Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 12-26-2008, 03:05 AM
Tomahawkeer
Sarnak

Default Plugins Folder

What files should be in the Plugin's Folder? Im still having some issues in regards to getting hailing / quests to work on my server, and I have a feeling im missing something there.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:41 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

when you fetch the quests via CVS it has a folder called plugins, theses can be copied to the folder plugins in the root of the EQEmu folder which is the default plugin location that it will look in if it's not defined in the INI file, I suppose you can just leave them in the quest folder and define plugins in the INI file for EQEmu to be quests/plugins and it should work just fine
Old 12-26-2008, 03:48 AM
Tomahawkeer
Sarnak

Well, ive copied those files into the plugins folder, however im not sure I know what "ini" file your referring to. Im having issues getting hailing, and quests to work, and im just trying to double check everything that I could be missing on this. I keep thinking its a perl issue, or possibly a version difference, but that doesnt appear to be it. Maybe ive missed something with the INI your refering to.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:52 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

well, if you copied them to the plugins folder then you shouldn't need to edit the xml file in regards to the plugins folder, oh, and by INI file n my previous post I meant XML file ^.^ my bad.

I don't know too much about perl, or if what setting up you did could of been incorrect and would be causing issues, I know the guide I followed I had to do:
Install DBI
Install DBD-mysql
Install IO-stringy

in ppm, could be you're issue, I have no idea
Old 12-26-2008, 03:57 AM
Tomahawkeer
Sarnak

Well, DBI, and IO-Stringy are both for sure installed. The only version of DBI-Mysql that the 5.8.8.822 that is available (from the list) is DBI-MysqlPP, which ive also installed with dependencys. So im a little lost. What file names should be in the plugins folder? I currently have:

check_handin.pl
check_hasteitem.pl
guildmasters.pl
soulbinders.pl
.keep
and .svn and CVS folders

Im stumped.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:03 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawkeer View Post
Well, DBI, and IO-Stringy are both for sure installed. The only version of DBI-Mysql that the 5.8.8.822 that is available (from the list) is DBI-MysqlPP, which ive also installed with dependencys. So im a little lost. What file names should be in the plugins folder? I currently have:

check_handin.pl
check_hasteitem.pl
guildmasters.pl
soulbinders.pl
.keep
and .svn and CVS folders

Im stumped.
those are the files, the guide I followed also said to use DBIx-MySQLSequence if DBI-Mysql isn't available
Old 12-26-2008, 04:18 AM
Tomahawkeer
Sarnak

Hmm, well, that isnt showing as being available either, and im using the recommended version of perl. What version are you using?
Old 12-26-2008, 05:08 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

I followed http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...ka=ws992mysql5 that guide since I only have a Windows PC available to me currently, so I have ActivePerl v5.8.8.820

http://downloads.activestate.com/Act...x86-148120.msi

that's the direct link to the version I have installed incase you're using windows so you don't have to go looking for it
Old 12-26-2008, 05:16 AM
Tomahawkeer
Sarnak

The version of perl is slightly older then the version I have installed. Ill try a complete uninstall, delete etc and try that version and see if it helps. FYI, the link you provided is 5.8.7.813 and not 5.8.8.882, as I am using 5.8.8.882 like suggested in the guide. Ive even went as far as completely reinstalling once already, however I thi nk im going to have to go through my registry and take out any other references there as well (as well as all other copies of perl58.dll) which I didnt do the previous time.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:04 AM
Tomahawkeer
Sarnak

Well, ive completely removed and reinstalled using the older version, and in order to get that version to even let the server load, I had to add in a newer version of perl58.dll to make it work, and that still doesn't fix my issue with quests, so im back to square 1.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:51 AM
Andrew80k
Dragon

What are your log files saying?