Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 08:01 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

Default KMRA - Legends Status?

Just noticed today some servers got bumped up to Legends server, except for the one the I play on, KMRA. PEQ and Tz/Vz are both legends now and KMRA was always grouped with them before, not sure of the history but KMRA has been around for quite a while and offers something quite unique.

Not sure what the process is for deciding which servers get upgraded or not but just wanted to give alittle support to the server!

-Not Mortenson
Old 07-31-2009, 08:05 PM
KingMort
Banned

Har har Well thanks for the thought as far as I know it's being discussed... Granted we are the oldest for the servers but they may just base that on population ... Our population on a good night can reach POST 100 of course but their servers are always over 100...

In the end it's up to the folks who run this community..

King
www.raidaddicts.org
Old 07-31-2009, 08:13 PM
Adam007
Fire Beetle

Voted.. I would like to see KMRA there
Old 07-31-2009, 08:15 PM
trevius
Developer

Yeah, if KMRA was able to get Legends status, I would think that would be based solely on that they have been around longer than pretty much all servers on the list. There are at least a few servers that reach the same numbers as KMRA. I figured that Legends status is mostly for the 200+ population servers. Though, it would be nice to have some guidelines to determine status.

IMO, here is a basic criteria we could use for determining status:

Green Status:
1. 95%+ uptime
2. 50+ players on at peak hours
3. Server has been up and open to the public for 3-6+ months straight

Legends Status:
1. 95%+ uptime
2. 150+ players on at peak hours
3. Server has been up and open to the public for 1+ years straight

That is just rough estimates of what I would recommend as requirements.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:01 PM
Tricyclethief
Fire Beetle

I 2nd KMRA being a legendary server just for the fact its been around for 7yrs. that in itself is legendary when it comes to emulator stuff or even retail games lol. But seriously ive played quite a few servers over the yrs and always end up back there. Mort pumps out new content and tasks like its going out of style.

my 2 cents
Old 08-02-2009, 02:03 PM
caylah023
Sarnak

kmra should without a doubt be given legends status.

they have run upwards of 150 plus many times before. they are stable with good hardware and excellent hosting.
given the extreme custom nature of the server and its continued uptime there is no apparent good reason not to grant them legends status

jed fadely
Old 08-03-2009, 11:50 AM
brumven
Fire Beetle

Just thought I would post my 2cp here on the subject as well. KMRA is without a doubt one of the most unique servers we have in the community and as others have stated, even though it does not quite get the numbers that the other legend servers do, it is a legendary server in its own right

Please add KMRA to the legends section.

Thank You
Old 08-03-2009, 06:33 PM
RichardoX
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Yeah, if KMRA was able to get Legends status, I would think that would be based solely on that they have been around longer than pretty much all servers on the list. There are at least a few servers that reach the same numbers as KMRA. I figured that Legends status is mostly for the 200+ population servers. Though, it would be nice to have some guidelines to determine status.

IMO, here is a basic criteria we could use for determining status:

Green Status:
1. 95%+ uptime
2. 50+ players on at peak hours
3. Server has been up and open to the public for 3-6+ months straight

Legends Status:
1. 95%+ uptime
2. 150+ players on at peak hours
3. Server has been up and open to the public for 1+ years straight

That is just rough estimates of what I would recommend as requirements.
Sounds very fair and like good rules. I agree completely.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:43 PM
RichardoX
Hill Giant

Meant to add this in an edit:

An unfortunate part of not having a green/legend server is that merely having the status invites more players. It wasn't until VTZ got green status that it became large. When I helped work on it, it had roughly around 10-20 solid players (incl. boxers). Soon after VTZ got green status, the community size tripled. (In no way am I bashing them for this! I'm just stating that this is something to keep in mind.) You know what would be cool? If there was an automated system that controlled server status. It's duty would be to watch the up-time/player population and determine itself if these servers meet the standards of a legendary/green server. For a month, the server will have this status and if it falls or degrades in up-time/player population then it will be demoted until proven worthy once more at the end of said month. This would probably be a difficult system to create but it's not worth throwing out considering everyone would have a chance.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:09 AM
trevius
Developer

While on the subject of KMRA; Mort, if you get a chance, would you please remove the boxes (special characters) and space from the beginning your server name? They aren't allowed in the Green Server Names. I think you had mentioned something about planning to remove them a while back, but probably just forgot about it. I also think PEQ was wanting to remove the brackets from the beginning of their name as well. I think both of those were discussed in the same thread somewhere a while back.

Thanks

Last edited by trevius; 08-04-2009 at 04:17 PM..
Old 08-04-2009, 08:35 AM
KingMort
Banned

Of course..

I originally just put them there because it looked cool , then everyone else started doing it..
Old 08-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Traul
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMort View Post
Of course..

I originally just put them there because it looked cool , then everyone else started doing it..
Yeah, it definitely wasn't because it bumped your server to the top of the list right?
Old 08-04-2009, 12:41 PM
KingMort
Banned

No definitely not
Old 08-04-2009, 12:50 PM
KingMort
Banned

Excuse me however I was already at the top of the list when I put those boxes in... lol
Old 08-05-2009, 05:10 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

okay i gotta question what the hell is the difference between a green name white name or a gold name server? arent they all the same just be happy with what you do have and stop making a case about it, KMRA will become a legends when it does
Closed Thread