Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::GeorgeS's Tools

Development::GeorgeS's Tools A forum just for GeorgeS's tools

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-07-2015, 02:53 PM
chrsschb's Avatar
chrsschb
Dragon
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 888
Question RIP GeorgeS Tools?

Anyone heard from GeorgeS in a while? Love all the work Akkadius has done with EOC but can't deny some of GeorgeS tools were extremely powerful and user friendly.


Was hoping they'd eventually team up and create some mega tool. Preferably a standalone version.
__________________
Clumsy's World: Resurgence
Clumsy's World [2006-2012]

Last edited by chrsschb; 05-07-2015 at 03:40 PM.. Reason: Meant to say standalone, not offline.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-07-2015, 03:18 PM
Shendare
Dragon
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: California
Posts: 816
Default

Forum profile says he was last online in December. Likely just busy with RL stuff right now. I wouldn't count him out or anything. His tools are indeed awesome!

As for the other, I'm quietly working on a locally hosted asp.net world-building database editor system to satisfy my own needs for highly customized server plans, and will be making the full source code freely available once it's in a decent beta testing state, so anyone can use it on their local system.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-07-2015, 03:26 PM
Akkadius's Avatar
Akkadius
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: MN
Posts: 2,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrsschb View Post
Anyone heard from GeorgeS in a while? Love all the work Akkadius has done with EOC but can't deny some of GeorgeS tools were extremely powerful and user friendly.


Was hoping they'd eventually team up and create some mega tool. Preferably an offline version.
I had plans to flesh out the rest of the NPC Editor suite on EoC but my time has been nil lately.

EoC is on Github: https://github.com/Akkadius/EQEmuEOC

I plan to get back to finishing it eventually, just can't say anything for immediacy.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-07-2015, 03:29 PM
Shendare
Dragon
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: California
Posts: 816
Default

+1

It's fantastic so far, Akkadius.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-07-2015, 03:38 PM
chrsschb's Avatar
chrsschb
Dragon
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 888
Default

As I was editing many merchants today in PEQeditor I quickly fell to tear at how much I miss the simplicity of the npc & loot editor for doing merchants.

Your EOC online version is much more preferable to me than setting up a VM for it. The standalone-ness of the tools is what made them so good.

As for the functionality I already mentioned the two big ones for me in your sub-forum (spawngroups and merchants).
__________________
Clumsy's World: Resurgence
Clumsy's World [2006-2012]
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-07-2015, 03:42 PM
Akkadius's Avatar
Akkadius
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: MN
Posts: 2,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrsschb View Post
As I was editing many merchants today in PEQeditor I quickly fell to tear at how much I miss the simplicity of the npc & loot editor for doing merchants.

Your EOC online version is much more preferable to me than setting up a VM for it. The standalone-ness of the tools is what made them so good.

As for the functionality I already mentioned the two big ones for me in your sub-forum (spawngroups and merchants).
It wouldn't take me long to do a merchant editor and it would be extremely fast and convenient.

The large benefit with EoC is that it is extremely responsive and intuitive (In my biased opinion) and you can have multiple database connections if you need to. It's just super nice.

I was hoping people would see the Github and see how easy it really is to expand upon tools and modules and help contribute over time.

But regardless, once again, I really am stocked up for time at the moment.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-07-2015, 03:45 PM
Shendare
Dragon
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: California
Posts: 816
Default

I have seriously considered talking with you about helping out with EOC, Akkadius. Unfortunately, the entirety of my study and experience with development is in the Microsoft world. It's been enough of a stretch for me doing quests in Perl and Lua instead of C# and Javascript, and learning the intricacies of MySQL vs MSSQL. I couldn't possibly pick up php as well. :(
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-07-2015, 04:19 PM
chrsschb's Avatar
chrsschb
Dragon
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
It wouldn't take me long to do a merchant editor and it would be extremely fast and convenient.

The large benefit with EoC is that it is extremely responsive and intuitive (In my biased opinion) and you can have multiple database connections if you need to. It's just super nice.

I was hoping people would see the Github and see how easy it really is to expand upon tools and modules and help contribute over time.

