Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-21-2013, 06:17 PM
Furniture
Hill Giant

Default Complete Solo Server Overhaul (Erotic Everquest)

The Erotic Everquest server has undergone a complete overhaul.

I originally wanted my server to be soloable, yet difficult in line with the spirit of everquest. Scaling mobs down so everyone is overpowered is not what I wanted.

So I am introducing a new concept to the solo server, which I am sure will appeal to some people.

Instead of scaling mobs down, my server scales items up. For example, a 5 wisdom item will act as if it were a 50 wisdom item , a 20 AC item will act as a 100AC item so on and so forth. Every piece of armor in the game will be effected. The same goes for a lot of beneficial buffs as well.

What does this mean? Solo ability now is gear dependant. If you want to be able to solo Nagafen, you better get yourself some great gear. A naked character will have the solo ability of a naked character on live.

So if you really want challenging everquest as a solo character with great satisfaction of getting new gear (and without the headache), this server is for you.

In addition to this, server also features:
-No stat caps
-No exp/gear penalty on death
-Incresed exp rate
-Random buff/port bots in the bazaar that randomly spawn and despawn
-Server knowledge gate clickie for all characters
-loads of fixes/improvements
-Open to suggestions for new features

I am currently in the process of adding quests to reward melee types with things such as a lull clicky , to balance out some things

Come check it out!!
Old 06-21-2013, 06:32 PM
xinu
Sarnak

Guessing it's from the work your doing today but I've been unable to connect to the server all day.
Still alive and looking for more Developers

EverQuest 2 Emulator
Vanguard SoH Emulator
Old 06-21-2013, 06:33 PM
Furniture
Hill Giant

Ughh, I thought there was some kind of problem, im able to log in just fine i guess theres an issue with other people connecting right now, I will restart things. If you cant get into the server in about 10 minutes please send me a PM
Old 06-21-2013, 07:44 PM
Furniture
Hill Giant

everthing is fixed btw, just had to restart router
Old 06-22-2013, 11:13 AM
Furniture
Hill Giant

Custom tasks for plat/exp - added

Vender selling jewlery (more merchants to come) next to tasks in PoK - added

AC bonus from items now scales with level for balance issues.

Mobs are beefed up to be a little more on par with p99/live mobs
Old 06-23-2013, 12:09 AM
Furniture
Hill Giant

Update: New hub zone featuring about 20 new venders with cultural gear, jewlery, and more! Check it out!
Old 06-23-2013, 06:27 AM
Burningsoul
Discordant

Without playing on the server yet it sucks that you've had one response for this thread. lll be hopping on and giving it a whirl. Seems like you have a solid vision, and I'm excited to see what you've done.

Edit: smartphone spelling check
Old 06-23-2013, 09:40 AM
Furniture
Hill Giant

thanks for the bump, we do actually have a couple of active players who have been playing on it since day 1, i hope you enjoy it!

Edit - I forgot to mention in this thread, but the AC bonus from armor is now scaled depending on your level. Other stat gear bonuses do not scale with your level.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:40 PM
Soraden
Fire Beetle

I'm having an issue with my characters. For some reason, when I log into a character, they are shown as dying and bleeding out. I'm not able to move or do anything in this state. It also happens with characters that I newly create. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Old 06-24-2013, 03:27 PM
Furniture
Hill Giant

Very strange, i have no idea, pm me your character names and I'll move them and try to get then working,
Old 06-27-2013, 08:20 PM
Furniture
Hill Giant

Update - Tons and tons of fixing, balancing, etc. No boxing currently allowed, server is very fun come check it out!
Old 06-29-2013, 08:28 PM
Furniture
Hill Giant

UPDATE: Check out our new forums for more info!

http://eroticeverquest.proboards.com/
Old 08-31-2013, 12:03 PM
Furniture
Hill Giant

Currently looking for a reliable dev/GM to help with the server who has interest in any of the following:
1)Creating custom content zones for the next tier of content
2) Hosting GM events
3) Fixing GoD zones to work like live

We have a pretty reliable population, plenty of players to play your content. If anyone would like to join me, please let me know.

Also if you are looking for an awesome solo server where you start weak and work your way up to soloing end game bosses come join us! A lot of the info listed above is not accurate anymore, please see eroticeverquest.proboards.com to see what our server is all about. We have also added a special challenge mode, hardcore mode, where you can delevel and play again without our custom bonuses for a chance to earn yourself an epic 2.0 among other prizes.

Thank you
Old 08-31-2013, 12:13 PM
vamer
Fire Beetle

Checked it out. Lots of great ideas goin on. lots of friendly players really open and talkative and helpful compared to most other servers ive been on. Cant wait to see what other great ideas Furniture will be able to implement
Old 08-31-2013, 10:48 PM
knowom
Discordant

Sounds like you have interesting ideas. That stat thing you mentioned sounds rather intriguing.

I might have to hop on and check it out sometime and see how it works in principle might be something I'd want to consider trying myself on a server I just started working on.

It's awfully involved getting started with custom content on EQemu when you've got no former experience with a lot of this stuff, but then again I've learned a fair amount in a relatively modest amount of time.