Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:23 PM
calasoren
Fire Beetle

Default DBD-mysql if you cant install DBD-mysql look here!!

I believe this is an issue alot of people are running into on here and DBD-mysql is used to connect through DBI to your mysql. I haven't got home to make sure yet waiting till after work but i was having issues with hailing anyone and anything quest related. Even with the PEQ 4.0 install which does almost everything itself.

If you are using any version of activeperl in the 5.8.8 range there is no dbd-mysql module automatically installed and searching the module and installing it from the net can be confusing my suggestion is going back to the 5.8.7 version. angelox has a link on here http://eqemulator.net/forums/showthr...t=26828&page=2

that one will work its command line just make sure you do the install DBI, install DBD-Mysql and the IO-stringy. good luck i hope this helps
Old 12-29-2008, 10:18 AM
Tomahawkeer
Sarnak

Ive done this and still have the same issues with hailing / quests etc. Ive done everything recommended up to this point, and have had this issue for almost 2 weeks now, and still no luck ;-\ Im about to the point of formatting the machine, and starting completely over from scratch thinking it may be a registry issue (even though I deleted all references of perl in my registry prior to installing 5.8.7.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:19 PM
calasoren
Fire Beetle

K well try this it ended up working for me uninstall activeperl from control panel. Then go in and delete the remaining perl directory cause it wont be entirely deleted.

Check your system for any other remaining perl58.dll files alot of people including myself at some point or another copied that file into there system32 directory trying to fix one problem or another *gotta love learning*

Then i used Eusing Free Registry cleaner and just cleaned out my registry. This step may not have been completely needed but it cant hurt. At this point make sure you reboot. Then do a fresh install of your activeperl. If you are using 5.8.8 install your DBI and your IO-Stringy for 5.8.8 dont worry about the DBD-Mysql it wont be there anyway. If you are installing your 5.8.7 then do all 3 Last but not least reboot again and start up your server.

That should fix your hailing and quests. Let me know.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:40 AM
Tomahawkeer
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by calasoren View Post
K well try this it ended up working for me uninstall activeperl from control panel. Then go in and delete the remaining perl directory cause it wont be entirely deleted.
Quote:

Check your system for any other remaining perl58.dll files alot of people including myself at some point or another copied that file into there system32 directory trying to fix one problem or another *gotta love learning*

Then i used Eusing Free Registry cleaner and just cleaned out my registry. This step may not have been completely needed but it cant hurt. At this point make sure you reboot. Then do a fresh install of your activeperl. If you are using 5.8.8 install your DBI and your IO-Stringy for 5.8.8 dont worry about the DBD-Mysql it wont be there anyway. If you are installing your 5.8.7 then do all 3 Last but not least reboot again and start up your server.

That should fix your hailing and quests. Let me know.

Nope, ive already done all of that. I didnt use the same registry cleaner, but just manually deleted all instances of perl via regedit, and still the same thing. FYI, using the 5.8.7 version still requires to use perl58.dll, in a couple of places as well, but either way, completely wiping everything out, and reinstalling perl from scratch has yet to work for me, and ive done it 3 times with both 5.8.7 and 5.8.8 versions of active perl.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:50 PM
calasoren
Fire Beetle

make sure you follow what i said down to a tee including reboots i was having the very same issue uninstall, delete folder, make sure all perl58.dll's are removed from computer use a registry cleaner for good measure. Reboot, reinstall make sure both of the extra options are checked on the second part of install after installed before you install mysql reboot again. Now continue your installation ive installed multiple versions of the server now and installed quite a few times over time ive figured out lots of little errors and bugs that come up that i never understood before so would reinstall thinking i couldn't fix it lol.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:24 PM
Tomahawkeer
Sarnak

Quote:
make sure you follow what i said down to a tee including reboots i was having the very same issue uninstall, delete folder, make sure all perl58.dll's are removed from computer use a registry cleaner for good measure. Reboot, reinstall make sure both of the extra options are checked on the second part of install after installed before you install mysql reboot again. Now continue your installation ive installed multiple versions of the server now and installed quite a few times over time ive figured out lots of little errors and bugs that come up that i never understood before so would reinstall thinking i couldn't fix it lol.

Ive done it. Ive rebooted after every single step. Uninstalled via control pannel, rebooted. Deleted Folder, and remaining perl58.dll files, rebooted. Cleaned registry, rebooted. Reinstalled, rebooted. Installed required packeges, rebooted. Didnt work (if using 5.8.7) due to typical error needing Perl58.dll. Downloaded a working copy of the file, put it in the EQEMU Folder, root, and sytem32 folder. Rebooted. Retried EQEMU, that worked, but of course, hailing and quests did not. Back to square 1. Ive actually done it twice for 5.8.8 and once for 5.8.7 versions of active perl, neither has worked.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Tomahawkeer
Sarnak

Bump

Going to go through the entire process one more time using that registry cleaner. Maybe ive missed something while manually deleting all of perl.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:23 PM
Tomahawkeer
Sarnak

Bump one more time.

Reinstalling this time (while using the registry cleaner) has fixed my issue. Thank god it only took me close to 2 weeks to get it working. Now on to other tasks for my server. Thanks for the tip of the cleaner!
Old 12-31-2008, 01:41 AM
calasoren
Fire Beetle

np im glad to hear it worked for you i know what you mean ive still got a bunch of issues on mine they just seem more complicated to fix lol