Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 06:57 PM
Arex
Hill Giant

Quote:
Arex, ok let me know if that works.
it is working doing the changes that u said in makefile.common

I want give u any fails that i have seen...

* When u invite to group to bot, u can see on u bar group the name of bot like "name_bot000", i think that it should be easy remove that three zeros.

* When give to bots equip that they cant use (for example i gave complete velious rogue set to a CLERIC, and the cleric was equiping it...).

* How can i delete a bot? I did it with SQL scripting, but i didnt see any command for it. command remove group to bot, do zone crash.

* what skills have bots?? improve they his skills like a normal player? I think that there is a problem with stats or skills of bots, they are very weaks...

* When you use #update command, u must respawn bot.

* When u spawn a bot, u cant see his equip, but when u invite him to group, the equip is visible.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:50 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Thanks for the reports,

1) Yes, you see the name of the bot with the number behind their name. I had to do that because a mob is an unique entity with an unique name in the zone. I've tried to add their "clean name" (without the number) in the group bar but it didn't work. That's why I had to keep their full entity name.

2) Hm, a cleric shouldn't be able to wear a rogue set. I've checked into the code and I can confirm it. But what you see is "Thank you for this item, Leader." but in fact, the bot dosn't really equips the item. Did you try to "#bot inventory list (target)" on the bot to see if the rogue set was in its inventory ? Did you see any graphic change ?

3) Actually there is no commands to delete bots. I will add it. What you can do is to delete the field in the npc_types table. You would have to delete the entries in the botinventory table also. But, I will add a command that deletes a bot and its inventory.
Concerning the "#bot group remove (target)" commands crashing the zone, I've seen that you guys have this issue. For some reasons I don't, I will check that asap.

4) Actually bots are exactly like mobs. They hit the same ways the mobs do. For that reason, the way they fight isn't good at all. I have to make them as close as the clients but that's a lot of work to do, really.
As you noticed, some of them are weaks even with crazy weapons. That's why I'm going to write a new Attack() function for the bots. I want to make their dps directly depending of their stuff. I want to make the bots being really weak if they don't have any stuff and tougher with stuffs. Again that's a lot of work.

5) Yes, once updated, a bot must be respawned. When you do a "#bot update (target)" it updates its stats in the database. To make them taking effects, you have to respawn the bot so it has the new stats. I didn't see any other way to do otherwise.

6) Yes, a bot doesn't have any equip and doesn't have any form of AI if it's not grouped. Once you invite it, it loads its AI and equips its own stuff. That's not a bug, just a limitation for the moment.

Thanks again for thoses reports. It looks like I have a lot of work left to do before I begin to work on the raid.

G'day,
Mag
-- EQoffline/bots

Last edited by Magoth78; 05-17-2007 at 06:52 AM..
Old 05-16-2007, 11:45 PM
Arex
Hill Giant

Quote:
2) Hm, a cleric shouldn't be able to wear a rogue set. I've checked into the code and I can confirm it. But what you see is "Thank you for this item, Leader." but in fact, the bot dosn't really equips the item. Did you try to "#bot inventory list (target)" on the bot to see if the rogue set was in its inventory ? Did you see any graphic change ?
i saw graphic change, but like u say, i have checked bot inventory table, and he havent any item...
Old 05-18-2007, 12:33 PM
Zard
Sarnak

Finially got time to set up the PEQ database and its working like a charm, excellent job Mag!
Old 05-18-2007, 02:47 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Sadly, I still cannot seem to get into this system. It compiles now, but I think either my database is messed up, or because I am using a Titanium client. I get the old "zone unavailable", which I thought was normally just database.

Sleepy day. I will try again tomorrow.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:14 PM
Arex
Hill Giant

more bugs:

* If u spawn a bot already spawned, zone crash

* any times i get zone crashes, and the next log in zone: castspelltoclient(NULL)

* any times u invite to bots and they dont move and dont follow u, then zone crash

* when u give a shield to a mob, they looks dont to be using it correctly, and graphic shield is not showing.

* many times bots dont attack or dont to do dmg, for example rogue...
Old 05-20-2007, 08:32 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Hello,

* If u spawn a bot already spawned, zone crash

Can you give more info on that, please.
You used "#bot spawn <id>" 2 times in a row with the same bot ID and the zone crashed ?

