Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Agachak
Fire Beetle

Default nw pc build issues. mabey find help here?

Ok so ive been out of the loop for a long time when it comes to building pc's..but its not my first rodeo..anyway bought a Ga-f2a85x-up4 with an A6 off newegg. Right now all i get is an orange light on the mobo pwr switch. No cpu/case fans, hd spin up..nadda. Powersupply is a 550watt model BFGR550WGSPSU. I have one stick of 4g Ddr 3 installed in slot 1 and two hard drives connected. Keepin it as bare as possible. I know the pwr supply works. Wondering if it is the 12v connection. Noticed the connector shapes are slighty different. Rounded top as apposed to square on the smaller section of the supply split..what i mean is the atx supply on.my old board.was 6pin and this board is 8 so i needed to use the additional 2 pins connected to the same supply cord. Dunno if this makes any sense and sorry for typos..posting this with my phone..kinda pita also took a pic on.said phone..looking to figure out how to upload it from phone to net and post if it will help. Tried changing out the case power switch thinking mabey it was bad but no go there.. Any suggestions appreciated
Old 11-10-2012, 01:46 PM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

GA-F2A85X-UP4

user manual PDF
http://www.gigabyte.us/products/prod...43&dl=1#manual

Drivers:
http://www.gigabyte.us/products/prod...43&dl=1#driver
Old 11-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

I bought an extreme power plus 500w from tigerdirect.com model RS-500-PCAR-A3 you need a power supply with 20+4Pin Motherboard Connector x1, 4+4Pin CPU +12V Connector x1,6Pin PCI-e Connector x1, Sata Connector x 4, 4Pin Peripheral Connector x5, 4Pin Floppy Connector x 1. what you was talking about was 6Pin PCI-e Connector x1. i see you need a 8Pin PCI-e Connector x1, (so you need a powersupply with 8Pin PCI-e Connector x1 (if you goto staples, bustbuy etc or looking on the internet for your powersupply you need to have that infomation at hand you need it to have this 8Pin PCI-e Connector X1) I"m a Computer Tech,Cna-Cne Novell,Dell and Gateway Certified
Old 11-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

As you have the "keep alive" power on the motherboard, indicated by the orange LED, the power supply is working somewhat. Disconnect the 24 pin power connector from the motherboard. Then jumper the GREEN wire to a BLACK wire and see if the power turns on (fan will run). If it does this, it doesn't say the power supply is good (only replacing it with a known good power supply is the only real test for a power supply) but it does say the problem turning on is not in the power supply. If it does not turn on, the power supply is the likely problem.

If the power supply turns on the next most probable problem is the motherboard. reseat (unplug and plug back in) the front panel connector on the motherboard and then give it a try. If it still will not work, the motherboard is suspect. The power switch, itself, would be a very remote problem.