Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-07-2005, 12:55 PM
tancor
Fire Beetle

Default guard oddities...

Hi all,

I know it's been quite a while since I played "real" eq (haven't played since about '04), but I seem to remember the guards helping out. I created a non-privilaged woodelf character, went and grabbed a mob, I let it damage me, I brought it to the guards.

The guards just sat there doing nothing. I tried yelling, didn't help. Do I need to change something in the operation of the guards to get them to do their job?

-T
Old 06-07-2005, 01:13 PM
SiliconeClone
Sarnak

There is an issue with factions on guards that prevent them from helping out. There is a way to fix this manually in the database but I am to lazy to go search it... with that said... search will find it indeed though as that is how I originally found out about it myself.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:32 PM
tancor
Fire Beetle

Well, I came across one thing, but the way the guy was describing the database and what to modify, it doesn't look like what I see. My DB is populated, both factions and npc_types, but I'm having a hard time finding all of the guards to set their npc_aggro, and the faction list, well, I don't see the comparison. My faction list has a ton of columns, including mod_r??? and mod_d??? and I don't know what these mods are or how to set them, so the one article I found I didn't see how to apply unfortunately :(

-T
Old 06-07-2005, 04:18 PM
tancor
Fire Beetle

Ok,

I came across another thread that reflects the same type of problem I am having, but they were lucky in one sense, they had no data in their faction tables, mine are fully popped.

Here's an example...

Guard_Brookrock, npc_faction_id=1939 (npc_types table)
id=1939, primaryfaction=92 (npc_faction table)

(there are two types of large sylvan bats in the db, so I adjusted both of them to play it safe)

a_large_sylvan_bat, npc_faction_id=19515 (npc_types table)
a_large_sylvan_bat, npc_faction_id=18824 (npc_types table)
id=19515, primaryfaction=394 (npc_faction table)
id=18824, primaryfaction=394 (npc_faction table)

npc_faction_entries rows for npc_faction_id=1939
npc_faction_id=1939, faction_id=18824, value=-30, npc_value=-1
npc_faction_id=1939, faction_id=19515, value=-30, npc_value=-1

I've also tried setting the faction_id to 394, but to no avail, I can't get guard brookrock to do his duty.

To check, I go out of the game, set the values in the DB, go back into the game - to be sure the zone is reset, I #depopzone and then #repop (I assume that reloads the info from the database?) but I can't get it to work.

any tips would be appreciated...

Also if anyone could clarify the many columns in faction_list, I would be most appreciative.

-T
Old 06-07-2005, 10:08 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Nothing is update in database when you change something in DB and you pop/repop :( The entire DB is load in ram i think (if anyone can say more ?)
You need to restart all the server for see the new parameters...

I have this problems with table door, and it is a awfull problems...
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:50 PM
tancor
Fire Beetle

hmm, that's going to be a bummer, especially since my play/control system is in a different part of the house from my server. I wish there was a way to force it to refresh the database values without a manual stop / start of the server. Guess I'll just have to install vnc or some other remote control software.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:23 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

If you're running 0.6.1 DR1 guards won't work even if your database is setup correctly. They do work fine with a properly setup 0.6.0 DR2/3 db however.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:19 PM
fanman55
Sarnak

Default Upgrade to DR3 Database?

What does the DR in DR1, DR2, or DR3 actually mean? Would it be possible for me to upgrade my DR1 Database to a DR3 database? if so how might I go about it. Could someone please point me in the right direction? BTW Sorry if this is a noobish question...

Thanks for any help in advance

Edit: Sorry about this post, I should have looked around a little more please ignore this post. :(

Last edited by fanman55; 06-11-2005 at 12:05 PM..