Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 11-19-2008, 06:48 AM
trevius
Developer

Thanks, Derision I will give that a try along with a few other things I have been wanting to test as soon as I get my new test server up and running. Going to run VMWare on my Windows PC to have another Linux installation without having to dual boot or build a 3rd PC. It should be MUCH easier (on me and my players) to do code testing once I get Linux running on VMWare.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:09 AM
KingMort
Banned

This exploit is majorly serious... Players can in fact duplicate tradeable items with this.. I hope that it gets fixed soon because until then Raid Addicts will not be Unlocked... Our economy has suffered greatly due to this..

Azamorra was a great coder who donated to our server an excellent fix for this , but it seems we have lost the code for it.. Aza if your out there please come back and help the community with this fix..

King
Old 11-21-2008, 09:12 AM
trevius
Developer

What are you talking about KingMort? Are you sure the issue you are referring to is related to this topic? More details would be helpful. If you are having issues with the account limiting, you can disable it in your rules.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
What are you talking about KingMort? Are you sure the issue you are referring to is related to this topic? More details would be helpful. If you are having issues with the account limiting, you can disable it in your rules.
He's just being KingMort atm. Ignore him.

He wants to put in the code on his server, however, I looked over the topics and can't make sense of where i'm supposed to put all the code right now. What do I remove, add, etc, because at the moment i'm sort of confused on where the code goes due to it being in three seperate posts.

I think what KingMort was trying to explain, from what I heard on IRC, that he wishes to disable the multi-account logon for his server, and that he's keeping it down until then.

So to prevent him from having a heart attack, could one of you please post the final code in a diff or something against latest SVN? I would appriciate it greatly. :P
Old 11-21-2008, 12:39 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...7&postcount=10

That is all you need. It's currently running on TGC and works fine. Just find the void ClientList::GetCLEIP references and tack that code after them. Of course, players are going to complain because if they get kicked midfight, they have to wait 5 min to get back in, but oh well. It fixes several dupping/trading exploits and allows us to enable shared plat.

Mort is right of course, multiple toons on the same account opens the door for many exploits, which make obtaining items or gearing a guild let's say trivial.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:27 PM
KingMort
Banned

Thanks Cavedude! I'll put that in myself

Quote:
He's just being KingMort atm. Ignore him.
FU Secrets
Old 11-21-2008, 04:17 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

From my testing with this code, it indeed kicks off players when they log in, but if you log in two characters to character select, and then log in them both at the same time, you are able to bypass it. Still messing with it to see if it was a fluke, though.

-S
Old 11-21-2008, 09:38 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Nevermind... KingMort was having issues with his SVN, doh.

I ended up putting in aza77's fix for this issue, which gets it from the loginserver->world, and denies a second account from logging in altogether. If I had aza77's contact info, i'd ask for permission to post it as I don't know if he wants that specific piece posted. But I don't have his contact info, so i'm tempted to share it.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:36 PM
KingMort
Banned

Well it's not yours to be sharing so yeah...

Probably not a good idea
Old 11-23-2008, 06:27 PM
trevius
Developer

I tried the suggestion that Derision made, but that didn't work. In fact, it stopped the limiting from happening at all as far as I could tell.

I am sure we can still come up with something. If I could only find the code that keeps you from logging in the same character more than once, I think it could be applied to this code to make a good solution.

I don't know if anything changed with the situation with aza77 (didn't know them), but here are a few excerpts from the changelog that seem to show that aza77 doesn't mind sharing code:

Quote:
==10/28/2006
aza77: Fixed SendAppearancePacket
aza77: Fixed a PvP bug that caused the zone to crash on death

==07/16/2006
aza77: Fixed the lift issue + keyitems at doors
aza77: Fixed + modified traps and added a new type of trap

==07/13/2006
aza77: Added in game guild creation variables.GuildCreation + commands #guildcreate #guildapprove #guildlist

==07/12/2006
aza77: Added triggered only doors.

==07/05/2006
aza77: Added variables.Rules + commands #rules #acceptrules

==06/28/2006
aza77: Changed hp_regen + mana_regen such that negative values indicate no regen

==06/27/2006
aza77: Added quest::setnextinchpevent + $inchpevent
aza77: Added quest::sethp

==06/25/2006
aza77: Fixed PVP appearance issues

==06/15/2006
aza: Added MySQL5 support (FOR CUSTOM COMPILE ONLY)

==05/31/2006
FatherNitwit: (aza) Added quest::unscribespells

==05/06/2006
FatherNitwit: (aza) Enabled newer froglok classes.
FatherNitwit: (aza) Enabled several berserker combat skills.

==04/13/2006
FatherNitwit: Adding the incstats canges from aza on the forums.
And, here is the last post I see from aza77, and it just happens to show more sharing:

http://eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21609

So, I would be pretty surprised if they were upset about their code being posted. From what I can tell, they would have wanted it shared. I do believe that the author reserves all rights to decide to share or not. Since you are unable to reach them, it is up to you whether to share or not. My guess is that the code wasn't meant to be secret, but was just something that they never got around to sharing. If they were a secretive person, then I would definitely say not to share.

Either way, we will get the account limiting issue resolved in the best way possible. It isn't a big deal. If the code that aza77 wrote just blocks them from logging in another character on the same account, then that is what the current code here already does, so it wouldn't be needed anyway. The only thing we need is a way to make it boot the in game character on the same account instead of blocking the one logging in. If it doesn't do that, there is no use for the code anyway.