Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 12-24-2017, 05:04 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

Default Errors with setup script Ubuntu 16.04

I have been trying to setup a server on Ubuntu 16.04 using the setup script linked off of the homepage. I am using a clean install (through Digital Ocean) when I run the script. I am having two main problems.

1) The scripts do not connect to the database. I get this error when the scripts are running or when I run the eqemu_server.pl
Code:
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user '<user>'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
I have confirmed that I am able to log into MySQL using the credentials listed in the install_variables.txt through the terminal though.

2) The server code fails to compile. I am going to the source directory manually and trying to run "cmake ." which shows no errors, but when I run "make," I get this

Code:
[ 32%] Building CXX object libs/luabind/CMakeFiles/luabind.dir/src/class.cpp.o
c++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-5/README.Bugs> for instructions.
libs/luabind/CMakeFiles/luabind.dir/build.make:62: recipe for target 'libs/luabind/CMakeFiles/luabind.dir/src/class.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [libs/luabind/CMakeFiles/luabind.dir/src/class.cpp.o] Error 4
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:164: recipe for target 'libs/luabind/CMakeFiles/luabind.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [libs/luabind/CMakeFiles/luabind.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:127: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
Old 12-25-2017, 01:23 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Ubuntu LTS 16 has been tested several times before with a successful run without issues.

Double check that the beginning questions/passwords are consistent if you happened to rerun the script after an interruption mid-run etc.

You will see some warnings/errors before the database is mounted and those can be safely ignored.

As far as the compiler errors - those look like the compiler was killed off and there's not an actual compiler error off of the source to give you any clues on

I would try wiping and doing another clean
Old 12-25-2017, 02:33 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

I was able to fix the MySQL issue by using a simpler password. Before, I had a bunch of special characters, and I changed it to a pure alpha password. The scripts can now connect to the database.

I still cannot compile the source code though.
I am using a fresh install of Ubuntu 16.04.3 x64. I am only running this script
Code:
wget --no-check-certificate https://raw.githubusercontent.com/EQEmu/Server/master/utils/scripts/linux_installer/install.sh -O install.sh && chmod 755 install.sh && ./install.sh
once, and during that initial run, I get the compiler failure.

I've been poking at it and trying to install random packages that I found mentioned on the forums, but I still cannot build the code. Now, I get this error
Code:
[  2%] Building CXX object common/CMakeFiles/common.dir/database.cpp.o
c++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-5/README.Bugs> for instructions.
common/CMakeFiles/common.dir/build.make:206: recipe for target 'common/CMakeFiles/common.dir/database.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [common/CMakeFiles/common.dir/database.cpp.o] Error 4
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:85: recipe for target 'common/CMakeFiles/common.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [common/CMakeFiles/common.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:127: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
Is there an updated list of instructions for setting up a server on Linux? I think doing the steps individually as opposed to using the automated script might make it easier to know where something is going wrong or doing something unexpected.
Old 12-25-2017, 03:42 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Hmm

I just ran through a LTS 16 install again with no issues - no compile errors.

Your error is incredibly generic and doesn't have anything to do with the source failing to compile so my assumption is that it is system specific.

If you Google: "c++: internal compiler error: Killed" you'll find articles that you're running out of RAM, I'd bump that up and try compiling again

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?to...523#msg9298523

Quote:
Is there an updated list of instructions for setting up a server on Linux? I think doing the steps individually as opposed to using the automated script might make it easier to know where something is going wrong or doing something unexpected.
As of right now no, we will refresh Linux manual install instructions in the early 2018 doc refresh that we have planned

As of this date the installer for Linux has been used 900+ times to completion

Try making those adjustments and try again
Old 12-25-2017, 08:35 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

That did the trick. It looks like 512 MB of RAM is not enough. Everything is working now. Thanks!
Old 12-26-2017, 02:00 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randymarsh9 View Post
That did the trick. It looks like 512 MB of RAM is not enough. Everything is working now. Thanks!
Awesome, glad you got it