Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:19 AM
Vippy
Fire Beetle

Default Just joined and can't log in to EQ

Hi, I joined earlier tonight and can't log in to the game. I looked at the Q & A for answers but it didn't help. I says my user name and/or password is wrong. Everything the q & a talked about, is fine. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 03-25-2009, 12:26 AM
trevius
Developer

Did you go into your User CP and go to the Login Server accounts section and create an account there? Your forums account won't work to log into the Login Server.

Also, keep in mind that the Login Server has been having issues lately where it breaks and reports all usernames and passwords as incorrect. It is possible that issue could be happening again now, but I have no way to check that from here. If that is the issue, then the only option is to wait until it is restarted and back up again. A solution for this issue is already in the process of being worked on and should come about soon, but it may take up to a couple weeks to finalize everything. Until then, please hang in there, it will be working great soon enough
Old 03-25-2009, 02:48 AM
Vippy
Fire Beetle

Thank you, I was able to log in and play. Thanks again for your help
Old 03-25-2009, 01:10 PM
Fizgigg
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Did you go into your User CP and go to the Login Server accounts section and create an account there? Your forums account won't work to log into the Login Server.

Also, keep in mind that the Login Server has been having issues lately where it breaks and reports all usernames and passwords as incorrect. It is possible that issue could be happening again now, but I have no way to check that from here. If that is the issue, then the only option is to wait until it is restarted and back up again. A solution for this issue is already in the process of being worked on and should come about soon, but it may take up to a couple weeks to finalize everything. Until then, please hang in there, it will be working great soon enough
I am pretty sure the login server is having issues as of 12:00 cst. Giving me incorrect password error as well.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:12 PM
MarglarTZ
Sarnak

I am receiving the same error. it would be dandy if this was fixed so I could utilize my day off of work to do something unproductive.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:36 PM
Dathir
Fire Beetle

LS isn't working again, can someone reboot it? I tried changing my password on all 3 accounts and all give me incorrect password when I try to log in.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:45 PM
slick
Fire Beetle

Incorrect PW FTL! :(
Old 03-25-2009, 01:46 PM
MarglarTZ
Sarnak

anyone check IRC to see if anyone there can reboot it?
Old 03-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Tallariss
Fire Beetle

I am also having the same problem. I even changed my passwords for all 3 accounts but still no luck. When trying to login it said that SOE changed their LS. And their passwords as well. So i dont know if we need a new host, or if it means anything at all. Any information would be helpful.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Riliphaen
Fire Beetle

Hello,

I could log and play np today, till i loged on forum and changed my accounts / LS accounts passwords.
Now i cannot anymore log. Even on the LS accounts i did not change password.