Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:30 AM
sarym13
Fire Beetle

Default Looking for a very fun Random loot server. Like this old 1..

Hello. so its been a little over a year since i played Eq emu. Im getting back into it just im trying to find a random loot type server like this old 1.. i will explain it below..

ok so i fell in love with this old server called Freeport or sometimes Random Freeport.

the way they putt everything out was awesome. there were 100s if not 1000s of different types of loot. all ranging from extremely gimp to jaw dropping pimp.
they had 2.0s just spreaded out. IE. ranger 2.0 say was in RSS. and druid was in MPG..

But the catch was.. every few days or so they would like do a reset.. or something in the sort.. where some gear would change. as in if you got a very good piece of loot, after the reset it would turn into a very crappy item. or the other way around ..

and after the reset the zones that used to drop this certain gear no longer drops it..

so it was always a adventure. always something to do, peoople would always go out and farm zones for gear, we would trade are tradeable gear for loot spots that were of interests.

so its not like these other random servers where the loot in these zones are always the same. 1 day you will be the pimpest of the pimp. and the next day you might be gimp as hell.

the epics were amazing, they had the best stats, 5 slots and were extremely hard to find, and once you found it and linked it everyone was like NIICE. WHERE YOU FIND IT? . ill give you this this and this for the information on where it drops.

i loved that server.. 1 day it just never came back.. so i quit emu :(

so yes. any other sever out in emu just like that? or maybe its back just in a different name xD ?