But regardless, once again, I really am stocked up for time at the moment.
I love EOC don't get me wrong. I'm just in the middle of doing a boatload of spawn/merchant editing haha.

Now that I think of it, tradeskill editor?
__________________
Clumsy's World: Resurgence
Clumsy's World [2006-2012]
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-07-2015, 05:42 PM
NatedogEZ's Avatar
NatedogEZ
Developer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 495
Default

Was it George's tools that had the Mass item add for a merchantlist?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-08-2015, 08:29 AM
chrsschb's Avatar
chrsschb
Dragon
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatedogEZ View Post
Was it George's tools that had the Mass item add for a merchantlist?
Yeah.


10char
__________________
Clumsy's World: Resurgence
Clumsy's World [2006-2012]
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-02-2015, 09:08 PM
castleman74
Fire Beetle
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 4
Default

Not sure where to post this so I'll put it here. Is there any way to import recipes from eqtraders with any of these tools or any others?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-02-2015, 09:52 PM
rhyotte
Hill Giant
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: So.Cal.
Posts: 223
Default

Shendare,

I too would like very much to see you and Akkakius working together on EoC... PHP is far from vile. The two of you together can get the big picture near to complete much faster than each solo!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-05-2015, 11:56 AM
Asylum
Sarnak
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 80
Default

Like myself, many of you enjoyed some of the wonderful features of GeorgeS' npc_loot_editor. I prefer to use it as I have already learned the ins and outs of it and can use if "offline" and not tied to a website like EOC. The only reason it no longer runs with the latest source (as of 7/5/15) is because the d_meele_texture1 and d_meele_texture2 column heading were corrected (spelling) to d_meele_texture1 and d_melee_texture2, respectively. In order to use the tools, just do the following:

Duplicate the two columns (actually rows) in the npc_types table d_melee_texture1 & d_melee_texture2 and name them d_meele_texture1 & d_meele_texture2.

The fields will remain empty and unused but their existance will allow the editor's exe to run. Your only restriction will be if you want to use those fields to have npc's show visible items/weapons in hand, edit them (the spelling corrected d_melee_texture#) using HeidiSQL or Navicat or whatever interface you have.

This works for the current link of programs on GeorgeS' site (as of 7/5/15).

Once again, thank you GeorgeS for making these tools.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-05-2015, 07:28 PM
Uleat's Avatar
Uleat
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,770
Default

Is there any way to create a 'handler' for these in the database?

Like, through an event, or other db action, that will redirect the query?
__________________
Uleat of Bertoxxulous

Compilin' Dirty
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-05-2015, 09:10 PM
Kingly_Krab's Avatar
Kingly_Krab
Developer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 1,532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asylum View Post
Like myself, many of you enjoyed some of the wonderful features of GeorgeS' npc_loot_editor. I prefer to use it as I have already learned the ins and outs of it and can use if "offline" and not tied to a website like EOC. The only reason it no longer runs with the latest source (as of 7/5/15) is because the d_meele_texture1 and d_meele_texture2 column heading were corrected (spelling) to d_meele_texture1 and d_melee_texture2, respectively. In order to use the tools, just do the following:

Duplicate the two columns (actually rows) in the npc_types table d_melee_texture1 & d_melee_texture2 and name them d_meele_texture1 & d_meele_texture2.

The fields will remain empty and unused but their existance will allow the editor's exe to run. Your only restriction will be if you want to use those fields to have npc's show visible items/weapons in hand, edit them (the spelling corrected d_melee_texture#) using HeidiSQL or Navicat or whatever interface you have.

This works for the current link of programs on GeorgeS' site (as of 7/5/15).

Once again, thank you GeorgeS for making these tools.
This will break all NPCs in the game, as you're telling him to change a column that is referenced in the source code on multiple occasions and not actually telling him to change the source behind it. I'm not sure why people don't use EOC, it's a great system written for the sole purpose of being dynamic and easily updated.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:47 PM.


 

Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
EQEmulator is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Except where otherwise noted, this site is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
       
Powered by vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Template by Bluepearl Design and vBulletin Templates - Ver3.3