Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:18 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Default Nektulos - yes again

I am going crazy here because I thought I had this problem fixed but obviously not. This happens on SOF, SOD, UF but is fine on Titanium. Two problems but with the same zone.

The first issue is once again I am raining dogs, spiders and skeletons in Nektulos and I thought I had that fixed. I renamed my nektulos.s3d filed and created a new map file using the latest azone2.exe and copied that file as nektulos(v3).map to the /home/eqemu/Maps folder and set permissions. I restarted the server and still the same thing. I thought maybe the brackets were throwing off Debian so I renamed the file in the database to nektulosv3 and make a copy on the server but the same thing. Also the guards are missing, I guess under the world. The emitters are messed up but that is easily fixable, I need the map and z-axis fixed first.

Also I made the client version changes as I did before for the zone points table but the SOF, SOD and UF clients zoning from Neriak-A to Nektulos get into a zoning loop. They say they are going to Nektulos but zone back into the Neriak-A zone point and get stuck in a loop. None of the log files seem to reflect and error. I look at the zone points in the database and I am just stuck because as far as I can tell nothing is wrong. Titanium clients zone perfectly. So my question is does anyone with a newer client and new PEQ database have time to see if theirs works ?

Yes I am posting a Linux server question in the Windows section. I do not think this is a Linux problem though.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:46 PM
robinreg
Sarnak

what I did was make a separate folder to make map. and copy the EGG file only since it's the only file that makes up the revamp zone. and do the azone2.exe with only that file in the folder. then rename that map to nektulos(v3). Hope that helps.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:01 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Okay, here we go. I went ahead and made a directory in my UF client, called mymaps and copied just nektulos.egg over to it and azone2.exe, I used the precompiled one from SVN.

Code:
AZONE2: EQEmu .MAP file generator with placeable object support.
Attempting to load EQG nektulos
Unable to open singleobelisk.tog
Unable to open corathus.tog
There are 2586222 vertices and 862074 faces.
EQG V4 Placeable Zone Support
ObjectGroupCount = 2391
azone.ini not found in current directory. Including default models.
After processing placeable objects, there are 2660367 vertices and 886789 faces.

Bounding box: -1151.71 < x < 1280.00, -2400.00 < y < 2560.00
Building quadtree.
Done building quad tree...
Match counters: 4589306 easy in, 13470106 easy out, 53128 hard in, 0 hard out.
Writing map file.
Map header: Version: 0x01000000. 886789 faces, 1253 nodes, 979721 facelists
Done writing map (47.74MB).
The file size was the exact same as what was on the server, exactly to the byte. A total of 50,063,251 according to Debian. I log in as admin, do a #zone nektulos and the exact same results, mobs dropping from the sky.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:48 PM
louis1016
Hill Giant

On my server, if I do a #zone command to get to nektulos with the sod client I have your problem, but if I zone in without the command from ec or any other surrounding zones like a normal player, the zone loads just fine (without any changes done to my nektulos files).
Old 04-23-2011, 07:56 PM
robinreg
Sarnak

yes, that would make sense since peq uses a client mask version number for zoning in from the surrounding area.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:02 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Can you do me a favor and #zone to neriaka and then zone like a player into Nektulos and tell me what happens ?
Old 04-25-2011, 08:04 AM
Wolfling
Fire Beetle

You probably need to #spawnfix the mobs / npcs.
as nek uses the same zone id as the s3d version the spawns are using the same spawn locs.
Had to do this on my server to get the new nek zone to work
Old 04-25-2011, 08:06 AM
provocating
Demi-God

This is the first time I have heard of spawnfix, what does it actually do ?
Old 04-25-2011, 08:13 AM
Wolfling
Fire Beetle

It resets the spawnloc for the mob. Target mob, stand where you want it to spawn, it will vanish when #spawnfix
#repop will make it spawn where you was stood.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:37 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Just to touch on this again. Not only cannot I not zone from NeriakA to Nektulos, I also tried from POK. With both zones you are bumped back to the previous zone. There are no abnormal messages in the zone log.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:43 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Just in case anyone runs into this, I found info over at PEQ where someone had the same issue. It is caused by my SQL client not firing the last line, I guess it got a duplicate insert error and never hit the last line.

Anyway, this is the missing code, and it did fix my zoning into Nektulos issue.

Code:
INSERT INTO `instance_lockout` VALUES (1,25,1,1,0,0,1),(2,25,2,1,0,0,1);
Old 06-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Zothen
Hill Giant

No, that doesnt help for me. Whenever I use /zone or #zone to get to Nektulos, I end up in the wrong, unfinished zone without an exit to East Commons.

Well, there are 2 nektulos zones with the same name and the same zoneidnumber, so no surprise this is messing server behavior up.

I need a way to disable the older zone completely...

Btw, where is the prevamped version of nektulos?
Old 06-05-2011, 04:33 AM
Wolfling
Fire Beetle

i'm a bit confussed as to what you trying to acheive?
do you want to use old version or new version?
nektulos.s3d = old version
nektulos.eqg = new version

you say you end up in "wrong, unfinished zone without an exit to East Commons." that sounds like new version to me.
Then you say "I need a way to disable the older zone completely..."

if you want the old version, then rename/remove the .eqg, that will force it to load the old .s3d version.

if you want new versions, then it will take a bit of work, i use new version, which now all works, and zones into and back from all zones (L/S (new) - Commonlands (new) - C/C - PoK - Neriak) also make a zone over into neriakc through unused cave (made it quicker for my necro lol)
Old 06-05-2011, 06:16 AM
Zothen
Hill Giant

Using the proper client, I can zone in/out of the new zone from Commons or Neriak without any problems. The v3 version of Nektulos works just fine, as long as you zone in/out normally.

But when I use the gm /zone command, I always enter the older version of Nektulos. Its still the revamped one, but its unfinished, mobs raining through the ground, no exit to Commons etc.

The prevamped Nektulos does not even to exists in the PEQ database anymore or I am too blind to see it. But thats not the problem, was just wondering.

I just want to fix the conflict between the both nektulos entries in the database. When I type "/zone nektulos", how is the server supposed to know which version I want to zone in when there are 2 zones called "nektulos", not one "nektulos" and one "nektulosold" for example.

I tried to rename the old one, but after that /zone didnt work anymore, cause the server couldnt find "safe coordinates" for zoning...
Old 06-05-2011, 08:24 AM
sorvani
Dragon

New nektulos is an instance I believe. So when you #zone you are going to the correct zone based on your client, but the mobs are loading from the first zone result, aka the original Nektulos.