Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Timp
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killeverything View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killeverything View Post
Hi all and thanks for this guild
I have my server up but I think I am missing a few things
1) my server is not listed on the LS
2) I can connected with 2 computers on the network but am unable to connect from the internet, getting Error 1017

I am running XP Sp3 Eqemu ver 8.0 DB 946
any help would be great
got it thanks
I know this was posted a year ago, but what was your solution to number 2? Or anyone else know how to solve it? I am having the same problem with error 1017.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:24 PM
xdejekx
Fire Beetle

Timp - for part #2 - how are you trying to host the server to be seen on the internet?

Im going to assume a router is in the whole setup, what kind of router do you have?

Sometimes routers have a NAT filter setup (Network allocation table) - so it makes all computers on that routers LAN pretty much invisible for a lot of applications. Essentially. I dont know if you have solved this yet, but whats an update?

Anyhow, my problem im having is.. is getting microsoft visual C++ 2008 AND 2010 (Express) to actually work with compiling the source code. So many errors, ahhg. I have spent countless hours tracking down the error, fixing it,and another one pops up. Rinse and repeat. Does anybody have any other programs they can recommend?

Last edited by xdejekx; 12-26-2010 at 09:27 PM.. Reason: Well, Im aparently retarded and posted in the wrong post i was going too. :P my offer for help still stands
Old 12-26-2010, 09:51 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

First, stick with 2008. It works, and 2010 may not.

Second, follow all of the steps carefully for setting up the include and library directories, and make sure you use the proper versions of Perl and MySQL, and you shouldn't have to fix any errors, it just works.

Without you telling us what errors you're seeing we'd be guessing at any problems you might have. My advice is go back and double check all of the settings first, try and compile, and if you still have trouble post the actual errors you are getting.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:10 AM
xdejekx
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst2112 View Post
Without you telling us what errors you're seeing we'd be guessing at any problems you might have. My advice is go back and double check all of the settings first, try and compile, and if you still have trouble post the actual errors you are getting.
Ok, this was just for EMuShareMem, the others had many fun returns as well.
--- Edit - Perhaps its because I am using DEV-CPP version of unistd.h? It aparently doesnt come stock with any of the referenced files from the guide. Its acting as if its not native to my system with the files needed that I downloaded from the guide too :( ---

1>------ Build started: Project: EMuShareMem, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>Embedding manifest...
1>Project : error PRJ0003 : Error spawning 'mt.exe'.
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\EQEMUSVNFILES\EQemu\trunk\EQEmuServer\Build\EMu ShareMem\Release\BuildLog.htm"
1>EMuShareMem - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
2>------ Build started: Project: World, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
2>Compiling...
2>packet_functions.cpp
2>C:\Dev-Cpp\include\unistd.h(24) : error C2144: syntax error : 'int' should be preceded by ';'
2>C:\Dev-Cpp\include\unistd.h(24) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
2>misc.cpp
2>C:\Dev-Cpp\include\unistd.h(24) : error C2144: syntax error : 'int' should be preceded by ';'
2>C:\Dev-Cpp\include\unistd.h(24) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
2>client.cpp
2>Generating Code...
2>Creating browse information file...
2>Microsoft Browse Information Maintenance Utility Version 9.00.30729
2>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
2>Build log was saved at "file://c:\EQEMUSVNFILES\EQemu\trunk\EQEmuServer\Build\Wor ld\Release\BuildLog.htm"
2>World - 6 error(s), 0 warning(s)
3>------ Build started: Project: Zone, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
3>Compiling...
3>packet_functions.cpp
3>C:\Dev-Cpp\include\unistd.h(24) : error C2144: syntax error : 'int' should be preceded by ';'
3>C:\Dev-Cpp\include\unistd.h(24) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
3>misc.cpp
3>C:\Dev-Cpp\include\unistd.h(24) : error C2144: syntax error : 'int' should be preceded by ';'
3>C:\Dev-Cpp\include\unistd.h(24) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
3>client_process.cpp
3>client_packet.cpp
3>Generating Code...
3>Creating browse information file...
3>Microsoft Browse Information Maintenance Utility Version 9.00.30729
3>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
3>Build log was saved at "file://c:\EQEMUSVNFILES\EQemu\trunk\EQEmuServer\Build\Zon e\Release\BuildLog.htm"
3>Zone - 8 error(s), 0 warning(s)
4>------ Build started: Project: eqlaunch, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
4>Compiling...
4>packet_functions.cpp
4>C:\Dev-Cpp\include\unistd.h(24) : error C2144: syntax error : 'int' should be preceded by ';'
4>C:\Dev-Cpp\include\unistd.h(24) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
4>misc.cpp
4>C:\Dev-Cpp\include\unistd.h(24) : error C2144: syntax error : 'int' should be preceded by ';'
4>C:\Dev-Cpp\include\unistd.h(24) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
4>Generating Code...
4>Build log was saved at "file://c:\EQEMUSVNFILES\EQemu\trunk\EQEmuServer\Build\eql aunch\Release\BuildLog.htm"
4>eqlaunch - 4 error(s), 0 warning(s)
5>------ Build started: Project: ucs, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
5>Compiling...
5>packet_functions.cpp
5>C:\Dev-Cpp\include\unistd.h(24) : error C2144: syntax error : 'int' should be preceded by ';'
5>C:\Dev-Cpp\include\unistd.h(24) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
5>misc.cpp
5>C:\Dev-Cpp\include\unistd.h(24) : error C2144: syntax error : 'int' should be preceded by ';'
5>C:\Dev-Cpp\include\unistd.h(24) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
5>Build log was saved at "file://c:\EQEMUSVNFILES\EQemu\trunk\EQEmuServer\Build\ucs \Release\BuildLog.htm"
5>ucs - 4 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 5 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

