Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 03-08-2022, 01:46 PM
Jorin
Sarnak

Default Missing zones?

So i got to looking around today and noticed there seems to be a ton of missing zones. I first noticed there seems to be no zones after 712(neighborhood) then around 752 you pick up most of the RoF zones. Then i went back and noticed even the 600s are missing a ton of zones. Is this normal? It seems to imply to me there is room for a lot of different zones that we just dont seem to have. I was searching for the Plane of Shadow part of RoF, noticed we seem to have all the RoF zones except plane of shadow. Is there an easy way to go about getting these zones, like can i just copy them from my live folder and then zone in? Or do i need to bring then up in open world and export them? If anyone knows anything about this please let me know before I go tearing my server apart for nothing lol.
Old 03-08-2022, 01:52 PM
fryguy
Sarnak

I believe this list was exported from the client.

https://docs.eqemu.io/server/zones/zone-list/
Old 03-08-2022, 02:16 PM
Jorin
Sarnak

What about all the missing zones between them ( i just mean in terms of the zone numbers) theres gaps by like hundreds of numbers, are those basically empty spaces? Like just add a new zone and it will take one of the empty zone numbers? Such as zone 800 as an example.
Old 03-08-2022, 02:21 PM
Jorin
Sarnak

I also seem to be missing just a few files, Aviak Village, Apprentice are 2 of them. No clue where to find the zone files but if I were to move a random zone file to my folder and name it aviak would it take that spot? I know i probably seem like im rambling, just trying to figure out what all is possible. I know I can make some custom zones but to me in theory if I can make a whole new zone or download zone files from old forums then I should be able to just cooy zones from live just as simply. I have no clue i could be completely wrong hopefully someone with more extensive knowledge of this can elaborate.
Old 03-09-2022, 09:23 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

First things first backup your database and game client. There are a number of zones missing from the database but that does not mean you can not use them. As long as your game client has the zone files for the missing zone you can just create the missing database entries and zone into it. The following will enable you to zone into Plane of Shadow assuming you have the zone files in place.

INSERT INTO `zone` (`short_name`, `id`, `file_name`, `long_name`, `map_file_name`, `safe_x`, `safe_y`, `safe_z`, `graveyard_id`, `min_level`, `min_status`, `zoneidnumber`, `version`, `timezone`, `maxclients`, `ruleset`, `note`, `underworld`, `minclip`, `maxclip`, `fog_minclip`, `fog_maxclip`, `fog_blue`, `fog_red`, `fog_green`, `sky`, `ztype`, `zone_exp_multiplier`, `walkspeed`, `time_type`, `fog_red1`, `fog_green1`, `fog_blue1`, `fog_minclip1`, `fog_maxclip1`, `fog_red2`, `fog_green2`, `fog_blue2`, `fog_minclip2`, `fog_maxclip2`, `fog_red3`, `fog_green3`, `fog_blue3`, `fog_minclip3`, `fog_maxclip3`, `fog_red4`, `fog_green4`, `fog_blue4`, `fog_minclip4`, `fog_maxclip4`, `fog_density`, `flag_needed`, `canbind`, `cancombat`, `canlevitate`, `castoutdoor`, `hotzone`, `insttype`, `shutdowndelay`, `peqzone`, `expansion`, `suspendbuffs`, `rain_chance1`, `rain_chance2`, `rain_chance3`, `rain_chance4`, `rain_duration1`, `rain_duration2`, `rain_duration3`, `rain_duration4`, `snow_chance1`, `snow_chance2`, `snow_chance3`, `snow_chance4`, `snow_duration1`, `snow_duration2`, `snow_duration3`, `snow_duration4`, `gravity`, `type`, `skylock`, `fast_regen_hp`, `fast_regen_mana`, `fast_regen_endurance`, `npc_max_aggro_dist`, `max_movement_update_range`) VALUES ('poshadow', 5968, '', 'The Plane of Shadow', NULL, -172, -625, -33, 0, 0, 0, 764, 0, 0, 0, 2, '', -5000, 50, 5000, 10, 500, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1.50, 0.4, 2, 0, 0, 0, 10, 500, 0, 0, 0, 10, 500, 0, 0, 0, 10, 500, 0, 0, 0, 10, 500, 0.33, '', 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 900000, 1, 20, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.4, 1, 0, 180, 180, 180, 600, 600);

If you are missing the zone files you can copy them from the live everquest client. I have never had any issues moving zone files from the EQ live client into the RoF client. If you move none zone files you can screw up your client really quickly so be careful.
Full disclosure...I acquired the above sql information by tinkering around and using process of elimination. These methods are not very accurate and was done solely for experimentation.
Old 03-11-2022, 01:38 PM
Jorin
Sarnak

+10000 exp for you sir. This 100% is what I was hoping for. thanks a ton!
Old 03-11-2022, 01:39 PM
Jorin
Sarnak

I assume I just have to change 'zone' shortname,id,filename,and map name mostly correct?
Old 03-11-2022, 08:35 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

short_name, id, long_name, safe_x, safe_y, safe_z & zoneidnumber

You might want to read the following thread it has some more information you might find useful.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...t=Plane+shadow
Old 03-12-2022, 01:04 AM
Jorin
Sarnak

Thanks a ton!