Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 10-11-2003, 09:20 PM
tatung
Sarnak

Default Soul Devourer (where to find this on EQlive)

Anyone have any clue where to find this wep on EQlive??
heres link to wep stats..

http://www.everquestserver.com/item....UuNjc5NTA4NTM=

Iam gussing since it was found using packet sniffing it must exsist sumwhere??

Mabye its the loot form sleeper that no ons killed hence no one on EQlive has one heh???
Old 10-11-2003, 11:30 PM
dol182
Fire Beetle

doesn't exist on EQlive , It's a GMadmin weapon
Old 10-12-2003, 01:29 AM
flyrken
Sarnak

It should not exist in the hands of a LIVE "player", however Forum for Druzzil Ro on Allakhazam's website will show that this has been seen in 'players' hands'.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/s...html?eserver=7

I have seen one of these linked. I believe it doesn't drop or doesn't anymore ala manastone, and is reserved reward for turning in "cheaters" that are exploiting major bugs. This is a load of crap in my opinion. I have used /bug and they just get ignored, until someone can turn that bug into 100000 plat per hour or pathing experience making 10 levels an hour. Case in point, Erudin Crossing boats still sail through the island. (This was reported 4 yrs ago, wonder how many newbies reported the bug?)

I will make this weapon droppable on a badass faction neutral mob on my server, just for kicks and vengance.

EOF
Old 10-12-2003, 05:56 AM
killspree
Dragon

I wouldn't believe anything you saw on allakhazams, especially from the mouth of a level 47 warrior.
Old 10-12-2003, 10:35 AM
flyrken
Sarnak

I did not see a GMFLAG value in field. BTW, isn't this suppose to be NO-RENT and/or atleast NO-DROP?

http://www.planeteq.com/eqwadb/detai...emNumber=11409

Shrug, I have seen GM's do just about anything they wanted to do including doing a GM event and attacking players that didn't "sign up" for the event. It wouldn't surprise me if there is one in a mortal rentfile on every server. I believe the worse of people

I saw this linked in PoK with "/ooc PC on Soul Devourer!"
/ooc Damn its nodrop! Where did you get it?
<noreply>
It could have been the GM, but I doubt it That wonderful proc is 500 direct damage too! http://lucy.fnord.net/

EOF
Old 10-12-2003, 01:50 PM
killspree
Dragon

It was most likely found when you could hack links and display basically any item in the database by editing a text file that certain commands output to.
Old 10-13-2003, 02:24 AM
tatung
Sarnak

Default dang...

So iam guessing this thing aint to be found on EQlive heh??

Ive also found another version of it...just stick the word big infront of it heh...

I dont get why they make it and it cant be reached by us?? it must of been put int here for sum reason...Mabye an unfound quest heh =/
Old 10-13-2003, 02:34 AM
killspree
Dragon

It's just for show, just like the seru sword and a few other items you see.
Old 10-14-2003, 09:36 AM
sup2069
Hill Giant

You all are wrong. Well the posts that are saying this weapon doesnt exist.

On Quellious the weapon was dropped. No-drop, no-rent etc.

The auctions and channles where spammed with this weapon. If you dont believe thats fine. But i know it does exist on Eqlive.
Old 10-14-2003, 06:06 PM
killspree
Dragon

It was not dropped, you saw links from the hacked links where you could /ignore an item link and it would put the item number in your ignore text file. You could then edit the ignore text file and change the item number. Then when you typed /ignore in-game, if the item was in the database, a link to that item would appear.
Old 10-15-2003, 04:53 AM
tatung
Sarnak

Default how?

I didnt understand that very well...Just wondering how to do it..more detailed method...Like what do i type ? /ignore sould devour or /ignore 010010 or what ever its number is..i forgot heh..THen ocne that is doen thne what do i do??
Old 10-15-2003, 06:15 AM
mattmeck

the bug was fixed cant do it anymore
Old 10-15-2003, 06:26 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

I am a guide on Veeshan, occassionally in the CSHOME Arena my GM Admin will summon me and kill me with it for fun.

It couldn't be held by anyone other then a Guide/GM. Once the player puts it on, they will die. I believe it also sets a flag on your account which then you'll be investigated.

This was because back in the day, you could /petition OMGWTF COME TO ARENA. Then the guide/gm would come to arena, your group could kill them, loot the items, and run. :P

So my only guess to it having be linked, is the ignore thing; if that ever worked (I never heard about that), or a guide/gm unrightfully giving out the links to their items in public chat.

-- One way I found out, was if you editted the number through memory editting (winhack/etc), then you link it, when you click on the item it'll show up the ID of it. I did this on EQEMu so I don't know if it works through EQlive. If you do this, make sure your away from people or grouped with a friend, say the link, then click on the icon to get the right named link. It will be suspicious if you have an item named: Rusty Axe, with a link of a Soul Devourer.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:40 AM
killspree
Dragon

On live you could just ;tell <yourname> <link> and it will send a tell to yourself with the link.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:53 AM
SupremeBeing
Fire Beetle

Quote:
This was because back in the day, you could /petition OMGWTF COME TO ARENA. Then the guide/gm would come to arena, your group could kill them, loot the items, and run.
Haha thats funny as hell, I would love to have seen that.