Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 11-22-2008, 05:36 PM
jdam7459
Sarnak

Default Old Character Models

Is there a way to force all people who play on my server to use old models like on classic EQ?

Thanks
Old 11-22-2008, 07:14 PM
jdam7459
Sarnak

Also if anyone knows where i can find the old arena, bazaar, and lavastorm map files and zone line boundaries, the information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! ...again lol
Old 11-23-2008, 02:57 AM
Lord_Vindus
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdam7459 View Post
Is there a way to force all people who play on my server to use old models like on classic EQ?
Running this will force the Old Character Models:

Code:
update variables set value="0" where varname="Expansions";
But as you see you are setting your Expansions to "0" so you will not be able to use anything after the original game.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:15 PM
jdam7459
Sarnak

Thanks man that helps. Now does anyone know where to find the old arena, bazaar, and lavastorm map files and zone line boundaries.
Old 10-09-2015, 01:12 AM
MarcusD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Vindus View Post
Running this will force the Old Character Models:

Code:
update variables set value="0" where varname="Expansions";
But as you see you are setting your Expansions to "0" so you will not be able to use anything after the original game.
Where do you type in this code? MySQL? also can you set it to 2 or 3 to get old character models but still keep kunark and velious?
Old 10-11-2015, 09:55 PM
MarcusD
Banned

can anyone help?
Old 10-11-2015, 10:29 PM
Cilraaz
Sarnak

Character models are mainly client side, which is why you'll find people using them on servers like P99. I'm not certain if there's actually a way to force clients to use old models, since they can rather easily modify their GlobalLoad.txt.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:43 PM
MarcusD
Banned

huh k. Its just weird because I don't think I changed my client models but on p99 an another classic test server I had classic models but not on any other server. Any link for how to mod the client to get classic models?
Old 10-12-2015, 10:21 AM
Shendare
Dragon

p99 uses a modded version of the Titanium client's DirectX graphics dll in order to enforce various modern flair and conveniences to preserve a more classic experience on their server. Modifying client dlls is beyond the scope of general EQEmu development. Heh.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:53 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shendare View Post
p99 uses a modded version of the Titanium client's DirectX graphics dll in order to enforce various modern flair and conveniences to preserve a more classic experience on their server. Modifying client dlls is beyond the scope of general EQEmu development. Heh.
Pretty sure the forcing of client models was done very recently on their end, within 4 or 5 weeks ago. There is a thread with a percentage of the population not quite liking the forcing of Luclin graphics.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:58 AM
Shendare
Dragon

Huh. I knew they used dll mods to block the LoY map system and such, and knew they wanted people to use the old models instead of Luclin. Didn't realize the latter was only officially enforced recently. Interesting! I can see why some wouldn't like it.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:09 AM
provocating
Demi-God

This is the thread. I can understand the players irritation on this one. What I see on my screen is no ones business. I can undestand p1999's stance on most everything but this one.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=204467
Old 10-12-2015, 11:12 AM
Shendare
Dragon

True. No gameplay advantage to the new models. Just an aesthetic. Of course, so is the use of the old world orc, goblin, spider, skeleton, etc. models instead of the DoD revamps. But then, NPC races are much easier to control. They probably knew they would make some people unhappy with the new PC model enforcement. Guess they decided it was worth it for the... uhh... PR benefit in streaming and screenshots...
Old 10-12-2015, 11:20 AM
provocating
Demi-God

There were actually some recordings of newer models being able to squeeze into different spots, but it was so trivial.

There again as it is said on p1999, Shit's Classic.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:10 PM
Cilraaz
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
Pretty sure the forcing of client models was done very recently on their end, within 4 or 5 weeks ago. There is a thread with a percentage of the population not quite liking the forcing of Luclin graphics.
Oh, my mistake on there not being a way to do so, in that case. I haven't played on P99 in a few months, so I didn't realize they'd done this.