Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-07-2013, 01:08 PM
kaos00723
Sarnak

Default Mythic Lair v2

Hello everyone.

Mythic Lair is back and better than ever! Better website, better server, better network, and non-stop fun awaits brave new adventurers.

Please visit us at mythiclair.com for more information. Don't forget to register and say hi if you like what you see!

The server is currently locked while I work out a few last details. I'll take some input on what needs to be changed or added in these final few days before I unlock the server so let me know what your opinions are on our features list below.

Description:

Welcome to Mythic Lair, a Solo and Group friendly server. We are a Live-like server with many custom changes to make your experience in Norrath as pleasant as possible. None of the mobs statistics or attributes have been changed but with the help of both a bot, a merc, and a special starting item, this will make things much easier but also still be a major challenge when it comes to tougher enemies. All it takes is to group with one other person to form a six character party and most higher scale content up to Planes of Power and later can then be accomplished. From our highly professional website to our very friendly family type of community, stop by and join in on the fun! Extremely fast dedicated server online 24/7 on the East coast.

Server Specifications:

Type : Dedicated (Website not located on game server)
O/S : Windows 7 64-bit Professional
Processor : 4th Gen Intel Core i7 4770K (3.5GHz) Quad core CPU
Memory : 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
Hard Drive : 120GB SATA 6Gb/s Solid State Drive (Primary)
Network : 100/15 Mbps Optimum Ultra with Gigabit Ethernet and cat6 network cables

Server Information:

Name : Mythic Lair
IP Address : 47.22.4.230
Host Name : eqemu.mythiclair.com
SoD+ Port : 5999
Titanium Port: 5998

Server Features:

Server Type: Legit, Custom, PVE, Solo, Group

- Level 80 max, higher levels down the road.
- Start with a very special item that you'll treasure at even the highest levels!
- Level your character(s) up to Lvl 80.
- All Experience Points (Solo, Group, Raid, AA) come slightly easier than Live.
- All NPC's equal to or greater than your level have a slight chance to spawn a treasure chest filled with goodies after it dies! There are 10 different quality levels of chests that can spawn from level 1-100 mobs.
- No XP loss on death at any level.
- Rest state regeneration set to 10% per tick. Enjoy less downtime!
- No items are lost when you die at any level. No more corpse recoveries!
- Hit Points, Mana, and Endurance are replenished to full at level up.
- There are no Bind restrictions. Bind anywhere, anytime!
- Most items have had the Lore and No-Drop flags removed from them. Get multiples and trade/sell anything!
- Most items that have a clicky effect or proc are now useable at any level!
- Only 1 account allowed per IP adress. You will need GM approval for more than that.
- Create up to 10 Bots. You may spawn 1 bot at a time.
- Hire a mercenary to fight along side you and your bot! Rule Norrath with your own personal brigade!
- All spells, disciplines, and even class skills are Auto-Assigned at each and every level up.
- Robust Translocator NPC located in Plane of Knowledge to many different zones.
- Buff bots located in Plane of Knowledge. Druid for now... Cleric, Shaman, and Enchanter to come.
- All NPC/mob loot tables are based directly on the latest ZAM database.
- Plane of Time Instance NPC for solo, groups, and raids. No more screwing around with non-working stones and shitty instance handling!
- Content up to the expansion GoD is currently available. Most of the other zones will be opened shortly.
- Underfoot client recommended.
- Much more to come!
Old 07-08-2013, 11:08 PM
Ozium
Sarnak

await unlocked to drop on by...
Old 07-09-2013, 07:56 PM
kaos00723
Sarnak

Server is unlocked.

Keep in mind that it will be under constant development with more quests, npc's, spell changes, items, and other tweaks added over time.

Enjoy!
Old 07-09-2013, 08:41 PM
djlegit83
Fire Beetle

Hey -- I thought id check out your server. Everytime I tried to create a character EQ crashes and then when I try to get back in I get instantly disconnected.

I am using underfoot, however I also tried on a titanium client I have as well.

Anyone else having this issue?
Old 07-09-2013, 08:48 PM
kaos00723
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlegit83 View Post
Hey -- I thought id check out your server. Everytime I tried to create a character EQ crashes and then when I try to get back in I get instantly disconnected.

I am using underfoot, however I also tried on a titanium client I have as well.

Anyone else having this issue?
Other people are connected and playing. I have also connected on an outside network and 4g wireless network on different pc's. This is with Underfoot clients.

