Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 11-09-2020, 04:52 PM
Player Juan
Fire Beetle

Question Infinitely teleporting party

Hi everyone,

I'm amazed by these tools and this community! I started my own private ProjectEQ server a few days ago, and I ran into a weird problem today. I portaled my group to blightfire moors, and now most of my party is in an infinite zone loading loop. They show up in the zone for a second, and it says "Entering the Arena" across the screen. Then they immediately zone back into blightfire moors. Repeat infinitely. I tried moving them with the GM #summon command, but I don't think it's working because they're stuck loading the zone, rather than being in a zone. I was using MQ2 when this started, but I tried logging in with it disabled, and the same thing kept happening. Does anyone know what might cause this? Is there a fix? If not, is there a way to relocate my characters by modifying server files?

Thanks!
Old 11-09-2020, 05:47 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

This normally means that your characters do not have the required status to reach that zone, or there are not enough zoneservers booted for your character to load into.

Check the 'zone' table and make sure your character can access the zone in question.

Failing that, the #movechar command can get an offline character moved.
Old 11-09-2020, 06:10 PM
Player Juan
Fire Beetle

I'm not sure how to check tables, but this would explain why only my GM-enabled character was able to load the zone. I used #movechar and saved them. Thanks!
Old 11-09-2020, 08:13 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player Juan View Post
I'm not sure how to check tables, but this would explain why only my GM-enabled character was able to load the zone. I used #movechar and saved them. Thanks!
If you're using the EQEmu installer, use the included HeidiSQL and look at the 'zone' table and its minstatus, minlevel, etc, fields and adjust them accordingly.

Your username and password from the local install (eqemu_config.json) should be enough to figure it out.
Old 11-09-2020, 09:08 PM
Player Juan
Fire Beetle

Ok, I followed your directions and checked the minlevel and minstatus. The minlevel is 0, but the minstatus is 80. That's why my GM character was able to enter it. Apparently ProjectEQ sets unfinished zones to minstatus 80. Now I fully understand what happened and why. Thanks again! These suggestions would never have occurred to me.
Old 11-11-2020, 06:29 PM
Taleason
Fire Beetle

Since it's your own private server you could also run the following query.

Code:
UPDATE zone SET min_status=0, min_level=0, flag_needed='';
Old 11-12-2020, 03:11 PM
Player Juan
Fire Beetle

After learning some of the ins and outs of editing database files, I'll probably just manually edit zones through HeidiSQL if I want to allow people into those zones. You all have been very responsive and helpful.