* any times i get zone crashes, and the next log in zone: castspelltoclient(NULL)

Ok.

* any times u invite to bots and they dont move and dont follow u, then zone crash

You're on Linux right ? are you sure that you're using the world, zone binaries and libsharemem.so that you've compiled and not your old ones ?

* when u give a shield to a mob, they looks dont to be using it correctly, and graphic shield is not showing.

That's a known issue.

Thanks for the report,
This week, as I have a bit of time to spend on the project, I'll fix the reported issues.

G'day,
Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 05-21-2007, 07:53 PM
Arex
Hill Giant

Quote:
You used "#bot spawn <id>" 2 times in a row with the same bot ID and the zone crashed ?
yes, i used bot spawn 2700006 2 times and zone crashed...

Quote:
You're on Linux right ? are you sure that you're using the world, zone binaries and libsharemem.so that you've compiled and not your old ones ?
yes, i was using all ok...

Also i have to say that i was playing with my cousin, each one with a group of 5 bots.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:29 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Ah ok, it doesn't crash when you're alone (with your bots) on your server right ?

I forgot to mention that, for the moment (the beta binaries), Eqoffline is offline and solo. The faculty to have multiple clients with bots on the same server is a future option.

Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 05-23-2007, 06:45 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Critical update about zone crashes.

You shouldn't crash anymore when you :
-- use the "#bot group remove (target)" command
-- log off while grouped with bots.
The binaries have been posted on the website.

This week-end, I will write a special attack function for the bots so their damage is calculated on the weapon damage/delay they use, their stats, etc...
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 05-24-2007, 07:00 PM
smartmonkey777
Fire Beetle

Default wow this looks cool !

wow This is a great concept ! i cant wait to try this out ..

will be awsome with multiple client compatability/raid compatability ..

you are planning on this at some point in the future?
Old 05-24-2007, 10:54 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Yes, it's planned.

I will work on raid compatability once :
- melee bots damage output is correct
- the bots assist intelligently
- the bots are able to CC

Multiple clients is something that should work right now. What I just have to do is to check the functions where I send the info to their respective bot leaders. I will check that.

G'day,
Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 05-25-2007, 06:57 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

I'd like to see a working Linux compile (though I think that actually might be ok now), and support for Titanium if at all possible. Maybe that's why I cannot log in - Titanium-boy.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:41 AM
Zard
Sarnak

It works for me using winxp/titanium.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Hello there,

I actually have a problem with formulas for the melee bot output dmg. The goal is to make their dmg calculated on criterias and to be as close as the clients.

My maths are pretty bad and I need your help.

For the dmg calculation, I would like to take into consideration:
- the lvl of the bot
- the class
- the atk/delay ratio of a weapon (1h, dual wield and 2h)
- the str/dex/agi depending of the class
- any other criteria ?

For an example and for a warrior with 100str, I've tried:

For a 1hand weap in the primary melee slot:
Code:
( (atk/delay)*(str/3) ) + lvl
For a 1hand weapon in the secondary melee slot:
Code:
( (atk/delay)*(str/3) ) + (lvl*0.33)
At lvl10, with a 10/30 weapon, the warrior would deal as its max melee output:
primary: 14dmg

At lvl20,
primary: 18dmg

at lvl50,
primary: 27dmg

wich isn't accurate at all..

This is just an example to show how bad are my maths and what the issue is : to find a correct formula for the melee bot.

The second issue is the way the bots do assist. I need to have advises/ideas on this.
Actually, each bot attacks the mob(s) that attack this bot. Also, each bot attacks the mob(s) that attacks you(the leader).
It needs to be improved and for that I have an idea but I need your advises.
I can make it so each bot (but the CC bots) assist the main melee of the group. I mean, if there is a warrior, they only assist him, else if there is a SK they assist him, else if there is a paladin, etc... This way, it will be easier to code the CC bot so they can do some CC on adds.

But now, what happens if you're not grouped with any melee ? I could make it so they assist you by default... or a pet...

Any ideas on this ?

G'day,
mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Closed Thread