Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:11 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

I am kinda-sorta working on it as I can. A little problem with the heat synch on my laptop left me working with an innovative new kind of computer that looks like this:

My desktop needs at least a new motherboard and possibly a cpu/fan so it isn't much help. :P

Personally I think the laptop demonstrates some real creativity... and it works!

Work is slow. Be patient. Hopefully when it is done, it will work with the UF client (Ok, I admit it, it already does). We also have a website at http://scorpious2k.tk which a few clever people located in spite of the fact I thought it was a secret.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:44 AM
Lysty
Fire Beetle

Amazing! I will keep checking back here every day. Love the rig btw
Old 01-17-2015, 09:04 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Checking here probably isn't he best place, if anything is happening it will show up on our website first - like when I open it up for alpha testing I will reveal the "secret name" it is running under for testing.

As for the "rig"... it may not be pretty but it works for now. The sound of the fan blowing onto the CPU and GPU can be distracting and makes using the built in mic impossible.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:23 PM
HolyCow
Fire Beetle

Default Moo.

I remember S2K. I played when I had an old athlon processor and I had my bots always facing the floor on 0 clip plane to manage boxing.

I remember the AC bugs and almost hitting 50K ac with POHate augs and armor. That was a fun time with a lot of good people.

I took a break after it went down and eventually went on to PEQ and then char-moved over to EqTitan for multiboxers. I still play every now and then, but when I get bored I look for S2K/Squeaker style servers.

I'm 35 now and in surgery residency, so time is limited....I still tell people about what a great group of people worked and played on that server!

--Unholycow
Old 01-19-2015, 08:25 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCow View Post
I remember S2K. I played when I had an old athlon processor and I had my bots always facing the floor on 0 clip plane to manage boxing.

I remember the AC bugs and almost hitting 50K ac with POHate augs and armor. That was a fun time with a lot of good people.

I took a break after it went down and eventually went on to PEQ and then char-moved over to EqTitan for multiboxers. I still play every now and then, but when I get bored I look for S2K/Squeaker style servers.
I remember you.

Maybe with a little luck the next time you are looking you will find us.

Quote:
I'm 35 now and in surgery residency, so time is limited....I still tell people about what a great group of people worked and played on that server!

--Unholycow
Congrats on the career. I hope all those years of sword and dagger use helped prepare you for being a surgeon.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:56 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Answering a question I have been asked a few times, yes we will accept donations towards getting a better computer to run the server and develop it on.

There is a donate button on the web site once you sign in. http://scorpious2k.tk
Old 02-23-2015, 08:57 PM
shaheenz
Fire Beetle

cant say how happy i got when i read this! DONATE GUYS ! Scorpious2K is seriously one of the best dev's in the community the content he brings is seriously something you should try! Gluck cant wait to see it up and running
Old 02-26-2015, 07:17 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Things are ... happening ... mostly in the background right now, but they are happening.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:32 PM
Mikeko1
Fire Beetle

Hype! I see some familiar names in this thread. The server is somewhat playable but still has some major bugs. Once these bugs are sorted out, I see a new community collecting and lots of fun to be had Apparently there may eventually be some new things too compared to the old S2K days. But I'm whole with just the original content and have been enjoying testing the server. To those who are old and new to S2K, feel free to check out what's happening with the server at http://scorpious2k.tk/
Old 03-10-2015, 06:02 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Patiently waiting to play as Shocking Lobsters.

Old 03-11-2015, 05:56 PM
nopsled
Fire Beetle

I remember s2k! I remember all kinds of cool GM events going on! I don't remember the details though. But I won a weapon many years ago. :P
Old 03-13-2015, 04:33 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

ALL HAIL SKELLITOUS TWOK. SLAYER OF NEWBIES.

Also, dragonious twok was kinda legit, I guess.

Old 03-15-2015, 02:18 PM
Boredorm
Fire Beetle

S2K was also my first experioance at EQEMU server my Warrior Irsmart was pretty fun to just run around and do stuff with i remember being in hate all the time and all the GC folks god i miss your server gonna check out the fourm and stuff and hope you can get this up and going let me know if i can help test in anyway!
Old 06-04-2015, 08:23 AM
J3wish
Sarnak

Scorpious2k15, coming soon to a server near you!
Old 06-04-2015, 05:06 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

LOL

How soon? I don't believe I have committed to a date yet. Just because it is up (secret name) on a dedicated server for testing ...