Nife being better then VTZ we will see, it is easy to hack pretty much anything, I am not sure how complex the client manager is but I am sure it would be pretty easy to duplicate the packets it sends back and forth to the server with another app basically completely negating the software. I hope this is not the case but hackers are a pretty resilient bunch. We will see.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:44 PM
KingMort
Banned

I have offered to Host it for the staff if they do not accept and this server is REALLY down , I would like to invite the former staff of VZ/TZ to consider working for me on Raid Addicts... As you may have known we have been optionally PVP for quite some time, The trend right now is PVE, but there is no reason (other than some spell adjustments in the PVP world) why the server could not be PVP.. It's always of course up to the player but the Priest of Discord is available, We also have several PVP zones and even an RVR type zone (race wars)

I would like to see the server return but in case it doesn't you guys could find a home on Raid Addicts... THE OLDEST of the Eqemu servers..

King
www.raidaddicts.org
Old 08-05-2009, 04:11 PM
HurtinuDaily
Hill Giant

It is not just the pvp aspect it is the fact that the database the staff at VTZ customized kicked ass. The staff really did a good job balancing pvp and making it as close to origional as possible.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:57 PM
KingMort
Banned

Yeah I'm sure they do have a nice thing going but for a server that has been around maybe 1 year ? How much could they possibly have... Raid Addicts has been around 7 years... It's like the difference between walking and running...

Again the community is more important than my opinion, I'm of course biased..

If they want to come back , I'll pay for their hosting.. So some one should let them know that..

I don't require any Access, I don't require any GM status, I don't require anything other than they pay me back..

King
Old 08-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Kilralpine
Sarnak

I think the only place you will find balance is on a classic server with classic items.... No one on emu has the staff or the capacities to test 1000s of items for balance on such a large scale as the real thing. Even on eqlive they did a half-a$$ed job of balancing the game PVP wise... Mort nothing against your server but using custom spells and the thousands of hand crafted items that are currently present on your server wont suit PVP. Maybe you should consider running a secondary server like PVPaddicts or something =P. Dont run the chance of ruinning your 7yr server into the ground... <3
Old 08-05-2009, 07:05 PM
3z3ki3l
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysius View Post
Bane of Life looks sweet and all, but it's not even released yet. wait a few months after release before making comparisons to vz/tz.
What I've seen in BoL alpha alone is millions of years ahead of what VZTZ was at it's peak of development.

It's not pure classic, but mostly classic. I had a pretty "classic or go home" mentality until getting into it with Yeorwned (BoL dev) a few times. Everything that's "custom" on BoL is necessary for one reason or another. I haven't been this excited about a game... let alone an emu... since the Vanguard flop.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Yeormom
Discordant

I'm using classic mobs and zones but I'm not trying to recreate classic EverQuest exactly as it was since a true classic server is too bland. Fine steel at level 40 anyone?

There will be plenty more of those servers coming and going as usual so for you die hard classic fans, hold out a little longer and I'm sure someone will launch a server to fit your needs soon. There is no server for everyone!
Old 08-05-2009, 08:06 PM
Elysius
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3z3ki3l View Post
What I've seen in BoL alpha alone is millions of years ahead of what VZTZ was at it's peak of development.
The server isn't live yet. There's a huge difference between alpha and live as far as how well anti-cheat programs work and how fairly the GMs manage things.

You can't compare BoL to VZ/TZ yet.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:42 PM
KingMort
Banned

Quote:
No one on emu has the staff or the capacities to test 1000s of items for balance on such a large scale as the real thing. Even on eqlive they did a half-a$$ed job of balancing the game PVP wise... Mort nothing against your server but using custom spells and the thousands of hand crafted items that are currently present on your server wont suit PVP. Maybe you should consider running a secondary server like PVPaddicts or something =P. Dont run the chance of ruinning your 7yr server into the ground... <3

No offense taken but my server has more than 5500 custom items and years and years of work making ALL 16 CLASSES totally balanced...

My idea to make the server PVP popular is to fix it so that these custom spells are scaled down in PVP situations only... That way it's balanced in PVP as well 100% ..

I have seen many players PVP and like I said we used to have tournaments.. I know it's balanced to a point but I need some skilled coders to help me scale things down in PVP situations only..

And it won't run it into the ground because my server has always been Optional PVP well not always but for a year or 2 now anyway... So nothing would change at all if you were a PVE player you would notice no difference... It's totally optional... Now maybe once some PVP players started in there and made it popular they would switch too ...
Old 08-05-2009, 09:06 PM
RichardoX
Hill Giant

Or you can join my project! Dominatus [RVR] - One of the first realm versus realm servers....

just saying..
Old 08-05-2009, 10:13 PM
KingMort
Banned

No Richardo your coming to help us out too or I will kill your dog

And if you don't have a dog

I will buy you a dog... And then kill your dog