I'm not sure what's causing that but if anyone else is experiencing it, let me know.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:48 PM
djlegit83
Fire Beetle

Check your forums, cuz I am not the only one. Just so you know.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:04 PM
kaos00723
Sarnak

I'm thinking one of the settings for IP's per client was the culprit.

There's a few people on now after changing it, we'll see if that was it or not.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:14 PM
djlegit83
Fire Beetle

That worked for me. Thank you!
Old 07-12-2013, 03:26 PM
kaos00723
Sarnak

We've added quite a bit more features over the last couple of days:

- All mob damage has been reduced by 25%.
- Characters now start in the hub zone no matter what option they choose when creating a character.
- New Hub zone command, use "#hub zone" to teleport there.
- Any race can be almost any class now.
- Bot races can be almost any class as well.
- Rare treasure chests can spawn on NPC's up to three levels below you and up now.
- Treasure chests now drop one completely random item on top of their already hefty loot tables. That next treasure chest just might have something amazing in it or it could just be some dirty gnome meat, never know!
- Diety and Class restrictions removed from all items to reflect the new race/class combinations.
- New merchants in the Bazaar sell trade items and potions.
- New starter quests and tasks added.
- Bug fixes.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:12 AM
kaos00723
Sarnak

Double Experience Points all weekend long!

Here's your chance to blow past those hell levels with ease.

Come check out our website and forums over at mythiclair.com for the latest updates and information on the server.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:50 PM
phorest
Sarnak

this server is lots of fun. A solid player base with the "random chest" spawn thing adding a tiny bit of random loot without getting crazy. a good one to check out.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:07 PM
kaos00723
Sarnak

Yearly bump:

Mythic Lair has been up for quite a long time now. We've been through our ups and downs over the years but not much has changed since a year ago. Actually, almost nothing has changed except for some minor bug fixes, source updates, and the new randomly generated loot system.

Same server. Same concepts. Same owner, minus some lame duck GM's.

I don't do updates anymore except for a source update every once in a while and I rarely log on. I simply don't find EQ or the emulator all that interesting or fun these days. It's an outdated game with a severely outdated emulator that is 20+ expansions behind live.

The point of this thread is, we have been around for a long time and we continue to stay up 24/7 with only 0-3 players online at most times. It's a far cry from the 50+ that used to always be online but I don't care, and neither do the current players. It was never about player numbers and never will be.

It remains up 24/7 because there are hundreds of accounts and thousands of characters that have had some great experiences here over the years and most people have nothing but the highest praise for the Mythic Lair server as our forums continue to show to this day.

Many servers have tried to copy our loot system (treasure chests, random items) since and have either failed or can't stay online for more than a couple hours at a time. People flock to these newer servers because they get bored with the content, no matter how much is added. And I don't blame them. I would do the same. But in the end, it's still Everquest and it gets old quickly no matter what you do to it.

So...., the reason why I'm posting this then? There really is none. I don't give a crap whether you play on the server or not. We have never been or never will be a pay-to-win. You can't even buy a rusty short sword for a million dollars here.

I just wanted to let any new comers or older players know that we are still one of the better servers out there and we are still up 24/7. Our server is located on a monster 4th Gen i7 dedicated rig and top 3% network for speed in the entire United States.

Progression server people should stay clear though because we don't believe in that sort of bullshit here. I never understood the point of artificially trying to extend the life of a server by this method. Pay-to-win servers probably find it handy, lol.

On Mythic Lair you simply have a lot of fun getting to level 90, getting the best gear and then you move on. Yup, that's it. You will get bored at this point and move on to a new server or quit EQ altogether. It takes a couple months to get to that point but one thing is clear, you will probably have more fun doing it on our server than most.

And just to brag a little, there is still no website and forums anywhere near as nice, functional, and professional as ours in the entire EQEmu community, Legends/Preferred servers included.

So hop on by or don't. The current players would love to see some new faces around though which is probably the main reason why I'm posting this. If not that's fine by me, but you may just meet some pretty cool people over here.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:06 PM
jabedoben
Sarnak

I'm pretty sure you'd give me a Rusty Short Sword for a million dollars.

Will check out the server. Sounds cool.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:24 PM
Traul
Hill Giant

That was a pretty ultra defensive and antagonistic post.. completely unprovoked as well??? I'm confused.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:47 AM
Splose
Banned

your loot system is taken from Diablo, treasure chests drop on live.. RoF client is in a decent spot right now (1 expansion behind live).. etc, etc.

also, servers taking in donations and giving some sort of item in return isn't necessarily a bad thing as long as it isn't taken too far. The time I work on my server (which is hours a day) is time that I could be spending working at my job. If I want to make money off my hard work I will nigga damn.