Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 04-09-2007, 04:04 PM
froglok23
Hill Giant

Default EQEmu Source Code refracting

Hi All.

In my efforts to once again become an active member and developer of EQEmu, id like to suggest some innovative ideas which will help the development of EQEmu.

I have gone over the source code and noticed that it is in dire need of major refracting, code consolidation and general tidy up.

I see where copy/paste has been the friends of the developer (not a bad thing as time is short in such a project). However Id like to donate my time to refractor the project so that development may proceed smoother and quicker.

I think in the end, we want to achieve the maximum amount of code reuse as we can. After all, tested code is proven code, which results in less bugs and defects.

However, the best way to go about this is unclear to me, as refracting the source code will significantly modify the code, in which will most lily become very out of sync with the official development version. Any suggestions on this are needed!

Im unsure of how to proceed with this.

Regards,

froglok

Last edited by froglok23; 04-10-2007 at 12:22 AM..
Old 04-09-2007, 10:41 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Hello, If you are really concerned with the EqEmu code and helping out in the changes, you should consider joining the EqEmu irc (irc.eqemulator.net) - there is where the coders hang out (on the #eqemu and the #support channels).
They are not always around as they also work and have familys to tend to. But eventually, they turn up.
Off the top of my head, I suggest you try and contact FNW, WildcardX, or KLS.

Thanks for you interest!
Old 04-09-2007, 11:09 PM
froglok23
Hill Giant

Yeah I knwo abotu the server Thanks

My nick on thier is either froglok or more than likly Dark-Prince

Thanks again

froglok