ok,i edited unistd.h. it DID show this:
int ftruncate(int, off_t);
__CRT_INLINE int ftruncate(int __fd, off_t __length)

So i took out the space to...:
(int__fd,...)

and that error didnt come up, but i got:

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: EMuShareMem, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'EMuShareMem', configuration 'Release|Win32'
1>Compiling...
1>timer.cpp
1>SharedLibrary.cpp
1>Mutex.cpp
1>debug.cpp
1>Spells.cpp
1>SkillCaps.cpp
1>Opcodes.cpp
1>NPCTypes.cpp
1>NPCFactionLists.cpp
1>MMF.cpp
1>.\MMF.cpp(325) : warning C4532: 'return' : jump out of __finally block has undefined behavior during termination handling
1>Loot.cpp
1>Items.cpp
1>Doors.cpp
1>DLLMain.cpp
1>Generating Code...
1>Linking...
1> Creating library .\../Build/EMuShareMem/EMuShareMem.lib and object .\../Build/EMuShareMem/EMuShareMem.exp
1>Embedding manifest...
1>Project : error PRJ0003 : Error spawning 'mt.exe'.
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\EQEMUSVNFILES\EQemu\trunk\EQEmuServer\Build\EMu ShareMem\Release\BuildLog.htm"
1>EMuShareMem - 1 error(s), 1 warning(s)
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

--- Yet, another EDIT - OK! I found mt.exe in the microsoft SDK Files, which was NOT referenced in the Executable Files section in my config. Behold:
1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: EMuShareMem, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'EMuShareMem', configuration 'Release|Win32'
1>Compiling...
1>timer.cpp
1>SharedLibrary.cpp
1>Mutex.cpp
1>debug.cpp
1>Spells.cpp
1>SkillCaps.cpp
1>Opcodes.cpp
1>NPCTypes.cpp
1>NPCFactionLists.cpp
1>MMF.cpp
1>.\MMF.cpp(325) : warning C4532: 'return' : jump out of __finally block has undefined behavior during termination handling
1>Loot.cpp
1>Items.cpp
1>Doors.cpp
1>DLLMain.cpp
1>Generating Code...
1>Linking...
1> Creating library .\../Build/EMuShareMem/EMuShareMem.lib and object .\../Build/EMuShareMem/EMuShareMem.exp
1>Embedding manifest...
1>EMuShareMem - 0 error(s), 1 warning(s)
========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Lets hope I can get this ball rolling. Hopefully this process gives others insight if they have similar problems!
Old 12-27-2010, 01:24 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Why would you be using any files from dev-cpp? It will compile with a completely standard Visual C++ installation as long as you set the include paths for Perl and MySQL properly.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:19 PM
xdejekx
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst2112 View Post
Why would you be using any files from dev-cpp? It will compile with a completely standard Visual C++ installation as long as you set the include paths for Perl and MySQL properly.
Ahh yeah, I guess it was a little off thinking to try using that one when it was with dev-cpp. Anyhow, well, I can honestly say I was a stickler for following the guide - so just for kicks, where SHOULD I be able to locate unistd.h?
Old 12-27-2010, 11:00 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

I'm really not sure why you think you need that file. It isn't necessary to compile on Windows, only Linux.

