Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-01-2021, 07:11 PM
RaptorSB
Fire Beetle

Default And yet another...

I've been bouncing this idea in my head for a few months now, maybe longer. I have no coding skills what so ever, so this would all be theory and discussion on my part.

Take Kunark, or Luclin, and make that the only playable zones (I prefer the idea using Luclin, so it'll be what I use for examples). You can either go one single playable race (Iksar or Vah Shir), or have all races available (hence why I think Luclin would be easier if you go that route).

There is plenty of space in Shar Vahl and Shadowhaven to put GMs and spell vendors for all the classes (if you go Vah Shir only, I'd say set the starting stats to that of a Human for all classes that Vah Shir normally can't be). Newbie quests for armor could be done or not, Merc available somewhere in the city (or not, I know a lot of people don't favor them, but I love 'em), Defiant gear drops or not as desired.

Epics would have to be worked in somehow, if you decided to use them. Craft items that aren't available in Shar Vahl or Shadowhaven would need to be added or a vender made (perhaps in the Nexus or Bazaar). I'd really rather go with the old school bazaar, but that might be more work than is necassary.

Speaking of the Nexus, I'd want to try and set the LDoN 'camps' in there, and the Bazaar if there isn't enough room. You get teleported to the dungeon (or have a clickable), and when you exit you get sent back to the Nexus.

I'm sure there is a ton more that would have to be done to make it playable. I just thought I'd see if anyone else would be interested in a server like this.

Thanks for reading!