Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > EQEmu Operations Center

EQEmu Operations Center Web development tools

Old 05-21-2014, 08:59 AM
Bandor
Hill Giant

took down firewalls completely this morning and still won't work. I haven't forwarded my ports off my router (as I really didn't see a reason to open my server up just yet). So im thinking its either from that or my IP is wrong (which I doubt it is). lol I tried 3 editors yesterday and got 3 failures :P
Old 05-21-2014, 04:13 PM
Esildor
Hill Giant

I'm pretty sure if you haven't forwarded ports off your router yet than that is your issue. As I understand it. EoC is running elsewhere and needs to be able to get into your computer to make the DB changes you're doing on the EoC/Editor. i.e. need port forwarding open so EoC can communicate with your DB.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:36 PM
Bandor
Hill Giant

thats what I thought,time to call the cable company then lol
Old 05-21-2014, 08:08 PM
Bandor
Hill Giant

Forwarded my ports but still unable to connect,not sure what else to do at this point.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:46 PM
knowom
Discordant

Setup your EQemu DB and get that working. Setup a port to forward from your router and windows firewall may additionally need it manually setup as well. Use your EQemu DB name, DB user, and DB pass. Use your IP with a port you've setup for port forwarding in your router config.

Go here to find your IP use that with your port.
http://www.whatismyip.com/

For example if your IP was 72.77.32.219 and your port was 6666 it would look like "72.77.32.219:6666" w/o the parentheses.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:00 AM
Bandor
Hill Giant

Ok so I contacted my internet provider and they had no luck either. They said I need the name of the application and if its TCP or UDP and the exact ports. I gave them port 3306 but am unsure on the rest of it. I gave them 3306 because that is what I used for setting up my server as the guides had suggested. If anyone would be able to further assist me it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:55 AM
vsab
Discordant

You are trying to allow the EOC website to connect to your MySQL database using TCP/IP on port 3306.

Have you read the whole thread as most common problems have already been covered? To recap:-

Go to http://www.canyouseeme.org/

Put in 3306 and scan (obviously ensure Mysql is running). If it can't "see" you then either:-

1. You haven't started MySql (Google how to do it), or
2. You haven't opened that port in Windows Firewall (Google how to do it), or
3. Haven't set up port forwarding correctly (Google how to do it).

There's also the possibility that you set up MySQL on a port other than 3306, but you'd probably remember doing that!

If that website *CAN* see you then you may not have allowed remote login access in MySQL.

Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'username'@'69.168.254.244' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
change 'username' to the user you set up, and 'password' to the password you set up.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:18 AM
Bandor
Hill Giant

did what you said. Website saw me and said port was not blocked. So i put the code in a command prompt. tried to log in again and no luck. im not sure what im doing wrong lol
Old 05-22-2014, 11:35 AM
vsab
Discordant

in a mysql command prompt or just a normal one?(It needs to be in the mysql one or you could do it in HeidiSQL).

When you issued the command what did it say back to you?
Old 05-22-2014, 11:48 AM
Bandor
Hill Giant

I opened a command prompt and loaded to mysql using

Code:
mysql -uroot -ppassword
when I inserted code it said Ok,0 rows affected.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:54 PM
trevius
Developer

Try installing Navicat or something similar and create a connection to your database using your external IP address (which you can find using the instructions in previous posts).

You can download a trial of it here. I think they stopped providing a free/lite version a while back, but the trial should work fine for this testing:

http://www.navicat.com/products/navicat-for-mysql

If you can't get a connection to work using the external address of your server, then there is something wrong with your configuration somewhere. It should work fine if you use the local IP address of your server, if you are running it from the same PC.

Some potential problems/solutions are:

1. You are using the incorrect IP address for connecting. You need to use the external IP address of your network because that is what everything outside of your local network will see your server as.

2. You did not forward port 3306 on your router. If you do not forward this port, your router will not allow the connection from the outside of your network to reach your server. It also would not even know which IP on your LAN to send it to. It is very important that you set your router for forward port 3306 to the local IP of the server your database is running on.

3. Your db account does not have permissions to be accessed from remote connections. As mentioned above, you would need to set your account(s) that you are trying to use from the outside connections (such as from EOC) to be able to be used from that source IP or domain name (such as 69.168.254.244 provided in a previous post). To simplify things, you might try setting it to be able to work from all IPs (using *.*), though you would probably want to limit it to specific IPs after you get it working to prevent potential security issues.

4. If everything else has been done and it still does not work, then you are probably running MySQL on Windows and did not check the box to allow remote connections to your DB when you installed MySQL. That can probably be resolved by changing a setting somewhere, but the only way I have ever done it is by running the MySQL install again and checking that box during the install. It is off by default, so I think a lot of Windows users might run into this issue.

I believe that all of that stuff will be required to setup a connection using Navicat that points to your server as if it was an outside address (using your external IP address).

Once your connection works in Navicat, you should be able to use the exact same settings in EOC and it will work.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:31 PM
Bandor
Hill Giant

Ok,Navicat connected to my db no problem at all.canyouseeme.com says they see port 3306 and it is NOT being blocked. Trying to modify the mysql installer did not work. So im guessing I will have to delete mysql and reinstall it completely. Question is if I do that will I lose my db changes? Or will a simple db backup keep that from being an issue?
Old 05-24-2014, 06:58 PM
Bandor
Hill Giant

redoing mysql didn't seem to help any. Who knows lol
Old 07-29-2014, 05:15 AM
Coenxai
Hill Giant

PEQ Editor down in EOC?
Old 07-29-2014, 06:23 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote: