Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-21-2017, 03:38 AM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Default ISO database with old splitpaw or old lavastorm mobs

Does anyone know of open source databases that have old splitpaw mobs or old lavastorm mobs in them? Or does anyone have a personal database save with any of these mobs in them that they would be willing to share? I plan to open the database with heidisql and extract the applicable rows into excel then reload my database and paste the excel rows into my database.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:18 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Was that advice I gave you (on the other thread) about how to put gnolls back in the paw too much work ? By the time you posted
this, I had most of it done already on my server, so it goes quick. But I will understand if you're schedule is too busy to develop a
server. It's a lot of ongoing tedious work.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:20 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUMPY View Post
Was that advice I gave you (on the other thread) about how to put gnolls back in the paw too much work ? By the time you posted
this, I had most of it done already on my server, so it goes quick. But I will understand if you're schedule is too busy to develop a
server. It's a lot of ongoing tedious work.
Negative, it's really not that bad (I do have a database that pre-dates the elemental change and full CT.)

It's the "I'm entitled" trophy.

Old 03-21-2017, 12:30 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ View Post
Negative, it's really not that bad (I do have a database that pre-dates the elemental change and full CT.)

It's the "I'm entitled" trophy.
Does it have everything developed and done in it that Nostagia needs for his server ? I am sure he would appreciate it
I got my own project, plus continuing on Secrets work, so I'm swamped already.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:54 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

It has everything he needs, but as I believe, if you hand somebody something without them at least making a conscious effort, you effectively cripple them.

Old 03-21-2017, 01:31 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Quote:
It has everything he needs, but as I believe, if you hand somebody something without them at least making a conscious effort, you effectively cripple them.
My mom stopped letting me crash at her place when I was 21. I get that now
Old 03-21-2017, 02:45 PM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Lots I could say but I wont; anyway these two things are pretty much the last things I need to complete my server. I do have a job and splitpaw may not be a huge deal but lavastorm is; especially when I have to work around using 1999 map files that don't have every npc model we are used to.

I figured I would ask, we are in an open source community after all which some seem to conveniently forget. We all just have to endlessly reinvent the wheel it seems.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:18 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Since everyone wants a classic server, yet noone wants to do the work.

Here you go.

Do not ask me any questions on how to make it compatible with newer databases, nor ask me for binaries.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u2auv3j16r...unark.sql?dl=0

if anything is wrong, oh well. Should have classic paw, nektulos, lavastorm, and cazic thule.

Old 03-21-2017, 03:45 PM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Quote:
Since everyone wants a classic server, yet noone wants to do the work.

Here you go.

Do not ask me any questions on how to make it compatible with newer databases, nor ask me for binaries.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u2auv3j16r...unark.sql?dl=0

if anything is wrong, oh well. Should have classic paw, nektulos, lavastorm, and cazic thule.
Wow thank you! I didn't expect that. I won't forget it. I definitly know enough to get it to work I'll just copy the parts into excel, add the necessary columns then go in heidi and import it. It will be all nice and pretty in a database compatible with akkas pack when I'm done and I'll post my database for download.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:08 PM
Uleat
Developer

In the long term, it will behoove you to acquire at least some basic sql skills.

This import aside, a lot of work can be done with a minimal query.

For instance, you could use the information from the second script here: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...21&postcount=2
to build a query for importing from a database with different table/column schema.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 03-21-2017, 06:00 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Quote:
I poked into that just to get an idea of how old it is. I noticed the 'character_' table, haha
I have binaries that I used for a DB of that "Emu dev era", which used a seperate DB for LS.
I think the infamous "mini login" was common back then as well.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:20 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Haha, got this up and running, created a halfling and starting zone was guild lobby.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:19 PM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Thanks Uleat, I'll take a look at that and I do plan on learning a lot more in all aspects of game design and I will definitely look into queries but for now heidisql has been powerful enough to do anything I have yet wanted.

Grumpy is what you're saying is that the only way this database will work "off the shelf" is to use old binaries? My database is akka pack so I plan on getting it into my database. Is there any other benefit to using old binaries?
Old 03-21-2017, 08:31 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

This older DB will not work with current binaries. There has been so many changes since then. For example,
simply copying lines/columns from the old db in npctypes table, there is about 83 values, where the modern
db has over 100. Could be a chore just simply doing it that way.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:07 AM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Before I went to work I started loading the DB and the akka intelligent installer said it would begin a conversion process! So I'll see what happens lol.