Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:20 PM
themalu
Fire Beetle

Default Missing buttons on character creation screen

Installed EQ using Titanium and followed the guide to to get things working (replacing files et cetera). EQ starts just fine, I can log in and get to server select screen. I select the server (tried several and I get the same error on all), and as I arrive to character selection screen the buttons flash for a second only to disappear.

After searching the forums it seems most people have sorted this by running full screen, but no matter what settings I try, I get the same problem. If I move the mouse I can see the pointer change so I can move the invisible windows, and if I happen to click on "Create a new character" (even though I don't see it), it works, as I see that the base human model usually changes to some other race.

Long story short, no matter if I run windowed or full, large or small resolution, the buttons on character selection screen work, but I cannot see them. Any ideas?
Old 12-29-2009, 01:12 AM
eekks
Fire Beetle

bump, having the same problem and its driving me mad!
Old 02-01-2010, 06:14 PM
seas
Fire Beetle

Same for me....
Old 02-10-2010, 02:56 AM
wilshire
Fire Beetle

Same...someone have a fix?
Old 02-10-2010, 08:47 AM
jkennedy
Hill Giant

dont quote me but i think tis something to do with either your graphics card or the drivers or directx my friend had this happen way back on live
Old 03-01-2010, 05:55 PM
drakain63
Fire Beetle

Bumping this... anyone have a fix?
Old 03-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Envisage
Sarnak

Any fix for this?
Old 03-11-2010, 07:58 PM
krazzeekane
Fire Beetle

Please someone find a fix for this. I have the same issue
Old 03-11-2010, 08:51 PM
trevius
Developer

There should be a file named OptionsEditor.exe in your Everquest folder. Open that program and set your resolution to 1024X768 and make sure you select your video card and other settings while using that tool and see if that helps. Since EQ can start ok for you, you may just be able to click the Options button on the login screen, then exit EQ and restart it once you have saved your changes in the options.

You may also want to look in your everquest /logs folder and read the file named dbg.txt that is there. It may have some errors in it that could explain your problem. It could be that the UI is failing to load because there is a problem with your default UI or character UI settings.

If none of that helps, you can try uninstalling EQ completely and then deleting the entire Everquest folder completely. Then, reinstall it from the disks again and make sure it doesn't patch. If you previously had EQ on your PC and installed Titanium over it, it is probably trying to use the older or newer UI you already had installed, which could definitely break the UI and cause it not to display. Unless you actually delete your old EQ folder before installing Titanium or SoF, or unless you install Titanium or SoF into a different folder than the default, it will use many of the old install files and cause random issues like that.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:46 AM
Timewalker5
Fire Beetle

BUMP, i run a 6730b HP laptop(POS FO GAMING) and i had some random drive for another card that fixed this before.......... BUT ASIDE FROM THIS FIX I FIRMLY BELIEVE THE OLD CHAR SELECT SCREEN WOULD FIX THIS!!!!!!!!! IF ANYONE HAS ISOS for the FIRST TWO EVERQUEST CDS I WOULD BE GREATLY APRECIATIVE, at that the .CLZ files for the char select screen i believe would also fix this IF ANYONE HAS THE CLZ OR THE ISOS PLEASE BUMP THIS HERE THANKYOU FOR YOUR TIME AND HELP

LTWTM