Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:25 PM
jpyou127
Discordant

Default Vex Thal oddities

As 255 access I get kicked after attempting to move into the zone even with a full group. Players on server access level 0 with bot group can get in. I am baffled! Any ideas?

Celestial
Old 10-08-2015, 07:29 PM
Uleat
Developer

Can you get in with 254?

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-08-2015, 08:49 PM
jpyou127
Discordant

Ok i logged out and logged back in and got into the zone without any bots. I am not sure whats up with this zone.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:29 PM
Uleat
Developer

So, it was strictly bot-related?

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-08-2015, 09:52 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

VT is special. I haven't looked into it myself, but there is a zone line in front of where the doors take you on live and where #zone puts you, we put you beyond that when you click on the door.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:56 PM
jpyou127
Discordant

I was without bots, but another player was able to go in with bots. When I have zoned in before it wouldnt be populated. But, now it is. I am not sure why its now working....

The only difference is that I used my port that has a script i used from a post here. So maybe that is the difference. Before I was using #zone. So maybe its the zone line where u port in???

Celestial
Old 10-08-2015, 10:12 PM
Uleat
Developer

Well, the zone line issue should still put you in a populated zone..but, if you try to move past the 'zone line' and go into 'zone proper,' you would be zoned out.

The next time it occurs (hopefully never,) I would wait the 3 minutes to see if your client disconnects..non-population could be a server crash/disco.

(You can also watch your ping/packet loss rate..F10? It will steadily fall off if you have a server crash - until you get the disco message.)

And, if a crash is the issue, check your logs to see what is happening..you may still have a record of the one you experienced if you haven't cleared
your log folder yet.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-08-2015, 10:29 PM
jpyou127
Discordant

Thanks Ulead and Demonstar55 I did not notice if the zone crashed. But I did get kicked while another player was in zone and that time it did not crash. Could it be that if I use #zone it puts me into another version of that zone that crashes/disco? I am using on this server dynamic zones.

Celestial