Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-01-2012, 03:07 AM
Aonelyn
Hill Giant

thanks for the google links bro, real talk.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:14 AM
opyrus
Hill Giant

latest code changes compiled and in place.
minor server configuration changes nothing to write home about.
standard server maintenance and checks blah blah the same stuff i do every day.
development has been lacking due to lack of player base.
incoherent ramblings and so on and so forth blah blah blah.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:06 PM
rdnck
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by opyrus View Post
latest code changes compiled and in place.
minor server configuration changes nothing to write home about.
standard server maintenance and checks blah blah the same stuff i do every day.
***development has been lacking due to lack of player base.***
incoherent ramblings and so on and so forth blah blah blah.
I'd made a couple toons on yer server, leveled one to 70+, the other is @ 55, logged in to work on some AA's on my 70-something ranger, and the toon had been deleted by someone * other * than me...and you complain about not having a player base...* hmmm...wonder why that could be...*

( oh..and players can't even zone into the GL, to keep their buffs from winding down...and we're supposed to * buy * them off a bot? )
Old 11-03-2012, 06:21 PM
opyrus
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnck View Post
I'd made a couple toons on yer server, leveled one to 70+, the other is @ 55, logged in to work on some AA's on my 70-something ranger, and the toon had been deleted by someone * other * than me...and you complain about not having a player base...* hmmm...wonder why that could be...*

( oh..and players can't even zone into the GL, to keep their buffs from winding down...and we're supposed to * buy * them off a bot? )

Quote:
some update notes
many items have been tweaked or fixed.
bots have been re-enabled and tested working.
several custom npcs have been updated.
#peqzone command has been enabled for all.
a few characters found to be erroring out the server have been removed (players effected may request to be relvled as compensation).
guilds have been tested and are working several have begun to take shape.
if you find something that needs to be fixed let me know ill add it to the list.

several toons had become irreparably damaged and where removed as it was the only option anyone would have. the damaged toons would crash zones at every login and never be able to login normally. and the only zone in the game that is set to keep buffs is plane of knowledge and its also where players are returned to after a set time logged out. anyone can zone in to any zone i have not locked down with #peqzone 48 of 500 zones where locked down.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:56 PM
rdnck
Fire Beetle

Quote:
several toons had become irreparably damaged and where removed as it was the only option anyone would have. the damaged toons would crash zones at every login and never be able to login normally. and the only zone in the game that is set to keep buffs is plane of knowledge and its also where players are returned to after a set time logged out. anyone can zone in to any zone i have not locked down with #peqzone 48 of 500 zones where locked down.
...w/e...I tried to use #peq & #tgc, both commands generated a message that they weren't recognised by the server...the GH is on the other side of the GL, which makes it a moot point if guilds are working but you can't get to the GH...which is where i tried to #peq / #tgc to get to...and if my ranger would crash zones and not be able to log in..how the heck did i get her to 70 +...
...cool story tho...
Old 11-03-2012, 11:24 PM
opyrus
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnck View Post
...w/e...I tried to use #peq & #tgc, both commands generated a message that they weren't recognised by the server...the GH is on the other side of the GL, which makes it a moot point if guilds are working but you can't get to the GH...which is where i tried to #peq / #tgc to get to...and if my ranger would crash zones and not be able to log in..how the heck did i get her to 70 +...
...cool story tho...
both zone check out the guildhall and guildlobby are working and they check out thru #peqzone command.

Code:
#peqzone guildlobby
#peqzone guildhall
as far as bugged characters go any character that leveled over 75 during the problem would result in a permanently broken character the problem has sense been resolved. a total of 6 players where effected all they needed to do was ask to be releveled with a fresh working toon. the problem would not start the moment the toon reached lvl75+ it would start when they logged out and attempted to relogin. i personally destroyed 37 of my own characters in the testing process to resolve the problem. i would also note you can also zone in to the guild lobby/hall from plane of knowledge normally by clicking the door.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:51 PM
opyrus
Hill Giant

Server now requires underfoot client to login.
max level cap is now 90.
tested max cap 90 for bugs and resolved them.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:04 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

Quote:
development has been lacking due to lack of player base
Quote:
Server now requires underfoot client to login.
That will fix the problem!

Quote:
tested max cap 90 for bugs and resolved them.
You are in for a great surprise if you ever get a player that tries to level to 90 lol.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:11 PM
opyrus
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryatis View Post
That will fix the problem!

You are in for a great surprise if you ever get a player that tries to level to 90 lol.
client inconsistency is resulting in crashing problems its the lesser of 2 evils.
so leaving multi client support where people crash zones constantly angering everyone playing or limiting login's to 1 client the one i use to develop the server from. so my client will exhibit the same problems as everyone else's so that i can track down and fix the problem. ive resolved many crash issues ive discovered from underfoot and everything runs smooth from underfoot for me. i really don't plan to install every client and test each one for constancy. on the other hand i do have a copy of titanium so i may test titanium and enable that one as well.

Ive started testing titanium client support.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:01 AM
opyrus
Hill Giant

Change Log:
I have done some testing with titanium and sod clients and have concluded that underfoot will be only client supported by the abyss.
I have based this choice on many factors like consistency/ stability/ overall game play/ fairness between 2 versions underfoot players tend to be more powerful then the other 2 due to client limits/ Underfoot tends to run better then the other 2 clients far less little hang ups and better features/ Ect.
Exp rates have been adjusted to 1.0 to be exact.
Starting items have been adjusted the free charm has been removed you can still buy them from the vendor and the free bag of plat has been reduced.
Lootable table adjustments are underway 0min drop all / 0avg drop / adjusted higher max drop possibility.
I do accept content change suggestions in game so send a tell not to say every suggestion will be taken and used.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:33 AM
opyrus
Hill Giant

So the servers been running way more stable 2 zone crash's in a week not that big a deal. up till now Ive spent a large portion of time just trying to stop the zone crashing problems it seems to be under control and manageable now. so i ask the players that have axially played on my server what should i focus on next what do you feel is most important to game play value that needs to be worked on.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:07 AM
mgellan
Sarnak

Quote:
Still keeping a eye open but im confidant ive finally resolved the crashing problem.
What was the issue?

Regards,
Mg
Old 11-14-2012, 06:18 PM
opyrus
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgellan View Post
What was the issue?

Regards,
Mg
client inconsistency was causing crashing things not matching up server side and there was 52 zones i closed permanently as they crash any time someone would enter them. energetic atunment AA was also a problem when you would buy rank 13 it would crash the zone so it was limited to rank 12. several database inconsistency where also corrected faulty items where causing crashing as well. plugin inconsistency where another issue where things would not match up. zone crashing still happens very now and then it is an on going investigation but i feel it is under control in a manageable state.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:46 AM
opyrus
Hill Giant

Double Exp Weekend Event Double Group Exp & AA Exp All Weekend Enjoy
Old 11-19-2012, 05:09 AM
opyrus
Hill Giant

Server webpage is up default allaclone setup still working on it http://alturl.com/hwmwn.