Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:02 PM
dew1960
Sarnak

Default EQEmulator Webserver w/Forums?

Hello there! I am looking for a website and forum template that I can download and install with my Project EQ Emulator Server.

It would ideal if it also has the PEQ or other database editor, maybe phpmyadmin too. Any tools to support the server like a mover for stuck characters or to facilitate requests for guild creation or character transfers and such would be nice too. Altough I can probably find and install those separately.

Does such a project exist at this time? I thought I saw something like that a while back but I can not recall it now and my google searches were frutiless.

The closest I have seen is the portable server that has uniserver built in with the PEQ database editor.

I seem to remember a website template that looked a lot like projecteq's website but if it is still around, it eludes me.

There is also an AllaClone thingy I supose I could use that too.

If you can point this weary dwarf traveller to what he needs or perhaps to an Inn with a fine ale and tavern wenches, I would greatly appreciate it.

Good On Ya!
Old 08-10-2012, 09:58 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

There is no pre-made package consolidating all these components that I know of. I, as well as most other server admins, set up all of our features manually.

Granted a lot of the stuff these days is drag and drop, edit a ini file, hit go, type of installs, they can still take some troubleshooting to get working properly depending on how your host has everything setup. Plus getting them to communicate with each other isn't always so simple.

I have a phpbb forum, with a portal front page, char mover, magelo clone, allakhazam clone, and wiki for my site. Others have server status, players online, ventrilo status, etc on their sites.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:57 AM
dew1960
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrsschb View Post
There is no pre-made package consolidating all these components that I know of. I, as well as most other server admins, set up all of our features manually.

Granted a lot of the stuff these days is drag and drop, edit a ini file, hit go, type of installs, they can still take some troubleshooting to get working properly depending on how your host has everything setup. Plus getting them to communicate with each other isn't always so simple.

I have a phpbb forum, with a portal front page, char mover, magelo clone, allakhazam clone, and wiki for my site. Others have server status, players online, ventrilo status, etc on their sites.
I understand. I think that is what I need to do also. I installed Ampps just now and that gives me filezilla, a webserver, phpMyAdmin, php, perl 5.10, and mysql 5.5. All of which should be compatible with my server. I am going to recompile it now and hope it works again, LOL.

I had corrupted the database on my dev server but fortunately I did not lose much work as I had backed it up to my regular server recently! I could not do a restore from my full db dump to a SQL file because some of the tables don't match up with a fresh install. Now I know to back up certain tables separately like characters, accounts, npc's, and items. LOL!

I gotta remember to back up more often.

(Especially while I am learning all this stuff - mostly the hard way).

I would like to have the front page, char mover, magelo clone, AllaClone, and wiki for my site too. It will come with time. I looked over some sites and I really like the webpages made with Joomla so I think I will probably use that with my Ampps Apache Webserver to make my front end page.

I have seen most of that stuff available separately but I had been using a Uniserver install for my server and had trouble integrating them. Now I think it will be better with the webserver.

I am having a blast learning and/or re-learning all this stuff even though sometimes it gets frustrating when it doesn't come together right away.

Now I think I just need to find some ebooks like Teach yourself to write perl scripts, SQL Query Refresher course, and Joomla for dummies, etc.

Thank you for posting your reply. I always appreciate the support you folks give me here. You all are Good people

Good On Ya!
Old 08-11-2012, 01:37 PM
kaos00723
Sarnak

Wish someone would come out with a complete CMS for EQEmu like they have for WoW servers.

Sure you can add some php utils to your existing website to make it somewhat integrated with the EQ server but nothing like the WoW CMS's available.