mrea
Discordant

Oh great, thanks for the quick response, cavedude

Old 04-18-2006, 02:17 AM
Doodman
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrea
This is great and everything but will any work still be put into 6.x?

If not I'll go out a pick up a copy I guess.
Until 0.7.0 is determined to be at least as stable as 0.6.6, 0.6.6 will still continue to get updates/fixes as they should back/forward port between the two pretty easily.

Anything before 0.6.6 is deprecated and is not maintained by the EQEmu project proper.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:20 AM
Doodman
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude
Just compiled 0.7.0 and as I was copying everything over, a thought occured to me... what about the differences in the spell files between 0.6.x, Titanium, and down the line Live? Will that cause problems?
The spell file (on the server side) is only used to load the information into the server. So, like items, if the format changes we'll adjust the loading in of the information. Information for the spells will probably not change very much.

As far as effects and such, that's all done on the client anyways, so you're client will do whatever it wants to do with the right information.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:06 AM
aza77
Hill Giant

what is items.augslot1unk -> items.augslot4unk for ?? i'm missing them at our items table and they are listed at fieldlist.h to be loaded..
Old 04-18-2006, 07:02 AM
aza77
Hill Giant

lol nm i'm blind :P
Old 04-18-2006, 08:10 AM
mrea
Discordant

Fixed my problem

Still have the same bug as before though... moving to support

Last edited by mrea; 04-18-2006 at 04:37 PM.. Reason: Fixed
Old 04-18-2006, 08:17 AM
aza77
Hill Giant

just copy all .conf files of the utils directory to your server dir that should fix it
Old 04-18-2006, 09:38 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

I'm curious...does dynamic patch support extend to handling different types of packets, or just opcodes? I bring it up because I have code that allows dynamic packet handling that I use in the admin tool to decouple program logic from packet structures (though, of course, using it involves a performance hit).
Old 04-18-2006, 12:50 PM
fathernitwit
Developer

Wind,

the 1000 foot picture of the dynamic struct stuff is that every packet is given an internal representation that the application logic uses. That packet is then sent to a structure strategy for the correct patch which is responsible for turning the internal representation into the correct EQ representation for that patch. Which basically boils down to an extra slightly-less-cache-friendly memcpy per packet. This is further helped by the fact that almost all packets currently work for both clients, so no translation at all is done on them, this advantage will slowly go away as clients drift further apart.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:29 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Sounds a lot like what I'm doing, except that I just do name lookups on fields on the fly since I'm looking at BLOB's and sticking to the database way of doing things. The BLOB is just a packet that was stuffed into the database, so in that sense BLOB = packet.

I'm not sure if it's better to translate the entire packet when you receive it or not, but for a server it probably is. I hope it works out...it could definitely solve some problems in the long run, though packets definitely not only evolve over time but sometimes are replaced by radically different ones. At that point, though, I could see a new server version spawning...
Old 04-18-2006, 01:33 PM
fathernitwit
Developer

yea, we have plan for/can support a more dynamic strategy for translation, such that we can load the field placement from an XML file or whatever, we decided that it was not wise to do this by default for performance reasons, but it could be quite useful for testing.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:34 PM
fathernitwit
Developer

BTW guys... finally fixed the download section.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:39 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

0.6.6 version and compatible Titanium in one eqemu 0.7.0 ?

I have dream it, the devs make it !!!
Wonderfull work, i don't have any word in my english for say enough thanks
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:23 PM
kouhei
Hill Giant

Default tried it

I was able to login in to peq with the 6.2+ client.

GREAT JOB!!!!! DEVS and everyone who help pull it together to get 0.7.0 out.
Now when someone askes for a back patch; we can say no need back patch go buy Titanium package and you will be able to log in and play. So go tell your friends buy a copy while you can.

Take a look you know you want to click on this site.

Last edited by kouhei; 04-19-2006 at 03:25 AM..
Old 04-20-2006, 12:19 AM
Memener
Dragon

Thumbs down Sweeeeeet!

Very very cool. I think i'll pick a copy of titanium when i go back to work.
Can't wait to test it out!

Thanks to Imageshack.us for free image hosting!
Closed Thread