If you use Visual Studio 2008 (or possibly 2010), open the solution, and hit compile it should just work as long as you have set up the additional include/library directories for MySQL and Perl.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:08 AM
xdejekx
Fire Beetle

Default Aggh

So, I put together one of my old XP machines, downloaded everything, and its all going smoothly. Im going to poke at my Vista machine, maybe even just finally upgrade to 7 on it. Lots of junk in there anyhow. Ill turn this XP machine into a dedicated server too, i think it will work better that way Ty for your help!

========== Rebuild All: 5 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========
Old 04-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Umlaut
Fire Beetle

Thumbs up Stuck Newb.

Ok, another total Emu newb here.
Trying to follow the guide on the wiki, but it seems to be a little outdated.
This is going to sound completely nitpicky, but when I am trying to follow a guide to do something I know nothing about, I need total Captain Dummy instructions.
You know, type this, change to this directory, type this, move this file to this directory, etc, etc...
That said, I thank you for all the time and trouble you have gone through to write this guide up for everyone.

The first thing I noticed different is when I download the latest rev, EQEmu-Rev1874-Bots.zip, it didn't have a Build folder in it, just files, and a sql_updates folder.
Not a problem, I unpacked it into a seperate folder.
Next, got tortoise svn installed.
Rightclicked on the c:\mysql\bin folder and did the svn checkout step.
Put the correct url in the top line for the repository.
Then the next line was a little unclear: "The line under that where it says Checkout directory: is the location of the folder you are downloading it to - keep an eye on that to make sure it's the correct folder."
I was unsure what this meant, and how was I supposed to know if it was the correct folder or not?
Was it supposed to checkout to \mysql\bin, or was I supposed to leave the default folder in the line: C:\MySQL\bin\projecteqdb ?
I tried leaving it the default, and also tried changing it to download to just: C:\MySQL\bin.
Ok, the next step is where I am stopped.
I started mysql command line.
Created the database.
Use peq.
Then when I tried to enter the next command, source peqdb_rev1751.sql , I get:
ERROR:
Failed to open file 'peqdb_rev1751.sql', error: 2

I noticed that if I moved to .sql files to the bin folder, the command worked, but is that what I am supposed to do?

Thanks!
Old 04-10-2011, 03:07 AM
Umlaut
Fire Beetle

Ok, had the time to read back through the other 10 pages, and found the answer on page 8 on how to use the source command and use the path to the file.
Sorry, had no idea.
I will continue on again.
Thanks!
Old 05-03-2011, 04:20 AM
eski2
Hill Giant

Yeah i find that "build" folder worrying as i am supposed to "Copy the EQEMuLoginServer.exe to your server folder. " and i'm thinking, well, without a "build" folder, will the folder created by extraction (C:\eq\EQEmu-Rev1874-Bots(1)) do?
Old 05-04-2011, 11:44 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

You should be able to run it right out of the extraction folder. You'll of course need things like the map files, quest files, etc, but everything you need to run the server should be included in the zip files, including sql updates. I'll take a look at the guide and reconcile that with the windows builds from the downloads directory. I create them so I guess I should at least make the guide correct.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:51 PM
Shadow33
Fire Beetle

Default No peqdb_Rev781.sql.gz

I have done all and did the DLs and i yet to see peqdb_Rev781.sql.gz at all the only thing i got is db_dump to use with winrar and help to getting this would be great thx
Old 08-24-2011, 08:19 PM
Emmeric
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow33 View Post
I have done all and did the DLs and i yet to see peqdb_Rev781.sql.gz at all the only thing i got is db_dump to use with winrar and help to getting this would be great thx
I had the same issue. I was told to make sure the file extensions are shown. While in that folder, go into your Tools, Folder Options, View and make sure Hide File extensions is unchecked.

You can check it again later.

This will show your .sql file (db_dump.sql) and that is what you use.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:33 PM
smcallister88
Fire Beetle

Default Login Server errors

Upon launching the login server, at the end, i get:

[Database] [1.11.12 - 00:31:38] Mysql query failed: SELECT max(ServerID) FROM tblworldserverregisteration
[Database] [1.11.12 - 00:31:38] Mysql query failed: UPDATE tblworldserverregisteration SET ServerLastLoginDate = now(), ServerLastIPAddr = '127.0.0.1' where ServerID = 0

Where would be a good place to start looking? I checked out login.ini and eqemulogin.ini so far both look perfect...