Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-09-2014, 01:12 AM
sqrtpicom
Fire Beetle

Default [PvP] Arena Style PvP

Hello all,

This server is still in the works but I'm moving along nicely.

****What it's about****

I've always loved EQ PvP. That being said, it isn't 2004 anymore as we all know, and the time to play and gain levels and experience in order to stay up to par with others is difficult for a lot of people.

My server eliminates this problem by starting you out in a common zone (Surefall glade) with no PvP tag. The zone contains a Level NPC, Healer NPC, Skills NPC, and starting gear for all classes including Beastlord and Berserker (Planar and epics)

Max level for now is level 50.

There is a PvP NPC that teleports you to a zone (Crushobone for now) and flags you for PvP. This levels the playing ground for everyone and let's you play the class of your choice with gear on par with everyone elses.

Upcoming ideas:

-Will be designing a few zones that drop alternative gear so that there is a progression aspect to the game, including quests, boss mobs etc. A few zones will be uncontested non-pvp and some zones will be PvP enabled. The PvP zones will drop better gear.

-Mobs will range from solo to group and the items dropped will help enhance the character without providing a huge advantage over other players, yet definitely more assistance. Will be "raid" mobs that will probably take upwards to 2-3 groups.

-Restricting to 1 box per IP (Up for debate!)

-Will increase level cap, yet the leveling will be very slow (p99 level).

-PvP Merchant that will sell better weapons/items.

Please let me know what you all think, brutal honesty accepted. This is a very new project and as of now all that's up on the server is the ability to gear up through merchants and zone to CB to pvp.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:26 PM
satora54
Sarnak

You've made me reinstall Everquest, well played.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:47 PM
sqrtpicom
Fire Beetle

Thank you for the post Satora, makes me want to keep designing the server. The resists and damage need major work, more and more additions will be made everyday. Need to get on top of anti-mq2 programming, and a few other things. Still a long way off from being perfect, but the server has had a great start with some good people providing feedback.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:20 PM
satora54
Sarnak

Default If you dont mind!

A few tips if you don't mind, remove Flash of Light, and go through a few of the pally spells that give them an advantage at the level range, what you choose to remove is up to you of course.

Remove or nerf Fear (obv)

You're going to have to up the damage of the Beastlord they always have
slightly mediocre to other classes here on emu.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:27 PM
sqrtpicom
Fire Beetle

Definitely doing an overhaul on the Paladin. Taking a look at most classes spells actually. Thank you for the advice on the Beastlord, will have to do some experimenting with that.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:10 AM
satora54
Sarnak

Can we expect a beta test in the near future?
Old 02-10-2014, 11:51 PM
sqrtpicom
Fire Beetle

yes, beta testing is going to be available next week. Sadly I work a lot during the week, so it's a slower process than I'd like it to be, but I will have the server consistantly up next week.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:57 PM
sqrtpicom
Fire Beetle

it's up randomly now and then but that's mostly due to updates I'm making to the server so it's not very consistent as of now.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:41 PM
satora54
Sarnak

I was just about to post that I had seen it up lol.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:24 PM
sqrtpicom
Fire Beetle

I leave it up when I'm at work everyday now. Need feedback regarding Resists (I know they're fubar atm, that's my next priority) Melee Damage, and anything else you experience while playing. Every bit helps! Will have a website up as soon as possible also.

Thanks all who read and help.